Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere

4.3

on 12/6/2013 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a woman smell not a little girls. Much lighter, easier than the original 5. If No.5 scared you away, spray this, and try again.This is an absolutely gorgeous, glamorous, extravagant perfume. I would want to wear this primarily for fall/winter but its lighter, fresher, more floral than the original so you could also wear it all seasons . Or anytime to feel fancy!

on 9/27/2013 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

As summer turns into fall I look to a slightly heavier scent, I am so in love with this. I have the original Chanel 5, and it still says a more mature scent to me, and I'm one of those mature girls. I love the Eau Premiere, without a doubt it has become my signature "fall/winter" go to scent. So as fall becomes winter I'll settle back and enjoy.

on 9/22/2013 10:16:00 PM

This may perhaps be my favorite fragrance of all time. I've been looking for a signature fragrance for a while now, but nothing ever quite hit the spot for me. Being in my early 20's, I am frequently encouraged to try the fruity or overly sweet fragrances of more recent years, in addition to the celebrity additions. Recently my tastes have changed and I became more attracted to more sophisticated, classic scents, growing tired of my old gourmand orientals like Dior Hypnotic Poison and Hanae Mori. It dawned on me on my 21st birthday what kind of woman I wanted to be: classy, sophisticated, feminine, and yet strong. And thus began the search for my perfect scent.

The Chanel No. 5 woman always lurked in the back of my mind, but being so young I feared the fragrance would overpower me and wouldn't quite fit. Recently however, I tried the "Eau Premiere" and realized that it captured the heart of the No. 5 Eau de Toilette, but without the metallic, harsh opening. Instead I was instantly captivated by the soft, powdery floral that had no such harshness of the original. I am not one for writing about fragrance as I lack the sophisticated words to describe the notes, but all I can say is that this is perfect for a young woman that loves the glamour and elegance of yore, but wants a fragrance that is still rather transitional. Its classic but with a modern touch.

If I could give this perfume no stars, I would. I tried it after I read all the reviews, I wanted to find out what all the fuss is about: I still haven't found out. It smells like my grandmother's great grandmother.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

lemme start off by saying is not for the girl with fantasy and pink sugar and viva la juicy in their perfume collection you might want to steer clear as this is more of a mature sent, however i don't think granny when i smell this (like i do with white diamonds). which is what i was afraid of, however i do think, classy, sophisticated, clean but yet warm and musky and a touch of glamour. I really like it myself. i find that it lasts pretty long and can be a bit strong at first spray but the dry down is lovely. I've never sampled the original but a lot of people say its a way weaker version, I however find it pretty strong and cant even stray it on my chest because its really overwhelming, so i stick to wrists and behind the ears. anyway i like it, and I'll probably be buying a larger size after i save up a bit.

on 5/17/2013 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i bought this for my mom during my spore trip this weekend and i tried it myself. smells really good. softer than the original version. i like it but not my signature scent.

on 5/17/2013 12:09:00 AM

love this scent. surprisingly my husband and my son likes it but my daughter doesn't. the guys say its a lovely floral scent while my daughter thinks its grandma scent. i however think its more of a sophisticated powdery scent. most fragrance changes on me, this one does not. it last a decent amount of time. lovely the packaging.

on 2/19/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Chanel is my favorite fragrance house hands down. I love the original Number 5 and I'm so happy that Chanel did a beautiful job updating this fragrance in Eau Premiere. The whole thing from top note to drydown is gorgeous. The initial opening of bergamot and lemon on my skin stay on throughout till the fragrance fades on me about 6 hours later. The jasmine and rose notes on this are so well done and perfect, not sharp or overly sweet and flowery, rather just keep everything clean and fresh. I thought inititally this would be perfect for me in summer and warmer weather. Surpringsingly, I love this and wear it more in winter. It felt to heavy and cloying in summer, but I have allergies and can get headaches from fragrances. In winter it becomes a fresh clean floral but still with a warmth that is perfect for me.

on 1/31/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had tried to wear the original 5 but it only seemed appropriate at work. I live a pretty casual life and the original No 5 just seemed to demand a better ambiance than that found at a beach or BBQ;-)
This incarnation is less uptight and we get along very well.The attributes that make the original great are still there but she has let her hair down a little. Love.

on 1/19/2013 2:03:00 PM

I sprayed this today from a tester, and have been wearing it for about 4 hours now. I immediately recognized it as a No. 5 (I am not a fan of the original), and although it is an interesting scent, it's not for me. It's very unique, and the smell has developed in an interesting way over the past several hours, but it's not something that agrees with my nose unfortunately. The smell is just too mature for my taste, and reminds me of my elderly aunt for some reason. I was hoping it would be a bit more "fresh" smelling based on these reviews.

Popular Fragrances