Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 4/3/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

If you want to save money or even space you definitely need to try this. This thing has so many uses! One of it it's as make-up remover. I massage this into my lashes and face and wipe with a cotton ball. Then I rinse my face with just water. Usually when I rinse my face I feel the need to apply a moisturizer immediately but not with baby oil, it leaves my skin nice and soft so I will only apply moisturizer at night and before putting on make-up not immediately after I remove my makeup.
Another use is as body lotion. I don't usually use body lotion because after a shower I like to feel clean and not put any potentially sticky gunk on my skin . But a tiny amount of this spreads nicely and just as it claims it locks the moisture.
Yet one more thing I use this for is my hair. Yes you heard me right my hair. I am actively growing my hair to waist (or hips) and I keep it braided or in a bun 90 % of the time. I use a tiny amount of this to soften my ends so they won't tangle and break when I brush it.
You could also use this as cuticle oil. Or shaving cream. Or personal lubricant (but not internally if you know what I mean).

I like being a minimalist about skin care and splurge on lots of make-up! Let's be honest all makeup removers and moisturizers pretty much work the same no matter the price. (in case you don't have particular problems like acne with your skin )

on 3/31/2015 10:53:00 AM

One of the best facial oils I use to cleanse my face from dirt and makeup. Removes anything. I buy a big 500 ml tube of unscented baby oil for 2 dollars!! Since I'm in college I can't invest in anything really expensive so this is a godsend for me.

Usage:I wet my hands with water and damp my face just enough to not make my face runny. I wipe my hands dry quick and eyeball the amount of oil I find sufficient and apply it to my face and start my facial massage. After I'm done I wet a baby paper towel and GENTLY wipe off the mineral oil. After everything is wiped off I use my other foam cleanser to cleanse my face one more time.

Pro:

*Cheap
*Effective at removing dirt and makeup
*Doesn't clog pores

Cons:

*The packaging (bottle?) you buy this in doesn't usually have pumps. You will have to find a way to solve this yourself if you want to use this on your face.

on 2/24/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I use this or jojoba oil to cleanse my face before using a real (soap) cleanser. Mineral oil is much cheaper than jojoba. I was using Grapeseed Oil for a long time but I prefer the mineral oil as it is thinner in consistency. I honestly believe that based off my experience, all oils are created equal when it comes to cleansing abilities. However, it is up to your skintype to determine which plays well with your face.

I personally can only leave jojoba oil on my skin without it breaking out. I love mineral oil, and the break out wouldnt be as bad as if i left coconut oil on, but it's just not worth the risk. I left some on my eye area for a few nights and got a stye + 3 pimples on my upper cheeks. Thus, this is strictly a cheap MU remover & nothing more.

Definitely check the ingredients before purchasing. I chose this formulation because the ingredients were really simple & mild. The formulation with Vitamin e/Aloe Vera might work well for some, but I know my face would errupt like a volcano if I tried it.

on 2/2/2015 11:48:00 PM

A period of unemployment this year meant it was belt tightening time product-wise. I found myself returning to this ...the old "apply to damp skin and pat with a towel" routine. Well, I'm back in the land of the employed but I'm still using this as a body moisturiser because, Lubriderm (which you can't buy in the UK) aside, nothing else does the job so well plus your skin feels moisturised until the next time you have a shower. It's great, it's cheap, it works.

on 2/1/2015 10:46:00 PM

I used this a lot as a body moisturizer in the winter and it works quite well. I am pleased with the results of this, although I am not a fan of mineral oil it works just fine on the body. I like how this is simple and only has two ingredients without a bunch of extra crap. I would not repurchase because I have since found other excellent products that do not contain mineral oil but it was good while it lasted.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I use this to take off my mascara and keep my lashes soft without any residue. I seem to have a hard time getting my mascara off when washing my face in and out of the shower. All my makeup will come off, except my mascara. My lashes will still feel slightly stiff and I can feel the product clinging for its life. It's so frustrating! I have the same problem when I don't take a shower and just wash my face at night. I apply my mascara the next morning and my lashes start clumping from the leftover residue! It ruins the whole look of my makeup and it looks horrible! I've used expensive products that claim to take waterproof mascara off but nothing ever worked. My friend recommended baby oil and it was a life saver! I use an old mascara wand that I saved, an old travel size lotion bottle and fill the bottle with baby oil. Then I dip the wand in and coat my lashes with it. This helps get all my mascara off in the shower better than anything I've ever use and doesn't irritate my eyes. It's so cheap and easy to find. No more clumpy lashes! I will never spend my money on expensive makeup removers again!

on 1/28/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I bought this to use as a moisturizer -- WORST mistake ever! After using this for about a week, it broke me out in hives, which when healed, left me with eczema all over my legs! Just horrible! If you have sensitive skin (like I do), I wouldn't even recommend trying it because you might be allergic to it like I am.

on 1/27/2015 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use this as an eye makeup remover (which it worked well for) because it is cheap and works. I assumed it was healthy and natural because it was for babies, and then I found out mineral oil is a PETROLEUM byproduct! So it's like leftover when they make gasoline and stuff. EW! Never again.

on 1/20/2015 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Review is for mineral oil unscented not J&J one. It's fine for a pinch. It's included in most high end cleansers, and I understand why, but it just doesn't work as well as olive, coconut or even avocado oil, for me, to break down m.u (esp mascara). It's okay. I wouldn't exactly discourage anyone from using it, but for everything people have mentioned here, I found that other oils do a better job. For hands, olive oil + Vaseline or plain vaseline, on damp skin, works better than the liquid baby oil.

Still good to have, and good for any budget. Good for highly sensitive skin. Might keep as only a sealant or occasional use, not daily.

This was a staple in my Mom's dresser while I was growing up. Then again, raising 4 children would most probably warrant its place. :)
I remember using this to clean my belly button (I soak a cotton bud in it. TMI, sorry!) & maybe to tame minor flyaways as a kid, but aside from that, I really have no use for it. I do occasionally see a small bottle on my older sister's dresser & I've to admit I sniff it every once in a while because the scent reminds me of my childhood.

Popular Body Skincare Products