September 20, 2014 | 1226 users online

Toners - Rosewater

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by JessieAnneH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely my favorite product. It soothes my skin while giving it a nice glow! It also helps with my skin when ever it gets irritated, dry, or even a blemish. When i am stressed, or tired through out the day i just mist it over my face, and i feel cooled and calm. It is good for refreshing, and hydrating the skin! I have oily based skin and it doesn't make it more oily.

Overall, i recommend this product. It is perfectly healthy for the skin, while being rejuvenating! Love it!

For over a year now i have been starting to use more healthy, non-fragrance, and non-toxic facial routine. And this mist is a big part of it.

Remember your skin soaks in 60% of what you put on it, make sure that ingredients are good for you!

I wish every one the best for their skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Calciium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm happy to say that my search for the perfect toner has finally come to an end.

I have quite oily skin, and this seems to help control it, but also adds moisture which is much needed! It smells lovely, it's very affordable, and can be used around the eye area without any issues.

One of the main reasons why I like it, is that it is technically a food item, so I feel fine rubbing it all over my face, especially in the eye area. In the morning if my eyes are very tired feeling I soak 2 cotton pads in rosewater and place them on top of my eyes for a few minutes. It's incredibly soothing, and seems to calm down any puffiness in that area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ooo, I love this Rose water too! It was a bit hard to find, but I use it all the time & I love it! I also use Witch Hazel as a Toner too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought myself Heritage rosewater about three months ago to use as a facial toner, as I have in the past read of the tip from several celebrities. Supposedly, whenever they travel, they go to the local pharmacy and get rosewater. I followed the advice, but at CVS or Walgreens, the rosewater they sell (I had to order) is simply fragrance, so it has no skin benefits... I found Heritage at a local co-op, and am very happy with it. I have normal skin, and it serves me wonderfully as an ultra-light moisturizer. I use it after shower on my face, before I get to apply the coconut oil, and on my chest, when I am stressed out, have rash, and oil is too much. I also apply rosewater on my face in the morning, and it keeps my skin hydrated before I put on makeup. Rosewater works better for me than an alcohol-free hydrating witch hazel toner, as the latter makes my skin reddish. Rosewater, on the other hand, is very mild and does not induce any redness at all. The scent is very light and fleeting, and at $7 for 8 oz bottle of all natural wonder, it is worth the price. I will certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought heritage brand rosewater about three weeks ago. I've been using it as a refreshing spray under and over makeup and also as a body spray.The scent is wonderful!! It however doesn't last long at all. I know its not meant to be a perfume though. I tend to pick it up and mist myself often just to smell it again! I do feel like I get really shiny after using this over makeup so if you have oily skin watch out for that. I will always buy this because of its simple ingredients, multiple uses and the beautiful scent of roses. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've used this for years and I will keep using it forever! Very refreshing to mist your face when you get home has a wonderful light rose smell and never leaves my face feeling sticky only cool and soothed.

Here's a little trick I do, ill use this to thin out a moisturizer if i bought one that's too thick for my skin and its always worked well for that too

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by whenuwakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*****Brands I tried
-alteya, heritage, cortas, clic

*****price
Alteya($23/300ml)
Heritage($7/240ml)
Cortas($7/300ml or $4/300ml at some places if you buy bulk)
Clic($3/300ml)

*****Scent
-alteya: sweet, strong honey, dried rose
-heritage: light, fresh rose scent
-cortas: like clic but less of the negative qualities and much sweeter and much more floral
-clic: definitely fresh rose but smells harsh and "fishy"/"watery"

My complexion looks brighte & glowy, some small but stubborn acne disappeared!

I think it is quite moisturizing that I do not need extra moisturizer if used as facial mask. I have oily skin. I just drench the dry mask sheet and leave it on my face for 15 minutes or longer. I spray the rosewater over the mask a few times within that 15 minutes.

I also use it in my hair as leave in conditioner. I cannot comment how well it works as a conditioner but it leaves my hair smelling rosy... The scent lasts for a long time. I mix orange blossom water or Thayer's rose toner with the rosewater to improve the scent.

I cannot tell if one brand is better than others in terms of effectiveness. However alteya is my favorite in terms of scent.

I will continue to buy cortas(cheap) and alteya(organic, smells very good).

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use MUFE Mist and Fix to spray over my mineral powder foundation. A wonderful MUA member suggested using rosewater as a less expensive alternative. I bought a 4 oz. bottle of organic rosewater for $16 (for comparison, a 4.22 oz bottle of Mist and Fix is $29). I actually like the results of the rosewater better. The rosewater isn't as sticky. It also has a nice fragrance. The fragrance does fade pretty quickly though. Each time that I've used the rosewater over the mineral foundation, I've received a compliment on my skin. It kind of glows, without looking oily. I never expected such amazing results. A little goes a long way. You just need a few spritzes over your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by lalaiamcool

It's summer and I'm out of school, and I really wanted to get my skin back in shape from stress, eating badly, and sleeping late. I tried all sorts of things, new moisturizers, toners, masks, serums, but all that money down the drain my skin still did not look better. It was still full of hyperpigmentation and dull, and my face averaged 3-4 pimples a week, some of them actually cystic, which was very bizarre since I've never gotten a cystic pimple in my life. I really was beginning to lose hope. So I decided to ditch these products, and try home/DIY remedies. The first was apple cider vinegar, but I couldn't stand the smell despite whatever miracle claims it promised. Many DIY trial and errors later, I stumbled upon rose water, and decided to research it extensively. I stopped by CVS one day to stock up on things, and came across an inexpensive bottle of "rosewater and glycerin", by a brand called De la Cruz. I was very hesitant to try it, because it did have preservatives, and I was wanting to buy an organic, preservative free rose water to use. Nevertheless, I tested it out it out on my hands, and loved how moisturizing it was, and of course you can't not love the smell of roses.

I bought it anyway, thinking that if it didn't work on my face, I would just use it for my body. Needless to say, I'm extremely happy that I've had results similar to many who reviewed this prior to my review. About 1 and a half months in, my skin is supple, smooth, less clogged, and coupled with not wearing makeup daily, it's looked better than it has in months! My face now averages about 1 or 2 pimples every 2-3 weeks, and they are not cystic and very small, and with calamine lotion they dry out and go away with minimal scarring in a couple of days. My scarring is fading day after day, and I truly believe by the time I start school again in September I will have achieved what I sought out to do in the beginning of summer: healthy-looking skin!

Here's my skincare routine if any are interested.

Morning:
Dickinson's witch hazel toner
Spritz of rosewater&glycerin diluted with water (about 1:10 ratio)
Garnier's refreshing gel cream moisturizer

Night:
After thoroughly removing makeup (if I'm wearing any) and cleansing properly:
Equal parts rosewater&glycerin and lemon juice (put in a spray bottle for easy application). Approximately 4-5 spritzes closer to my face does the trick of moisturizing my face.
***In my experience, the rosewater/glycerin counteracts the harshness of the lemon juice a little bit, but you will feel tingling or itchiness the first few minutes before it dries, but it's nothing that I couldn't deal with. The first week I tried this concoction, I did have some breakouts, probably due my skin adjusting to the lemon juice, but it's been smooth sailing afterwards!***

-Avocado oil for my eyes, neck, chest, and hands.

Now I'm wondering about what to do with the plethora of products sitting idly on my bathroom counter...

06/2014
It's been nearly a year since I've done this review, but I thought I'd do an update since this rosewater is now my holy grail beauty product. I now no longer use the De La Cruz brand for my face (I use it for my body). I was worried about the preservatives in the brand, and so I bought pure rose water from eBay and made my own concoction with a tiny bit of avocado oil and about 2 tsp of vegetable glycerin---and it's even better!

I still highly recommend rose water products of any kind to everyone.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Reemyn

I bought organic (so the rose petals come from biodynamic agriculture) PURE (no synthetic fragrance, preservatives whatsoever) rose water. I love it!

I usually use this as a calming facial toner/mist, it has a lovely flowery-fruity smell, and it is really good for keeping my pores clean. I use it after I cleanse my face with coconut oil. This method is my own little ritual, and helped me a lot. I tried some crazy expensive HE facial / flower mists (Tata Harper, John Masters etc) and I have to say the real, pure stuff is the winner.

If you're too lazy to read my review, there you go, a few words why you should try it:
- calming, balancing, smoothing properties
- lovely smell
- antibacterial
- really soothing, I feel less stressed after application

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No