October 24, 2014 | 1271 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Total Effects 7-in-1 Mature Skin Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS:
- has cell-communicating ingredients, antioxidants
- moisturizing, not heavy
- small amount needed (pea-sized)
- price is good, $28 CDN for 50ml at Wal-Mart
- no dimethicone/silicones, which break me out every time
- has excellent reviews on Beautypedia.com, an objective-scientific reviewer of beauty products.
- sanitary pump packaging

CONS:
- the fragrance

* the fragrance almost deters me from this. I use this when my skin isn't feeling especially sensitive. It has coconut oil, which is impressive because oils usually break me out. Overall, I can use this year long, and use it almost everyday in the winter. I hope Olay smartens up and makes a fragrance-free edition.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another failure in my quest to replace lifelong expensive skincare with drugstore brands: once again, a very nice product in every way except fort the super-strong cheap perfumey smell. I had to return it.

A message for Olay: fragrance-free equals added value for us boomers who grew up on Clinique and Prescriptives. Our demographic is alive and kicking, and spending!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great face cream with lots of antioxidants. My skin is smoother, tone has improved, no breakouts and my makeup goes on smoothly over top.
This makes a fantastic night cream! My skin has never looked so good in the morning. It doesn't clog pores, my skin doesn't get greasy and it looks so healthy, radiant and not blotchy at all in the morning. Also my fine lines are almost non existant!
I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by AutumnBliss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best drug store anti-aging product I have used. My skin has improved in tone, and seems more taunt. Lines are less apparent on my forehead. I don't care for the fragrance in this, but I can tolerate it for the results I am getting from this product. I will repurchase. I have used this for 3 wks. and loving it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by chispa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mind is blown.

I tried this product after reading about the benefits on niacinamide on the message boards and elsewhere. There were some expensive creams and serums that I found on the web, but I got this product as an impulse buy when I saw it on sale when I was out doing some marketing. Yes, I got this HG product at the supermarket.

My reckless youth - when we not only scorned sunscreen but tried to be as tanned as possible - is coming back to haunt me now. I'm lucky it's not worse. I'm seeing a lot of discoloration everywhere. I am amazed at how well this product has worked at fading the damage. I'm going to let a photo speak for me...

(I hope that shows up. If not go to my profile and the photo is there.)

What that shows is my hand and wrist that I've been massaging the last of the Total Effects 7-In-1 Anti-Aging Mature Skin Therapy into after I've applied the bulk of it to my face, neck and chest area. My hands were beginning to embarrass me because the sun/aging-spots were getting so bad. You can see the huge difference between my hand and wrist and the condition of the skin on my forearm. They used to be quite similar looking! Really mottled. Tons of age spots and sun damage. Now - after just a couple months - there are just a few stubborn "freckles". Needless to say - I've purchased the Total Effects body lotion now too and I'm hoping that it will have the same results.

People have complained about the scent. I'm very sensitive to scents (as you'll see by some of my previous posts) but either Olay has toned it down in response to customer feedback or the previous reviewers have even more extraordinary sensitivity than I do. And it can't be that obnoxious because although I usually don't do my whole beauty routine when my boyfriend is around, one night he came over unexpectedly after I'd applied the Total Effects and as we were going to sleep he commented that he liked the "rosey" smell of whatever I had on.

Another complaint is packaging. I am SO into this stuff that I want to use every drop. Because of that I've pried off the container top to make sure there's no more left. I've stopped doing this because the dispenser is so efficient that I've never found even that single drop in the container.

Finally, as to bumps, redness and other reactions - I don't discount that it happens to people. In that case, this is a product that, unfortunately, does not agree with them. I get red, watery, itchy eyes when I'm around cats. I don't blame the cat. It's just that my body doesn't do well with dander. I DO think that you can overdo it with niacinamide and that slathering it on instead of using a moderate amount could be a problem. I use one-three pumps (each bottle seems slightly different as to the amount dispensed per pump) and find that amount generously covers my face neck and entire chest with some left to massage into my hands. So if you have a reaction - before you give up, try it again with a little less product.

I would not call this stuff super-cheap - especially because I seem to go through it so fast. But, even with that said, it's sure a lot less expensive than the other niacinamide products that I found by surfing the web.

Even my sister who is an esthetician and a product snob is impressed. Or, as she put it after seeing the photo I posted here, "Sold!"

continued >>

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by tigerave

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the ingredients in this moisturizer. It has skin-identical ingredients and lots of antioxidants. An earlier reviewer said that the niacinamide made her get bumps and sores, but she also said that she regularly usually used Regenerist serum. All Regenerist and Total Effects moisturizers have niacinamide in them. It is the Olay trademark ingredient, and a very effective skin care product. Niacin and niacinamide are not the same thing, so they would not produce the same effects. If she were allergic to it, her use of other Olay products should have brought that to light already, so maybe it was something else in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Rose50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the last couple of years tried avon anti aging skin was dry and no glow or cushion hormonal changes ! I tried the 7 Total effects for mature skin, it really works well I can wear it morning or night , not too heavy at all for day wear and just perfect for night. I do not have many wrinkles at all but for the most part was just the cushion of skin drab/dry looking but even the little wrinkles if any disappeared. I am also using the eye transforming and it is very good. I am usually allergic to many products including clinique go figure but this one not at all. I did find when applying first couple of days i broke out but it soon left , I think it was just the cream working itself and repairing my skin as I have not had blemish since those 2 days and been putting it on daily for 2 weeks now. So yes recommended now will try the night firming cream :)

hope this helps

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by cmom

I really wanted to like this product and the first 2 days of use it seemed fine. Before purchasing this, I had been using Regenerist serum fragrance-free throughout the summer but wanted something more hydrating for the winter months. On the third morning, I woke up to find my faceand eyes heavily swollen, extremely red, itchy, super dry yet covered in small fluid filled hives. It has yet to subside 2 days later, despite taking Atarax, a powerful anti-histamine. I have not applied any creams, except for Aquaphor healing ointment at night, to soothe but ut is too shiny and sticky for daytime. Cortisone cream is not recommended for all over facial use. So, I must wait it out. I have heard and seen a "niacin flush" but apparently it is possible to be allergic to Niacin and Niacinamide. I will be more careful in future to read the ingredients, I normally am. I had read this product was highly recommended. I would suggest a test patch trial to anyone who experiences allergies. You certainly don't want the painful, itchy and embarrassing mess that I am going through (and I am in the midst of trying to find a job asap :() If I wasn't allergic, I would recommend this product. Nice consistency, non-greasy, excellent cell-communicating ingredients, stable packaging and effective hydration. Hope you have luck with it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by christyd2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For a long time I used products like Olay beauty lotion & Neutrogena, etc. during the day, night cream every night, and exfoliated often. They helped take my VERY dry skin to just somewhat dry skin & figured there was not much I could do. Then a year ago someone gave me some awesome moisturizers from Dior. I couldn't believe how soft my face felt!

A few months ago I was running out of Dior & needed to find a budget-friendly option to get similar results. Then thanks to reviews, I tried Olay 7 Effects Day Moisturizer for Mature Skin. I've been SO impressed.

It's thick enough to moisturize well, but light enough to wear during the day. Also, it has a very pleasant scent (not the "old lady" scent of most Olay night creams), but the fragrance might be too strong for those with allergies or sensitive skin. And it moisturizes my skin so well, I've been able to switch to a milder exfoliant & drop it down to once a week or week and a half.

So if you are young or older with very dry skin (and not bothered by fragrances), I'd totally recommend trying this. For even better results (and you aren't prone to much acne), pair it with their 7 Effects Creamy cleanser or another brand of non-drying cleanser. This moisturizer is awesome, especially considering the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this line since many people seem to be using it.
The product is concentrated and 1 pump is too much product for me, so I can use less which was a nice surprise. It has a slight mica sheen which I think is good for my skin. Since I have combo skin I don't use it on my T zone in the warmer weather. A very dry skin may not find this moisturizing enough. Overall I like this and plan to buy again.