April 18, 2014 | 903 users online

Cleansers - Sebamed - Anti-Bacterial Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by annaelinaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG cleanser!! I have quite difficult skin even though it is in good condition now (thanks to this cleanser, a good moisturizer and my Clarisonic Mia). I have combination skin and I get flaky and red around the nose and on the chin if I don't use a good moisturizer. My pores also clog easily and even though I rarely get big pimples, my skin can look really uneven. So I can't use anything too harsh because my skin is too sensitive but too light cleansers do nothing to my blackheads and other bumps!

Sebamed cleansing foam has really helped with my pores and I just don't get those nasty bumps like I did before, it keeps my skin looking clear. And it's not harsh at all!! This is like the first cleanser that actually kills the bacteria but doesn't dry out my skin. I also like the packaging with the pump- it's hygienic and it's easy to get the amount of product you want (I use about 1 and a half a pump).

SO I LOVE IT and you should definitely give it a go :) And please, give it a little bit time to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great, great cleanser! I just bought my 3rd bottle. I keep switching cleansers to find something a little..eh ..maybe sexier, but I keep coming back to this. It's not fancy at all, but it's a great cleanser for acne-prone skin.
Only a few ingredients, no crazy smell, ph 5.5, antibacterial but not harsh like other cleansers for acne often are.

It comes with a pump, so you pump out the foam when using it. It cleans your skin, removes light makeup and does not make you skin tight or dry in any way.

I used to have this kind of dry but at the same time greasy skin, which might be because of harsh cleansers. Now after the second bottle of this, my skin heals faster and I have a lot less flaky and dry patches. Alltogether is is a lot more calm and supple. This is also a good cleanser in combination with the clairsonic. I used it together with the clairsonic maybe twice a week.

One thing that I don't like bout it, is the taste. It has a strong taste when you get some of it on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ederout

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've suffered from acne for 20 years. Over the past 10 years, it's gotten worse and worse, with recurring cystic spots in some areas. I've been using benzoyl peroxide off and on over the years, with varied success, but lately it's completely stopped working for me. Besides that, it makes my skin red and sensitive, bleaches my towels and clothing - I despise the stuff!

On a whim, after seeing a roadshow at Costco, I hopped onto the Sebamed site and bought some items from the acne line. The foaming wash, and gel. The turnaround in my skin over just the first few days has been remarkable.

I can't even believe it. All spots gone except for a few stubborn ones on my forehead, which are now about 70% gone. I could cry - my skin is soft, bright and hydrated. My skin has always been very dry, so I had zero confidence that the gel would be moisturizing enough, but lo and behold, my skin is softer and more balanced than ever! The dry spots I always suffer with are gone.

Just last night I ordered shampoo, body wash and the baby care line for my daughter.

I highly recommend that everyone give this brand a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by mirili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foam is just great. I have really sensitive acne prone skin and every other cleanser I used dried out my skin badly. I wasnt even planning to buy this product(and with skin care i always do research before buying) but when i saw that it had just a few ingredients I decided to try it. And I dont regret it. i think that its at least worth a try especially for people with similar type of skin as mine. Love it!
EDIT: Started to brake me out and really dried out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 7:14:00 AM More reviews by d61rlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVEEEEE LOVEEEEE THIS CLEANSING FOAM!
i'm using the fifth bottle now already!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Iíve been using this for less than a week and Iím liking it so far. I consider it inexpensive as I got it for under a fiver and it appears to be a promising product that delivers:

-a good value amount of product @ 150ml
-instant foaming action & easy lathering
-a light, clean coconut scent
-leaves skin feeling extra smooth to touch immediately after use

I also like the science behind the Ph 5.5 element and how my face doesnít feel stripped after using this proving that it really is a gentle cleanser.
I have no qualms with having to wait 5 mins for this to work on skin- it make sense that one should allow a product to do its job for x amount of time anyway before diluting its potency with water and just washing it off.
I also use my Jan Marini Cleanser alongside this so having to let a product sit on my face for a while to work is nothing new to me. I can imagine this Cleanser should last me a good while, will update soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by obviously

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best cleanser i've ever tried. This product (used with the toner and the face care gel) really improved my skin. I used to have pimples all the time, an a very mixed skin overall. After using this for months, i get a pimple now and than, but it's much better than before.
The cleanser itself smells good, i love the packaging, and it lasts long. I really, really like this!
UPDATE: mine's not called "antibacterial". ONLY "Sebamed cleansing foam" !!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by btari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG cleanser so far. I live in tropical country, have a very oily and acne-prone skin. Over the counter product makes me breakout, even the baby-mild, soap-and-fragrance free product such as Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. The only cleanser that worked for me was the one prescribed by dermatologist.
I was eager to try Sebamed Antibacterial Cleansing Foam because it claimed to combat bacteria. Well, they're right. It keeps pimple away from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Ca20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First I have to say that it's a relief I live in Europe making this product very accessible and more affordable.

After reading some comments I have noticed that this is a love or hate product for many. In cases like these, it's either a hit or a miss. Please don't rely on neither good reviews nor bad reviews. Instead, have faith in the product if its description appeals to you. In my personal opinion, sebamed clearface has been an efficient product, does just what it says on the '' tin '', you have to be patient and follow the prescribed steps!! If you don't, then blame yourself, not the product. It's a german brand and germans are generally known for being efficient and yes, stereotypically, like everything to be clean! My skin feels clean, fresh, my occasional breakouts ARE reduced and I have been told by dermatologists that I have beautiful and even skin (and believe me I'm prone to redness and oily T zone)... oh, and my boyfriend loves that nice clean subtle smell! Bought it for GBP 6.50. Well cheaper than most commercial mass produced brands that PROMISE to get rid of spots. At least I can say sebamed is an HONEST product. Read the enclosed leaflet and you'll know what I mean.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by puchokiki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a month. I have combination skin and occasionally get a pimple every now and then. My cousin bought this for me after I mentioned to her I was having some problems with my skin. Her entire family is a huge fan of Sebamed products, so I was really curious to try out this product.

I use it after Shu Uemura cleansing oil to wash my face. This product is very gentle, which is a huge bonus for me. I don't mind having to spend the extra 5-10 minutes leaving this product on my face. This works extremely well and I feel like my skin is softer after I use it and my skin is clearer and doesn't get very oily now. I also really like the idea of the product having a ph of 5.5.

The only bad this about this product is how hard it is to get a hold of it in the US. I believe it is a German brand, so it would be more easy to get a hold of in Europe? I will definitely be asking my parents to bring some back for me on their next trip to Taiwan.

Definitely planning on checking out some of Sebamed's other products!