August 1, 2014 | 1680 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ashleylaurenxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was recently diagnosed with mild rosacea and was looking for a product line that would help and not irritate my skin. I have been so impressed with the whole Clinique Redness Solutions line. I love this primer. You only need a little and I find it has really helped reduce the redness on my cheeks. My skin feels softer and healthier than it has been in years!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by ZSM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this product at all! It did cover up some of the redness I have around my nose area, but it never set. This resulted in: 1) most of the product (and thus, also the coverage) vanished when I applied my foundation; 2) my foundation couldn't set as it should either, leading to very visible scratch marks on my face whenever I touched it. Also, it irritated my skin. In other words, completely wasted money!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Rosallie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this little green primer/sunscreen product. It can be worn under foundation, alone or for days in the sun I use this as part of my 3 step skin care and then use City Block 25 SPF, to get sun protection with a light tint for that natural look. Can't go wrong with this line. I have Rosacea(mild) and by taking the time to let this line of products correct my dry irritated skin, I have become a very happy customer,as I have been trying so many products that made my skin worse and now I have found something that actually changed the appearence of my skin and got rid of all the dry flakes I have had for years!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I gave into the hype of Redness Solutions and purchased 3 full size products. This being one of them. I do have mild redness issues and was hoping this would be my new primer. However, this one really did not work well for me. It is more like a concealer for redness than a primer. That being said, Physicians Formula: Conceal RX in soft green is a much better concealer and even at full price (around $9) is still less than half of the retail price. I will stick with the PF for now.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Tarheeloutwest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted this to cover up some of my rosacean redness but it doesn't. I keep trying it under different foundations (CG Simply Ageless, BE, Clinique...) and it never gives enough coverage to justify the price tag. As well, it makes my face oddly shiny wherever I've used it. I'm afraid this is a loser. I'm glad it works for some people but it did not work for me. Surprisingly, I get better coverage buffing in a bunch of BE Bisque under my foundation.

HTH!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by frankenstain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just because its green doesn't mean it has to smell like pickles!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by avellemon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I put it on and it instantly reduces redness. I use it under my bare essentials mineral foundation, and this works as a MUCH better primer than the one in the bare essentials line. It has SPF, so that is nice. Only complaint- the price. if i can afford to repurchase, i will.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by UTdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm having some pregnancy-induced redness around my nose and chin, so I thought I'd give this a try. Since I'm covering a relatively small area, a tiny dab goes a long way and blends nicely underneath my foundation (BE Fair). This product doesn't give as much slip as the dimethicone-based primer that I usually use, but my foundation still goes on relatively smoothly.

I like that I can use a tiny bit of this in a targeted area without having to use a concealer, since concealer tends to look cakey when I put it on in this area.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by chRowan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This primer/ corrector product goes on smoothly. It has a green tint to it, which is good for correcting red spots on the face, but not so good for applying all over the face as it will leave a strange greenish-pale cast to the skin. It is fragrance-free. My main complaint is that the SPF of 15 is too low for rosacea-prone skin, so another higher SPF product must be used also.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by daisybu

When the SA swatched it on me, It didnt seem too bad, so I bought it as I wanted a 'primer' that can conceal my redness and has SPF.

This contains SPF 15. It does seem a little greasy so you have to be careful from putting too much on. It does conceal the redness but not all of it, which is good because I have tried other colour correctors and they do cover my redness but it makes me look way too green.

After applying foundation, I do look a little more lighter than before but I think its the SPF. I am sort of wanting to 'brighten' my skin so I don't mind this.

Down sides to this is that it can be a pain to apply, cus its sooo hard to blend, its quite thick. Also the smell of this product is awful! I never noticed it before purchasing but once i got home I noticed the smell.

Packaging was simple, nothing special. Price wasn' too bad, but i would not repurchase this product. I am still on the look out for a good colour corrector with SPF.