December 20, 2014 | 1666 users online

Treatments (Face) - Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by saramason111

I'm on my second jar. It's called "Studio35 Beauty" at Walgreens. I love it. It makes my skin more even toned and it brings back the rose in my cheeks! Diminished lines on my forehead and between my brows and small little laugh lines that were forming. Is fading a few light brown sunspots that appeared within the last year as well. As another reviewer said, it IS hope in a jar. It delivers. Personally, I see better results from this product than pricier retinoids I've used.

I simply remove my makeup at night thoroughly with a gentle cleanser and washcloth, then apply this AHA all over my face, hit the hay, then wake up with supple skin and rosy cheeks. In the morning, I cleanse gently, and apply BB Cream with SPF 30 (you need to wear a sunscreen when using AHAs!! Trust me, I know. I didn't once when using this and the brown spots came back). I highly recommend this and I hope they never discontinue!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by cheekyjaney

This is my first ever review here in MakeupAlley and it is for a product that is really worth 5 stars, doesn't even matter about the packaging, you can always do something about that.

I have been using this for a month now and I just love it! Before that, I used Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner and I only have great things to say about the effect of ACV on me but since I started with this product, I haven't touched ACV since. No break-outs even during periods and it just leaves your skin smooth. I only use it as night cream. I have keratosis and I will try it on my arm as well. I live in Canada and my sister had to buy me a tub but when I visit them this Christmas, I'm sure to stock up for an entire year! She is using this now too.

Thanks MakeupAlley as I wouldn't have known about this product if not for the product review page I see when I first log in. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by eccentricgogo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really effective AHA for the price. I use it once a day at night, which may be too much for people with really sensitive skin but is perfect for me. I don't break out much anymore, just a couple pimples around that time of the month but this helps any problems heal in just a few days. It's also considerably lightened the hyperpigmentation marks on my cheeks from mild/moderate acne. My skin has just become better textured and more glowing since using this product, and for the super cheap price it really can't be beat. It's a little glue-like and not very attractively scented, but I think I can handle it for $8 and a whole tub full of benefits.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by dcoulon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a MIRACLE cream. I was doubtful at the beginning--I used it for several nights and noticed little change. However, once I paired it with a stiff body brush, I saw miracles! For as long as I can remember, I've had little red bumps on my legs (especially on my thighs). I've tried everything--aggressive loofah-ing, body scrubs, etc. After FOUR DAYS of body brushing every night, then showering (to rinse off the dead skin cells), then applying this cream, my legs are silky smooth and completely bump-free! I couldn't believe it, even my husband commented on how smooth they were! I can't recommend this cream enough, but I want to emphasize that for me I really noticed a significant difference only when I paired it with a body brush. Now that my legs are smooth, I use this cream only a few times a week. It does increase sensitivity to sun, so I always make sure to apply sunscreen (which I do anyways).

I have only one quibble--I dislike that this comes in a tub, rather than with a pump-dispenser, since it's very liquid-y and I feel like I'm contaminating the tub every time I grab some of the cream. But I just make sure to only apply after a shower, when my hands are clean!

A quick note: my cream is called "Studio 35 Beauty," which is the new name for the Walgreens brand. It's a bit more expensive (like a dollar more than when it was just under the Walgreens name) but I don't even care, that's how much I love this cream!

EDIT: I've been using this cream for several months now, and not only did I buy another tub when the first ran out, but I actually stocked up in case my store ran out! I never stock up, but this cream is amazing. My legs are silky smooth now (no more red bumps!). I even have a friend with acne scarring on her face, and since she started using it her scarring has become visibly less noticeable. I highly recommend giving this cream a try!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by becca19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. The trick really is to pat it on your skin until it's absorbed and not to rub it in. I will continue to buy this and it is now a part of my daily skin care routine.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. My skin hasn't looked this good in years. Dramatically reduced the appearance of my acne scars and has evened out my complexion. It's kind of hard to find. I had to drive to several walgreens before finding it, but it was worth it. I blend it into my face after every shower before bed. Has a slight stinging sensation but seemed to go away after a few uses. Cost about $8.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I figured I's start my review and edit it as the weeks go by. Been using this for about a week now, and I'm happy with the results I've been getting. I apply it once daily (at night) and wake up to softer, smoother skin. It does smell like glue, but I don't really have an issue with it since it's so light and fades away.

There is a tiny bit of tingling, not a sting exactly, more of just an itchy tingle that goes away after a bit.

I've been getting a lot of compliments on my skin, it just looks smoother and more radiant. It's been helping with any pimples I have as well, my skin is almost completely cleared up.

Like I said, I'll come back and edit this as the weeks go by to update any progress or disappointments.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Rumrumrum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is truly a great product that I always have stocked. The packaging is plain, basic, unattractive but really we all know it's what's inside that counts. It's a white cream that feels sticky upon application and smells like Elmer's glue. Yes, I know, that's uncool and unglamorous. But, the results are worth it because it's SO cheap and has worked almost as well as higher end exfoliators (namely Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Peel.) It really does exfoliate and works as a good basic. Because it smells and feels gross I usually use it for my body and save the pricey stuff for my face. I love it on my neck and décolletage as well as my chest. feet, back and sometimes my bum. And I have to tell you my whole body is so so soft after using this for a couple of days. It's cheap enough for me to be ok with using it on my body once or twice a week. It's gentle enough to apply every night after you acclimate yourself to it so I suggest a very thin layer and for those with uber sensitive skin: mix a bit of it with your night cream and you'll wake up a little pumper, a little more hydrated, and exfoliated. As with every chemical exfoliator I use I always wash it away gently with a wet cloth because some of the skin can stick but I don't suggest actually rubbing the cloth back and forth enough to exfoliate some more. I mean, you should probably have some skin on your body to protect from infection and loss of fluids, ya know?

In summation: I really adore this product as the-little-engine-that-could type exfoliator. I first bought this to help with hyper pigmentation and I haven't really seen a difference as evident as with other products ( primarily vitamin-c based ones.) However, it definitely helps with my hormonal breakouts, keeps my skin glowing, and is generally a good time.

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by bonitasonia

It seems so generic but it's WONDERFUL!!! I have been using it 2x's a day and it leaves my skin looking radiant. I use it over ROC and it has made a huge difference. It has also made a big difference with my acne. I noticed that the sting was for an open wound from a nasty mosquito bite on my neck. Other then that no sting to it. I decided to try this after reading the reviews on hear and i have added it to my routine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by YCR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOOOVE this! I have very, very oily skin that's prone to clogged pores on my nose and I get a few pimples every now and then, but nothing too bad. This AHA cream is fantastic because it makes your skin look more even-toned and the texture of your skin feels just so smooth even the day after you apply it and it controls the amount of clogged pores I get around my nose. The price is fantastic (aproximately $6.00) for the amount of product you get (4.0 oz). The cream's texture is very light and it doesn't leave your skin greasy when you apply it. I apply this right before going to bed and I do wake up looking very greasy in the morning, but as soon as I wash my face with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser my skin does look more even than it did the night before. I know it sounds too good to be true, but this stuff does really work very well on my skin. I don't use this daily, just two or three times per week and I exfoliate my skin with a small sponge and gentle cleanser (Cetaphil) before applying this and I've noticed I get better results this way. I would definitely recommend this, unless you have very sensitive skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No