April 24, 2014 | 1967 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No 5 Eau Premiere

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

lemme start off by saying is not for the girl with fantasy and pink sugar and viva la juicy in their perfume collection you might want to steer clear as this is more of a mature sent, however i don't think granny when i smell this (like i do with white diamonds). which is what i was afraid of, however i do think, classy, sophisticated, clean but yet warm and musky and a touch of glamour. I really like it myself. i find that it lasts pretty long and can be a bit strong at first spray but the dry down is lovely. I've never sampled the original but a lot of people say its a way weaker version, I however find it pretty strong and cant even stray it on my chest because its really overwhelming, so i stick to wrists and behind the ears. anyway i like it, and I'll probably be buying a larger size after i save up a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this for my mom during my spore trip this weekend and i tried it myself. smells really good. softer than the original version. i like it but not my signature scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by tstgirl

love this scent. surprisingly my husband and my son likes it but my daughter doesn't. the guys say its a lovely floral scent while my daughter thinks its grandma scent. i however think its more of a sophisticated powdery scent. most fragrance changes on me, this one does not. it last a decent amount of time. lovely the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chanel is my favorite fragrance house hands down. I love the original Number 5 and I'm so happy that Chanel did a beautiful job updating this fragrance in Eau Premiere. The whole thing from top note to drydown is gorgeous. The initial opening of bergamot and lemon on my skin stay on throughout till the fragrance fades on me about 6 hours later. The jasmine and rose notes on this are so well done and perfect, not sharp or overly sweet and flowery, rather just keep everything clean and fresh. I thought inititally this would be perfect for me in summer and warmer weather. Surpringsingly, I love this and wear it more in winter. It felt to heavy and cloying in summer, but I have allergies and can get headaches from fragrances. In winter it becomes a fresh clean floral but still with a warmth that is perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had tried to wear the original 5 but it only seemed appropriate at work. I live a pretty casual life and the original No 5 just seemed to demand a better ambiance than that found at a beach or BBQ;-)
This incarnation is less uptight and we get along very well.The attributes that make the original great are still there but she has let her hair down a little. Love.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sarah4250

I sprayed this today from a tester, and have been wearing it for about 4 hours now. I immediately recognized it as a No. 5 (I am not a fan of the original), and although it is an interesting scent, it's not for me. It's very unique, and the smell has developed in an interesting way over the past several hours, but it's not something that agrees with my nose unfortunately. The smell is just too mature for my taste, and reminds me of my elderly aunt for some reason. I was hoping it would be a bit more "fresh" smelling based on these reviews.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always admired the original No.5 from afar. So beautiful, sharp, accomplished, but very aggressive. Then came in Eau Premiere. Just as beautiful and smart as No.5, but with the sweetness and approachability that her sister lacked. Where No.5 was often hard to interpret and needed to be pleased, Eau Premiere greets you with a smile and a hug and wants to make you feel happy and welcome! You can definitely tell the fragrances are related, but personality-wise, they are night and day!

Elegant yet light-hearted at the same time - and always so feminine is Eau Premiere. On first spritz, my eyes became wide-eyed at the same time the corners of my mouth became upturned - what a fresh and light surprise from Chanel - a beauty so different from the rest of the other Chanel sisters. Where the other sisters are chiseled and immaculately groomed, she is all rosy cheeked and cherubic with dimples - youthful and charming. This fragrance will work for women of any age who are young at heart;)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This perfume is the first "grown-up" perfume I fell in love with. I just got out of school and have always been on a budget so I've never had a chance to wear any high-end perfumes, especially since my mother was never so interested in fragrances, so there wasn't much to "borrow" from her, either. But I've always liked to smell nice! I used to really like the Pacifica French Lilac perfume, but Eau Premiere felt like a HUGE step in a more elegant direction for me. I know, it might not seem like much to write home about for a very particular connoisseur of perfumes, but I feel like if you're just starting to explore fragrances and like something classic and floral and light, then this is PERFECT. I actually first tried it as a sample I got in my Birchbox several months ago, and after I sprayed it on, I honestly felt more beautiful and elegant with it on. I mean, I had just gotten dressed and put my makeup on and felt pulled together, but the light touch of this perfume was just what I needed to step back from the mirror and feel beautiful. I also got like 3 guys' numbers that night, which hardly EVER happens to me. So I don't know WHAT this did but it was awesome and I immediately asked for this for my graduation present. I wear it all the time and it is the loveliest. I'm not as familiar with the original No. 5 and can't compare the two, but from what I understand, this is a variation that has a different vibe. I like how light and delicate it is, and while it doesn't last super long on my skin, a spritz or two once I notice it's fading refreshes it enough to last the rest of the day/night. I also think that, along with the fragrance itself being pretty, it also blends well with my particular skin chemistry. I even like it when I catch a whiff of it on my clothes randomly, it's one of those fragrances that is subtle enough to never be overpowering and to take a backseat sometimes, but then you notice it again just for a moment and think, "Oh, how pretty that is." That's how I like perfume to be, so this works perfectly for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by stayce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I guess I'm right in Chanel's target audience, because I would wear this over the traditional No. 5. I notice much less of the aldehydes (not a fan), much more citrus, rose and jasmine, and kind of a coca-cola note. But: I wouldn't buy it in that giant, expensive bottle. If Chanel ever decided to make this and No. 19 EDT in a one-ounce bottle I would snatch them up, but until then I think I may hold off.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a really pretty softer version of No. 5 but its a very weak concentration. You have to spray several times throughout the day to get any pay off and so seems like a waste of money for such an expensive product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No