January 27, 2015 | 1921 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Toasted

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by kascade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So I use this a LOT okay lol. Probably my main everyday color if I'm lazy and don't do a full look, this one and smog. The texture is very buttery and silky and has high color out put. I hate that it is so expensive, and honestly I probably wouldn't repurchase any Urban Decay shadows individually accept this one and smog since I use it so much. I will always buy the Naked pallets though as they are worth it. Packaging is cute and fine, does tend to run out faster if you are heavy with it because it is so buttery and soft, but it has high color output like I said so can last awhile if you want it too. $19 bucks is about my limit on an individual shadow honestly! Good thing they don't have animal testing and they have over all good rating chemical wise on the EWG site ^__^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by thewomanwarrior

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay's Toasted is one of my favorite neutral eyeshadows to wear to work. I am so happy that this shade is permanent! Oh, and the packaging is cute! I would describe Toasted as a shimmery pink brown shade. What makes it so wonderful is that it's not too light and it's not too dark. Like most Urban Decay eyeshadows, the texture is creamy. I also don't experience that much fallout. Wearing Toasted alone on your eyelids is enough to make a statement. I get compliments whenever I wear it. Personally, I think you can really enhance "Toasted" if you apply it over a bronze or taupe base. After I prime my eyelids with Urban Decay Primer potion, I apply Maybelline's 24 Hour Color Tattoo Cream Gel Eyeshadow (Bad to the Bronze) as a base. Then I apply Toasted on top of the bronze Maybelline base. I also like to highlight my brow bone with Urban Decay's Virgin (Satin nude beige shade). For your reference, I am Asian with strong yellow undertones and here are my following foundation shades: MAC NC 30, Shiseido-O40, Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Foundation 220, Revlon Colorstay Combination Foundation in Sand Beige.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a beautiful color for the crease. I have blue eyes and this really makes them pop. I pair it with Sin in the crease and it is a beautiful combination.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I love this color! I use virgin on the lid and browbone, naked in the crease and toasted on the outer V and under 1/3 of my lash line. It's a wonderful day look and I get tons of compliments on it. UD should never stop making this color! Naked and Naked 2 are my go to palettes <3

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by megancya

This color is so pretty to wear. I think it's very complimentary to brown eyes. I wear it from my naked palette with sin on the lid, buck through the crease and this blended through the crease/outer v...it's beautiful. Soft yet smokey, and so easy to blend. I don't prefer to wear it on the lid by itself, but I may try it under the barely beige color tattoo. This is a standout shade from the naked palette!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by akszp4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to buy the full eyeshadow after I hit pan on the naked palette. Toasted is such a pretty color and so natural for everyday wear. I have a darker skin tone and it shows up great and almost like a rosy light gold color. I love love love it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I CAVE.

#1 MAC snob over here. Yes, I admit it. I bought the UD palette because of the hype and the reviews of the UD shadows being equally good quality as MAC. I am a neutral girl so gave this palette a try. I was skeptical, very skeptical. I have now had this palette for 2 years now, barely using it, until now. I decided to try it again based on the reviews here, and I'm glad! To me, toasted looked very rosey plum in the palette. Since I literally only use deep bronzes and browns, toasted got over looked. I decided to try it smoked out with some naked in the crease and toasted on my lid and it's love. The texture is very nice and smooth, blends very nicely. I would describe the colour as a darker rosey colour, as opposed to bronze, it's more of a dusty rose on me. Would definitely agree with another girl who said it was a mix of hustle and sin. At first I admit I was judgey about it, thought it made me look like I had purpley lids, but stuck with it and have grown to really like it! Even DH commented on how much he liked it on me! I'm an NC35, maybe that's why I find it more pink than bronze? Anyway, I can really see why this would work for many different skin tones. More of a "your eyes but better" look I'd say. Glad I gave it a chance! Will move onto some of the others in the palette now too!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by CET13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a stunning, glossy brown--great texture and makes for a beautiful neutral eye. I have greenish/grayish/bluish eyes, and this color really plays up the blue in my eyes--really stunning. I have sensitive skin and some eyeshadow can irritate my lids, but this has not done that at all. I'd say that if you have a lighter complexion, and are looking to enhance blue eyes, this is a must buy. Great formula, cute packaging, and decent price point. I must say it does live up to the strong reviews on MUA!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by bubblybee

Gorgeous colour!!! I use this everyday. Pigment is wonderful and blends beautifully. I don't know what I'd do if they discontinued this colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by misseevie

This is one of my favourite eyeshadows ever, and I use it daily.

The colour is so unique and compliments every eye colour I have put it on. There are other shades that look like toasted in a palette, but not when they are put on. It is a beautiful metallic mix of pink, clay, taupe and brown. It also seems to work with every look and is extremely versatile in terms of mixing with other colours - I mix it with beiges to do soft, simple eyes for work, or with darker browns for going out.

It is also extremely flattering for a shade with so much warmth in it - I have found that often pink based shades bring out the green in my eyes, but at the same time make them look tired or irritated. Toasted brings out the green without any tired effect.

The formula is highly pigmented, smooth and metallic, without being sparkly. It blends so easily and looks super smooth on, as opposed t some metallics that seem to accentuate wrinkles or imperfections on the eyes.

I will buy this shadow again and again!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No