November 28, 2014 | 1030 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - L'Oreal - Refreshing Eye Make Up Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by mink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the worst eye makeup remover I have ever used. Not only does it not remove anything (especially waterproof mascara) and mostly just smudges the makeup, it also stings when it gets in contact with my eye. I really tried to make it work but haven't had any luck even holding a cotton pad soaked in the remover over my eye for a while or patiently swiping it numerous times, so sadly I will be tossing an almost full bottle of this.

As advertised, it is oil-free but I'd rather put up with an oily product that actually works. I previously used the Gentle Eye Makeup Remover which was ok so I thought this would be fine too, but I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is way cheaper than Lancome bi-facial, so I decided to switch from Lancome to Loreal to save some bucks. The move turned out to be very foolish since the two products are not even comparable. I need to rub back and forth several times to remove my eye makeup and when I use pencil liner, the remover won't work almost at all. Seriously, I mean "almost at all".

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Hmm, this makeup remover use to be one of my favorites because I loved how it left a "clean feeling" on my face and not an oily mess I'd have to remove with another remover. And the packaging for this is pretty nice in my opinion. I always remove makeup by dipping a clean Q-tip in my remover or using a square cotton pad and this bottle made that easy to do. However, it has fallen over a couple times in the past because it's a little top heavy. As for the formula itself- it's ok not incredibly effective. It takes a couple times to fully remove eye makeup and if you're wearing waterproof mascara... good luck with this stuff. You'd be better off using water and soap. Probably won't be repurchasing this, unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this makeup remover, but its not as good as the Lancome one. This does the job, and works very similarly to the Clinique take the day off makeup remover. However, I will use this up, probably stick to my usual Avon makeup remover for $1.99.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Cherie65

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible product. Removed my eyeshadow easily but just smuged my eyeliner and washable mascara. It's basically expensive water in a bottle. You're better off using soap and water. Compllete waste of money. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

i really think i have been using this stuff since i started wearing makeup (started around 13, 14 and i'm 21 now). this is the only makeup remover (besides bioderma) that removes makeup without an oily residue. to be completely honest, if you're trying to remove a stubborn liquid eyeliner or a waterproof mascara, you're going to be wiping at it for a while. but for cleaning up left over eyeliner, flakes of mascara or making a line more precise this stuff is perfect. it's gotten more and more expensive as the years go by but i'm pretty much dedicated. my only complaint is that i ALWAYS manage to knock it over and it dumps out half the product so i kinda wish the packaging was a little more secure? whatever, this stuff rules. the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by mvincennie

i love this makeup remover, very clean, not oily at all. Almost like using water however removes all my eye makeup even the hard to budge kind. use it with a qtip or cotton ball. great price i usually buy mine in Harmon drug store for 4.99. it's easy to spot the blue bottle in the aisle. this product does not have a funny smell either, just fresh and clean. just be careful when dipping a qtip in the bottle i always seem to drop a qtip in the bottle every time i get one then have to fish it out but that's just me being clutsy :P

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by dmj618

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The one I have, looks just like this one but in the green bottle, it's for waterproof makeup. I LOVE THIS STUFF!

I'm surprised to read other reviewers saying that it stings or burns, because the one in the green bottle does not. It might as well be plain water since I feel nothing when it gets in my eyes. And yet, it removes everything. It's super at removing waterproof mascara and stubborn eyeliner, you just need a couple of extra swipes instead of just one or two if you are wearing washable mascara.

I got it on clearance at CVS so it was less than $2 a bottle and I made sure to buy out the store once I knew I had a winner. (Six bottles and I'm down to 4 now.) Once I'm done with my stockpile I will be rebuying where ever I find it, even if that means evil-bay.

I think the only negative is that it would be very easy to knock over the bottle and spill it all over the place, it would be nice if it came in a squirt type bottle instead.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by May_Bee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It burns! I don't have a problem if I just dip a cotton bud in it and use it to correct smudges around the eye, but if I soak a pad in it and hold it over my eye to remove mascara and eyeshadow, and even a tiny drop gets in the eye, I will end up with a sore red eye. This is not a problem I have had with any other brand, and I am surprised that L'Oreal can't do better than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lydiaxaidyl

I used this product a couple of years ago when I wore makeup more often. It effectively removed my eye liner. To be honest, I'm not sure if it did leave a greasy residue, but I don't ever remember being bothered after using it. I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you wash your face after. If I were not using a cleansing oil I'd probably buy this as I'm not fond of using a regular cleanser to remove eye makeup. After all, excessive tugging of the eye area can lead to pre-mature aging of the skin :D