November 24, 2014 | 1767 users online

Conditioner - Nioxin - Scalp Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by OpusArmstrong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Does it work? Yes. Where can you buy it? I buy mine at Amazon.com but I've heard Wal-Mart has it as well.

I worked in a salon and I was thinning. I thought "No way can a shampoo regrow my hair." I was thinning so much during beauty school that it became embarrassing. If I hadn't had free license to try anything in the salon I worked, I probably would have never shelled out the cash for Nioxin System 3. But after 6 weeks, I noticed some fullness and baby hairs. After 3 months, it was a considerable difference. It has been about 3 years and I will always use Nioxin.

Pros: It does work (on me at least), the scalp therapy (conditioner) is pretty good stuff and I need a good conditioner, I can part my hair anyway I choose now and I no longer even need volumizing products.

Cons: I can never stop using it. Ever. It does not smell of Candy like other products I envy or admire. It is kind of expensive but my goodness it is worth it.

Now my Mother and Brother-in-law have been using Nioxin and I hear good things from them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the three step system (shampoo, conditioner, scalp treatement)

my hair is very long and platinum blonde. It's weak because of bleaching, and falls out and breaks off. Also, the very top layer of my hair is only 5 inches long because it got burnt off with a too-hot curling iron. the ends were just terrible, I tried many conditioners/creams/oils to tame them.
This stuff really gave my hair a nice, smooth texture. the conditioner felt like an emollient when I put it on. It was very light. After rinsing it off my hair was over 50% less tangeled, and the burnt off ends finally looked better and blended in. I leave my hair to dry naturally, and it dried a lot faster than ever before. My hair was light and felt a lot healthier. The scent smelled and felt very refreshing.
I can see how others may get irritated with this stuff, as the mint gave me a strong cooling sensation on my scalp, and my scalp is very used to being abused with bleach.

I really love the results, I can see and feel a dramatic difference.
Definately worth a try. I got my 3 step system in the small size at Marshall's for $10, look for it there.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by kimmykim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now and it's pretty good so far but too soon to comment much on whether it helps with hair growth. Just wanted to check if any other users had any flakes/dandruff issues after using Nioxin Shampoo & Scalp therapy from System 1? Let me know!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by DrTierraFierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my girlfriends put me onto Nioxin in 2009 and I've been using system 7 shampoo and conditioner every since. Going natural and using Nioxin was the best thing I have ever done for my hair, since then my hair has thickened up and grew very long. When I stopped using Nioxin for a few months, my hair didnt grow much BUT, once I started using it again, my hair have been growing like wildflower and this is the healthiest my hair has been in years. I also use the Follicle Booster for my bald edges a few years back and my edges filled in within a month and never even looked like they were bald. The products are expensive BUT, they are worth it and I have put a few other people onto this line and their bald spots filled in as well I will use this product until it either discontinues OR I leave this earth.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by iconoclast

I've been using this and the shampoo for years, but the last time I bought it I noticed they changed the formula. It used to be super thick and wonderful. Now it's runny and leaves so much to be desired. It doesn't get all the tangles out. Hands down the worst conditioner I've ever used. Dh doesn't like the formula either. It still smells nice and minty, I guess that's nice. I won't be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by RICHARDMUA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this NIOXIN system twice in the last two years. Didn't want to slate it without trying properly. I used the cleanser, scalp therapy and scalp treatment both times. It has not helped my hair grow back. For a while it did howevor lessen the amount of hair falling. My misses has used the full system for years and it works for her, she has put her own review up for that. It is a shame I don't get the same results. It seems to be a hit and miss. I dont think its for me so I will not be trying again anytime soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by maren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair has always been thin. My hair stylist talked me into the 3 part Nioxin system including this. To me the tingling sensation just means SCALP IRRITATION which is not good. This product actually contributed to more hair loss from breakage when combing as it is such a poor detangler and does not moisturize the hair at all. I have to use another conditioner with it. I will be happy when this stuff is gone and will never try it again. I had tried it about 12 years ago, didn't like it, but though maybe it had improved. silly me!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by emilyannh

I really, really like the Nioxin cleanser and scalp therapy. I have fine hair and it tends to shed when I get stressed or hormonal. My mother is a hair dresser and she would always keep this in the house, but the salon she works at started carrying Bosley instead so we started using that. My hair just completely changed on that stuff. It was constantly getting tangled and my scalp was producing so much oil. Recently, I came off of birth control and my hair started shedding horribly. I switched back to Nioxin and I am so glad I did. My hair looks healthy and shiny and looks so much thicker. The shedding has stopped and at bedtime last night my bangs still weren't oily. Definitely never switching again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best shampoos/conditioners I have ever had. I started to use them together when I had a huge hair loss und was desperate of loosing my hair, even if I sow that lot sof new hair was growing back. I used them both diligently for one month but my huge hair loss didn’t stopped. I knew that a seasonal hair loss can occur once a year for few weeks but if it lasts longer than one month it can be caused by a lack of some important minerals and vitamins, or by a dysfunction of the thyroid or hormonal issues in general. But this was not my case. Finally I read on an Italian trichologist website that it can be caused also from an allergic reaction to something or from a strong emotional event happened 3-4 months before the shedding started (loss, move, stress, birth, wedding…). In this case it is called Effluvium Telogen and can be cured with local use of hydrocortisone butyrate, prescription by a dermatologist, 3 times a week for few weeks. I did it and the hair loss stopped.
But apart from the problem with the hair loss I find the cosmetic effectiveness of this combo better than every other expensive product I have ever tried, and I have tried a lot. Especially the shampoo makes my hair smooth, soft, full like nothing else and sometimes it seems to be enough alone without any conditioner. It has a very low amount of SLS, just the amount to clean the follicles from any kind of dirt & sebum and ensure the penetration of the substances in it, then it is loaded with lots of nurturing substances, good for the growth of hair, and lots of amino acids that make the shaft lustrous and moist. I also really like the smell. You can buy it online for very convenient prices i.e. on Strawberrynet. I use the shampoo of system 6, even if my hair is processed, because I don’t want to load my hair with silicones already when cleaning, but for the conditioner the system 7 or 8 is better, as they are designed to smooth dry, processed hair.
My advice: if you want effective results against hair loss without wasting money, check first your life style and diet of the last 6 months, let check your blood/hormones, collect and observe the hair you loose (length, growth stage, is the bulb still attached?) and most of all, go to a good hair dermatologist.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by maddythomas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in two minds about this product, firstly I DO think it has helped my hair to grow (im going to review the whole system 5!) and also helped it to thicken up, HOWEVER either the cleanser or scalp activating treatment is causing major skin irritation and redness, which is said to be expected but really makes you wonder how safe/healthy the products are for your hair. Overall I think it's not really worth spending the mega-bucks buying into the Nioxin line because I'm fairly confident the same results could be achieved with castor oil and biotin! :)