Nioxin Scalp Therapy

3.8

on 5/13/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I finished the entire starter set and handfuls of hair fall out in the shower. My hair used to be so thick and heavy I would get a headache if I put it up in a pony tail, ever since using this I find myself putting my hair up in all kinds of buns and its so much lighter. The thickness of my ponytail is literally half what it used to be.

I've changed nothing except for this shampoo. I cannot believe my thick long hair is gone. This stuff is not good for everyone, it has very harsh detergents. I used it based on a bloggers recommendation. I didn't have thin hair to begin with so I guess I just didn't need it.

What a disaster I wish someone had warned me :( back to el cheapo shampoo and let my hair grow back hopefully.

on 3/13/2013 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this is recommended to chemo patients as their hair starts to grow back after treatment to strenthen the hair follicles

Con: minty smell
Pros: It works

on 2/9/2013 5:34:00 PM

Does it work? Yes.
Is it spendy? Absolutely.
Is the quart thing the best value? Probably.
But this is the thing. its winter. I am bored of it! I have used it exclusively for 6 months and I am bored. The mint scent is invigorating, but as my husband says, "What IS that smell?" Its strong, no doubt. I would offer the shampoo is pretty basic, and the shampoo claims to remove the hormonal 'attack' on thinning hair. I think a clarifying shampoo would do the same, but I prefer creamier consistencies, due to color treating my medium length hair. The Scalp Therapy Conditioner however, is worth every cent. I use a dollop every inch of the scalp and absolutely no build up, but increased volume. I use other salon brand conditioners on my ends, but the Scalp Therapy tingles with menthol/mint, helps me reduce or cease my shedding and controls any kind of itching as a bonus. Love it!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Does it work? Yes. Where can you buy it? I buy mine at Amazon.com but I've heard Wal-Mart has it as well.

I worked in a salon and I was thinning. I thought "No way can a shampoo regrow my hair." I was thinning so much during beauty school that it became embarrassing. If I hadn't had free license to try anything in the salon I worked, I probably would have never shelled out the cash for Nioxin System 3. But after 6 weeks, I noticed some fullness and baby hairs. After 3 months, it was a considerable difference. It has been about 3 years and I will always use Nioxin.

Pros: It does work (on me at least), the scalp therapy (conditioner) is pretty good stuff and I need a good conditioner, I can part my hair anyway I choose now and I no longer even need volumizing products.

Cons: I can never stop using it. Ever. It does not smell of Candy like other products I envy or admire. It is kind of expensive but my goodness it is worth it.

Now my Mother and Brother-in-law have been using Nioxin and I hear good things from them.

on 8/1/2012 11:05:00 AM

I bought the three step system (shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatement)

my hair is very long and platinum blonde. It's weak because of bleaching, and falls out and breaks off. Also, the very top layer of my hair is only 5 inches long because it got burnt off with a too-hot curling iron. the ends were just terrible, I tried many conditioners/creams/oils to tame them.
This stuff really gave my hair a nice, smooth texture. the conditioner felt like an emollient when I put it on. It was very light. After rinsing it off my hair was over 50% less tangeled, and the burnt off ends finally looked better and blended in. I leave my hair to dry naturally, and it dried a lot faster than ever before. My hair was light and felt a lot healthier. The scent smelled and felt very refreshing.
I can see how others may get irritated with this stuff, as the mint gave me a strong cooling sensation on my scalp, and my scalp is very used to being abused with bleach.

I really love the results, I can see and feel a dramatic difference.
Definately worth a try. I got my 3 step system in the small size at Marshall's for $10, look for it there.

on 6/3/2012 10:09:00 AM

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now and it's pretty good so far but too soon to comment much on whether it helps with hair growth. Just wanted to check if any other users had any flakes/dandruff issues after using Nioxin Shampoo & Scalp therapy from System 1? Let me know!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my girlfriends put me onto Nioxin in 2009 and I've been using system 7 shampoo and conditioner every since. Going natural and using Nioxin was the best thing I have ever done for my hair, since then my hair has thickened up and grew very long. When I stopped using Nioxin for a few months, my hair didnt grow much BUT, once I started using it again, my hair have been growing like wildflower and this is the healthiest my hair has been in years. I also use the Follicle Booster for my bald edges a few years back and my edges filled in within a month and never even looked like they were bald. The products are expensive BUT, they are worth it and I have put a few other people onto this line and their bald spots filled in as well I will use this product until it either discontinues OR I leave this earth.

on 2/17/2012 9:55:00 PM

I've been using this and the shampoo for years, but the last time I bought it I noticed they changed the formula. It used to be super thick and wonderful. Now it's runny and leaves so much to be desired. It doesn't get all the tangles out. Hands down the worst conditioner I've ever used. Dh doesn't like the formula either. It still smells nice and minty, I guess that's nice. I won't be buying this again.

on 10/5/2011 8:12:00 AM

I have used this NIOXIN system twice in the last two years. Didn't want to slate it without trying properly. I used the cleanser, scalp therapy and scalp treatment both times. It has not helped my hair grow back. For a while it did howevor lessen the amount of hair falling. My misses has used the full system for years and it works for her, she has put her own review up for that. It is a shame I don't get the same results. It seems to be a hit and miss. I dont think its for me so I will not be trying again anytime soon.

on 9/22/2011 9:26:00 PM

My hair has always been thin. My hair stylist talked me into the 3 part Nioxin system including this. To me the tingling sensation just means SCALP IRRITATION which is not good. This product actually contributed to more hair loss from breakage when combing as it is such a poor detangler and does not moisturize the hair at all. I have to use another conditioner with it. I will be happy when this stuff is gone and will never try it again. I had tried it about 12 years ago, didn't like it, but though maybe it had improved. silly me!