August 1, 2014 | 1914 users online

Cleansers - Sebamed - Anti-Bacterial Cleansing Foam

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by lblay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently purchased this product after reading some very positive reviews. I have combination skin which is prone to breakouts, particularly around my chin area, with a tendency for an oily T-zone and dry cheeks. However, I've been using this for around 2-3 weeks now and noticed my skin has become very dry and flaky in places. I'm not sure whether this is being affected by the cold weather so I'm going to continue using it a bit longer. As I'm also using a BP topical cream at night, I'm finding it's all drying my skin out. I also noticed a dry, itchy patch appeared behind my ear after I started using this product. However, with a bit of moisturiser applied it seems to have calmed down.
So, overall I'm not entirely sure whether this cleanser is good or too harsh because of all the other elements and would be interested to hear other people's experiences when using during winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by LaGiaconda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have Rosacea and I LOVE this cleanser. Normally I would have NEVER tried an acne wash on my extremely sensitive skin but I purchased this because my nose was always oily and my pores were becoming ridiculous (probably because I was using really gentle products). Also I have constant hormonal acne on my chin and neck. The day I bought this the sunscreen I was wearing was burning my face so bad I just had to get it off. I washed my entire face and it felt instantly better. I had planned on rewashing my face with a gentle cleanser but didn't have to. I have been using this cleanser and the clear face care gel that goes with it for about 3 weeks now and can't see myself stopping. My over all complexion is so much better and my face hardly ever burns anymore. My cheeks are still pretty red but this isn't an anti-redness product so I can't fault it for that.

I had never seen this product advertised here in New Zealand. I don't know if it's well known anywhere else. I hope it becomes well known because it truly is amazing.

I've even gone out and bought the Sebamed Multi Protect Sun Lotion 50 and I'm so happy with that. It only slightly bothers my face (which is INCREDIBLE) for sunscreen on my face. It doesn't make me look oily and it was quickly absorbed on my body. I'm loving this brand.

If anyone with rosacea wants to try this maybe just try it on a small area in case you don't have the same reaction as me. I'd hate to be responsible for any bad reaction. However, I highly recommend anyone to give this a try as my face hasn't been this comfortable since before I got rosacea.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by vasudhapande

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product, neat packaging. So you use the pump to dispense foam, put some on your face and wait for about 5 minutes for the chemicals to kill bacteria. And the wait's -totally- worth it. This cleanser is extremely mild, calming, antibacterial, and simply the best thing I have ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by annaelinaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG cleanser!! I have quite difficult skin even though it is in good condition now (thanks to this cleanser, a good moisturizer and my Clarisonic Mia). I have combination skin and I get flaky and red around the nose and on the chin if I don't use a good moisturizer. My pores also clog easily and even though I rarely get big pimples, my skin can look really uneven. So I can't use anything too harsh because my skin is too sensitive but too light cleansers do nothing to my blackheads and other bumps!

Sebamed cleansing foam has really helped with my pores and I just don't get those nasty bumps like I did before, it keeps my skin looking clear. And it's not harsh at all!! This is like the first cleanser that actually kills the bacteria but doesn't dry out my skin. I also like the packaging with the pump- it's hygienic and it's easy to get the amount of product you want (I use about 1 and a half a pump).

SO I LOVE IT and you should definitely give it a go :) And please, give it a little bit time to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great, great cleanser! I just bought my 3rd bottle. I keep switching cleansers to find something a little..eh ..maybe sexier, but I keep coming back to this. It's not fancy at all, but it's a great cleanser for acne-prone skin.
Only a few ingredients, no crazy smell, ph 5.5, antibacterial but not harsh like other cleansers for acne often are.

It comes with a pump, so you pump out the foam when using it. It cleans your skin, removes light makeup and does not make you skin tight or dry in any way.

I used to have this kind of dry but at the same time greasy skin, which might be because of harsh cleansers. Now after the second bottle of this, my skin heals faster and I have a lot less flaky and dry patches. Alltogether is is a lot more calm and supple. This is also a good cleanser in combination with the clairsonic. I used it together with the clairsonic maybe twice a week.

One thing that I don't like bout it, is the taste. It has a strong taste when you get some of it on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ederout

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've suffered from acne for 20 years. Over the past 10 years, it's gotten worse and worse, with recurring cystic spots in some areas. I've been using benzoyl peroxide off and on over the years, with varied success, but lately it's completely stopped working for me. Besides that, it makes my skin red and sensitive, bleaches my towels and clothing - I despise the stuff!

On a whim, after seeing a roadshow at Costco, I hopped onto the Sebamed site and bought some items from the acne line. The foaming wash, and gel. The turnaround in my skin over just the first few days has been remarkable.

I can't even believe it. All spots gone except for a few stubborn ones on my forehead, which are now about 70% gone. I could cry - my skin is soft, bright and hydrated. My skin has always been very dry, so I had zero confidence that the gel would be moisturizing enough, but lo and behold, my skin is softer and more balanced than ever! The dry spots I always suffer with are gone.

Just last night I ordered shampoo, body wash and the baby care line for my daughter.

I highly recommend that everyone give this brand a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by mirili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foam is just great. I have really sensitive acne prone skin and every other cleanser I used dried out my skin badly. I wasnt even planning to buy this product(and with skin care i always do research before buying) but when i saw that it had just a few ingredients I decided to try it. And I dont regret it. i think that its at least worth a try especially for people with similar type of skin as mine. Love it!
EDIT: Started to brake me out and really dried out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 7:14:00 AM More reviews by d61rlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVEEEEE LOVEEEEE THIS CLEANSING FOAM!
i'm using the fifth bottle now already!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Iíve been using this for less than a week and Iím liking it so far. I consider it inexpensive as I got it for under a fiver and it appears to be a promising product that delivers:

-a good value amount of product @ 150ml
-instant foaming action & easy lathering
-a light, clean coconut scent
-leaves skin feeling extra smooth to touch immediately after use

I also like the science behind the Ph 5.5 element and how my face doesnít feel stripped after using this proving that it really is a gentle cleanser.
I have no qualms with having to wait 5 mins for this to work on skin- it make sense that one should allow a product to do its job for x amount of time anyway before diluting its potency with water and just washing it off.
I also use my Jan Marini Cleanser alongside this so having to let a product sit on my face for a while to work is nothing new to me. I can imagine this Cleanser should last me a good while, will update soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by obviously

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best cleanser i've ever tried. This product (used with the toner and the face care gel) really improved my skin. I used to have pimples all the time, an a very mixed skin overall. After using this for months, i get a pimple now and than, but it's much better than before.
The cleanser itself smells good, i love the packaging, and it lasts long. I really, really like this!
UPDATE: mine's not called "antibacterial". ONLY "Sebamed cleansing foam" !!