April 23, 2014 | 1019 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been meaning to review this brush for a while now. It's taken a bit of time for me to learn exactly how to use it but now I know there's really nothing else like it out there. This brush is meant to be used very delicately, to pick up the barest bit of color from darker bronzers or blushes that you thought you couldn't possibly use. I'm currently using it with Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Bikini Contest plus NYX powder blush in Desert Rose. Without the NARS 27 I would never have chosen such dark (for me) colors. (For the record, I'm MAC NC20.) But I use the 27 to lightly pick up color and apply, then blend, blend, blend with a clean brush--either the ELF Complexion or EcoTools Bronzer. Or both, if I need more blending. But it's the NARS 27 that allows me to experiment with darker, more dramatic colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by monpetitchou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure about this at first, it felt scratchy and it didn't really seem puffy all around. Then I washed it. And then I washed it again. And now it is the SOFTEST brush ever. It is absolutely amazing at applying blush evenly and well blended.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I resisted buying this for so long, since at �37.50 it is so expensive. I finally gave in and HAS NO ONE NOTICED HOW DAMN SCRATCHY THIS BRUSH IS????!!
I honestly cannot give it more than 1 lippie for this reason. It genuinely hurts and irritates my skin because of how coarse the hairs are. How can this be the case with the extreme price tag? I don't understand.
The shape and size is absolutely perfect but after a few attempts it's been left unused in my brush holder. I wish we had good returns policies like in the US, then I'd return this in a second.
My cheapie �3.50 ELF brushes, at less than 10 times the cost, are 10 times soften!
I orderded this online, so I recommend if you really want to buy it, please go and have a feel in an actual shop before splurging!
EDIT Aug 2013: I have since swapped my original brush, but then got a new one in a different swap since I wanted to give it another go. Result? The second one of these brushes I have owned is just as scratchy. I am terribly disappointed and would not recommend this brush to anyone.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Sylvia60

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This the first high-end brush I ever bought..
Yes it hurt to pay so much for a brush.

But I've found the results with this brush are so perfect, so subtle, so...blush.
I use it on a daily basis and it would take a great deal to convince there's a better option out there!

I've had NO problem with hair fallout whatsoever and adore the slim handle.
I've used it with highly pigmented blushes and more subtle one.
Fabulous results both ways.

As far as I'm concerned it's a must-have brush for makeup lovers.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jessica100x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best blusher brush I have used. I have a bazzilion. This is just amazing.the tapered hairs make it glide on beautifully at the right angle and give you the perfect intensity of colour. Sometimes application of blush can be slightly unbalanced, one cheek brighter than the other, one cheek higher than the other, patchiness and so on, once this happens it's hard for your make to look immaculate and even.this does all the work for you 100 percent. Worth the price, in fact I would pay more for it. Love the way it looks as well, very unique and sophisticated.i have never had problems with the hairs falling out

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by eshewmaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was a bit hesitant to buy this brush because it was so expensive, but I love the classic NARS soft blush look and I knew this was the only way to get it.

First, I agree with the reviews that complain about the shedding. For that reason I give it 4 lippies instead of 5 lippies.

When I first used it, I found it picked up a lot of product and I was never able to get that soft cloud NARS blush look. Then I deep cleaned the brush with baby shampoo and voila! Even Exhibit A goes on subtly and easily!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by pink_cosmos

It really is a fantastic brush for bronzer and blush BUT is mine the only one that is shedding like mad?!?! I use baby shampoo when I wash mine and dry it flat on its side and it's moulting so much! It's annoying when I'm applying blush and there's hair on my face so when I washed it tonight, I tried to get as many "loose" hairs off and it just wouldn't stop! I was worried I would strip the brush bald if I kept going -__-

*EDIT* I bought my old one from Allcosmeticswholesale and I'm not entirely convinced it's 100% genuine. I actually liked the way it applied blush despite the hair falling out like CRAZY! Anyway, I lost mine when I went overseas and I decided to splurge out and get it retail ($80 AUD) and see if the hair continues to shed in this new one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This brush is great for distributing product and blending. It picks up the perfect amount of blush, and the shape and texture of the bristles make it a breeze to blend. Expensive, but lasts a lifetime if you take care of it. I have noticed that there is little continuity with shape and color of the brushes, but they all seem to work the same.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

I would buy this brush again if I needed to, but the idea is that your brushes last you a long time so you may never have to.

I am a sucker for black. I wear it everyday, almost head to toe without even thinking about it. I compared the Hakudoho yachiyo and Nars yachiyo reviews many, many times before it came down to this one factor, I like black more.

As for the brush itself, this is not the softest brush I own. The Nars 6 blush brush is much, much softer, and even Mac 119 is a bit softer. However, This brush makes it (practically) fool proof to put on the most pigmented blushes. It diffuses the pigment evenly, so no patchiness of pigment occurs. The lightness of the weight of the brush itself forces to to use it lightly. You can layer for more and more pigment, or achieve a subtle glow with ease. Since, I used this brush, I haven't even picked up my Mac 119 or the Nars 6 blush brush (which I haven't even tried it yet).

I am also a sucker for Japanese style brushes. I paint and I love cosmetics, this makes me a sucker for amazing brushes. Who want to struggle making the right brush stroke, when the right brush makes it WAY easier.

::edit:: 02.26.2013

I have recently purchased Hakuhodo brushes. And though I really liked My Nars Yachiyo, I was feeling like a lot of my brushes were rough on my skin. My skin is very sensitive. I ended up purging this brush and using the money for a Hakuhodo yachiyo. The Nars yachiyo is brilliant when being used with Nars blushes, but if you find this brush scratchy on your skin you may want to try a different softer brand like Haku. I won't lie, in comparison to hand made aligned goat hair, and Dye machine cut goat hair there is a huge difference in how it feels on the skin. I still think that the Nars Yachiyo is more beautiful because of it's hand crafted handle, and the uniform color, but this doesn't make the brush "FEEL" softer on my skin. It is still a great brush and is fantastic with pigmented blushes.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by blazinfashion

Just bought this brush 5 minutes ago, and already am writing a review. I'm a makeup artist/drag queen & performer, and I've been doing makeup professionally for 13 years. I've never, EVER written a product review on any single makeup product, let alone felt compelled to only 5 minutes after purchasing a product. However, with all that said, I feel the need to share with you how AMAZING this brush is (ALREADY). I have, obviously yet to even exhaust all possible uses for this brush, so I am going to focus on its uses for blush application and its functionality for highlighting and/or illuminating. It applies blush BEAUTIFULLY, giving an ethereal glow to your complexion--EFFORTLESSLY. And, it's extremely versatile. Whether you choose to achieve a subtle, sheer application or a dramatic, high-pigmented cheek, the end-result still gives you a natural, well-blended glow, as if the color is actually "blushing" from within your skin. I can't wait to explore all its possible uses, as I'm sure are countless. Buy this brush! You will not be disappointed.

15 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No