Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

on 6/25/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have sensitive, blemish-prone skin with red marks and hyperpigmentation. I don't like wearing a lot of base makeup (foundation, bb cream, tinted moisturiser), because I prefer my skin to breathe and do its own thing - it makes my skin look better in the long run. At the same time I've never really got on well with wearing sunscreen on my face but I do need it in Summer!

This product is excellent for all of my skin requirements - its green tinted, so evens out my skin tone and corrects redness and just makes me look more polished without needing foundation. It has spf 15 which is great - and it hasn't broken me out despite having spf, which is really great.

Like all Clinique's packaging, it's very chic-looking in a lovely slim pale green tube. It costs £16 for 40ml, which is expensive. However it lasts 2 years after opening, and I only need a small amount to cover my whole face. I only need spf in Summer where I live, so I will only be purchasing one a year at most. It moisturises, protects against the elements, gives spf, and corrects skin tone - a great multi-functional product and one I will repurchase. Would love to find a cheaper alternative, but I haven't seen any drugstore equivalent so far.

on 4/3/2013 12:32:00 AM

Kind of a meh product ; think it irritated my sensitive skin and did nothing to reduce the inflammation

on 1/12/2013 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I was so sad that this one did not work for me, I have rosacea and thought this would be a good primer but It broke me out...3 time in the same spot, now I have an ugly scar next to my face. At the beginning I thought it was something else but as soon as I stopped using this my face came back to normal.

I was recently diagnosed with mild rosacea and was looking for a product line that would help and not irritate my skin. I have been so impressed with the whole Clinique Redness Solutions line. I love this primer. You only need a little and I find it has really helped reduce the redness on my cheeks. My skin feels softer and healthier than it has been in years!

on 11/7/2012 9:34:00 AM

I did not like this product at all! It did cover up some of the redness I have around my nose area, but it never set. This resulted in: 1) most of the product (and thus, also the coverage) vanished when I applied my foundation; 2) my foundation couldn't set as it should either, leading to very visible scratch marks on my face whenever I touched it. Also, it irritated my skin. In other words, completely wasted money!

on 11/1/2012 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this little green primer/sunscreen product. It can be worn under foundation, alone or for days in the sun I use this as part of my 3 step skin care and then use City Block 25 SPF, to get sun protection with a light tint for that natural look. Can't go wrong with this line. I have Rosacea(mild) and by taking the time to let this line of products correct my dry irritated skin, I have become a very happy customer,as I have been trying so many products that made my skin worse and now I have found something that actually changed the appearence of my skin and got rid of all the dry flakes I have had for years!

on 6/18/2012 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So I gave into the hype of Redness Solutions and purchased 3 full size products. This being one of them. I do have mild redness issues and was hoping this would be my new primer. However, this one really did not work well for me. It is more like a concealer for redness than a primer. That being said, Physicians Formula: Conceal RX in soft green is a much better concealer and even at full price (around $9) is still less than half of the retail price. I will stick with the PF for now.

I really wanted this to cover up some of my rosacean redness but it doesn't. I keep trying it under different foundations (CG Simply Ageless, BE, Clinique...) and it never gives enough coverage to justify the price tag. As well, it makes my face oddly shiny wherever I've used it. I'm afraid this is a loser. I'm glad it works for some people but it did not work for me. Surprisingly, I get better coverage buffing in a bunch of BE Bisque under my foundation.

HTH!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Just because its green doesn't mean it has to smell like pickles!

on 4/3/2012 8:44:00 PM

I love this product! I put it on and it instantly reduces redness. I use it under my bare essentials mineral foundation, and this works as a MUCH better primer than the one in the bare essentials line. It has SPF, so that is nice. Only complaint- the price. if i can afford to repurchase, i will.