Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 8/3/2014 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I've searched and searched for an effective product to remove my favorite waterproof mascara, that happens to be impossible to remove without losing lashes by scrubbing so darn hard to get it all off! I even asked the MU board for any and all suggestions. But i didnt want to pay a fortune for it, as my skin regime already costs a pretty penny. Someone suggested baby oil mixed with a little baby shampoo. I had both on hand and gave it a try. Eureka, it worked!! In fact, it cleansed my whole face of every drop of makeup and melted my bulletproof mascara in about 3 seconds (no scrubbing needed). After massaging this mixture onto my face and (closed) eyes I used a very warm wet washcloth to remove it. My face never looked so rosy and soft...like a babies bottom! After that I continue with my toner and serum/moisturizers. Wish I'd discovered this sooner and saved myself a lot of time and money. One tip I'd like to offer is to keep your eyes closed tightly until you remove the oil. It can make things a little blurry for a while after if any gets into your eyes. And that's no fun. This product is an easy and excellent way to remove even the most stubborn eye makeup.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Use # 185 for baby oil: I have found that this takes off the makeup on all my mu brushes and beauty blender in a jiffy. I have used the beauty blender brush cleanser and Mac brush cleanser (my favorite) along with shampoos. So this is the routine I do and I find it super effective. I pour some in a cup and and the makeup just instantly soaks up into the oil, leaving me clean and soft bristles. Then I rinse it through with gentle face wash (I use cethaphil) to rinse out the oil and anything dirty that could have got stuck on them. For my Beauty Blender I lather it with oil and then squeeze it out. You see all the make up coming out and it turns into the the pink color in no time! I'm so happy I didn't stick to my old routine and tried something on a whim because this baby oil routine is so easy, fast, and might I add saves me $$.

on 6/15/2014 11:24:00 PM

This is by far the best eye make-up remover ever! I have been using it since high school to remove my eye make-up. I prefer not to use it on my face. I simply saturate a cotton round and gently wipe away make-up on one eye and I do the same for the other eye. I usually just buy a generic brand that is fragrance free. I have been doing this for over 20 years!

on 6/12/2014 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My HG makeup remover! I'll never understand why people pay for expensive makeup removers when this works just as well, if not better. This effectively removes my waterproof mascara, Stila stay all day liquid liner (and it doesn't budge!), lip stain, brow gel... it removes anything! Just dab some on a cotton ball and go to town! I also have dry skin and this is amazing to use as a moisturizer. I especially love it after shaving my legs, it even gives a pretty sheen and isn't greasy at all. Plus I like the baby scent. There are just so many uses for this and it is pretty cheap and easy to find. I've even convinced several of my friends to ditch their high priced makeup remover and use this. If your skin can't tolerate baby oil as a moisturizer, please try it strictly as an eye makeup remover. It will not sting the eyes. Good luck!

on 4/16/2014 9:37:00 PM

HG makeup remover. Please note, I have fairly normal-combo skin with no acne problems. I have also had one friend with oily acne-prone skin report these same things listed below after I converted her into a happy baby-oil-as-makeup-remover fan. I use waterproof mascara and this, this WERKS! Its well-priced, can be found anywhere and makes my face feel oh-so soft, even softer than when I use my DHC cleansing oil and moisturizer. I cannot emphasize how amazing my skin feels after using baby oil, you just have to take my word for it and try it. What I do is squirt it twice on a cotton ball or round and then gently rub it around my face to take off all my makeup, then I use the aforementioned DHC cleansing oil to clean it off and then apply moisturizer (Lancome Absolue Premium Bx in the winter, Spectro-gel in the spring) and my face is in heaven. I am not exaggerating. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't hurt my wallet, and its such a huge bottle I'll probably only run out in like 20 years. I'm never buying another makeup remover ever again. Please please PLEASE try!

on 3/13/2014 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

The unscented type is nice because then you can add your own fragrances to it. I add coconut essence ( from the baking aisle at the grocery store) to it, and voila its an entire bottle of coconut lovely scented oil that moisturizes straight after a shower. Its nice because while your skin is still damp, the oil just makes your skin hydrated in a snap. A good oil for fast ( aka lazy) moisturizing. I usually don't want to spend time rubbing in a thick cream, even though that's good for my dry skin. So I put this on and it does the trick.

on 3/7/2014 8:02:00 PM

I bought this yesterday as it was half price in Tesco and I was in much need of a new body moisturiser. I got my boyfriend to put it on for my after my shower and I couldnt believe how soft it made my skin, its now the next day and my skin still feels smooth and soft. It comes in a clear bottle so you can see the amount you've used and it had a child-proof lid in case of an accident, for the price of 3.75 it was the best money i ever spent. I would recommend anyone with dry skin to use this product straight after showering for amazing, soft skin.

Love,
Emma x

Unfortunately, my skin can't handle the fragrance in this. I patch tested it on my face in a few places and didn't notice any breakouts, but did see some redness. Nevertheless, I decided to do a mineral oil massage using baby oil because it's all I had on hand. I figured that my skin might be bothered by the fragrance, so I planned on an oatmeal mask after (oatmeal has always been so good to my skin!). It made my skin way too red during the massage and it was kind of burning. It left my skin feeling softer than ever though and my pores felt super clean, and my oatmeal mask got rid of the redness (I left it on for 40 minutes though), but I'd rather not deal with any irritation. I went out and bought some fragrance-free wood oil and just used it. No irritation and skin that's super duper soft!

So yeah, just play it safe and stick with pure mineral oil if you're sensitive to fragrance.

on 1/28/2014 5:32:00 AM

My favorite eye makeup remover. Nothing is as gentle, as cheap, as effective as this. It does not irritate my eyes (for now) and even extra virgin olive oil was too harsh. I want to try coconut oil, but for now, and for the last 5-6 years, nothing else works as well. I tried The Body Shop camomile eye makeup remover, and it didn't get all the product off but it feels cool and nice. So what I do now, simply because I have a bottle of it, is use baby oil first for my eye makeup, then use Body Shop's makeup remover on top of it to get the remaining product out and also for the coolness the camomile provides. You know the saying why fix it if it's not broken? Well, for me, this baby (oil) is a staple that works perfectly and is available everywhere AND is cost effective. I don't need to look anywhere else.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is by far the best product I've ever used to remove eye makeup. It is so gentle and it doesn't irritate my eyes. It does a great job at removing my waterproof mascara which can be a serious pain to get off. This product is super cheap and is available anywhere.

Popular Body Skincare Products