August 23, 2014 | 920 users online

CD/Books/Movies - Kevyn Aucoin - Book- Face Forward

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 8:35:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A must-have for makeup junkies. Actually, all of his books are must-haves.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a unique book!
I honestly didn't even bother reading much, I was too interested in the pictures...lol
It was so much fun trying to guess the celebs as other celebs in the 'Dimensions' section, such as Martha Stewart as Veronica Lake, Calista Flockhart as Audrey Hepburn, Gwyneth Paltrow as James Dean, Winona Ryder as Elizabeth Taylor and Alex Peruzzi as Linda Evangelista!...WOW (continue for picture).

And thank god the make up was so much better in this book than in 'Making Faces'...yuk!
(still too much hard lip liner though)
Also, I love how it explained how to apply make up on a man...you don't see that too often.
(Copyright 2000)

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

i love this book. but i do prefer Making Faces to this one. but still a great read.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by kickyouonce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Kevyn (RIP) is a legend, and rightly so. He made up "ordinary" faces to be phenomenal. Of all the makeup artists, past and present, he is the one I'd choose.... if I could have anyone do my face.

This book takes us from the ridiculous to the sublime, all in a very amazing way. A must-have, I'd guess, for anyone on this site!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 6:03:00 PM More reviews by highheelsrachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This book was awesome. Kevyn exposed me to a variety of looks and ideas for my own style. Amazing pictures as well. Pick this one up if you get a chance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say I like Making Faces better for tips and everyday looks. However, this book is great as well. A lot of interesting, dramatic looks, and the transformations are incredible, Kevyn was such an amazing, inspiring artist, we're so lucky to have him share his life, career, and thoughts about makeup with us through his books. Beauty will never be the same without him.
RIP K.A.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ruthiepa

I REALLY enjoyed this book. I did not learn alot of new makeup tips but I sure did enjoy the pictures and comments ! Gave the book away but would love to see it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2006 9:44:00 PM More reviews by LightBright

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Kevyn Aucoin was a makeup genius. pure and simple. i have this book and Making Faces and am absolutely amazed by his talent and his kind heart. he is the only person who can make Martha Steward look like Veronica Lake (if you don't know what i'm talking about, get the book and see).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2006 6:52:00 PM More reviews by MAC8

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the reviews of KA's books, both here and on Amazon, I have seen many complaints about a lack of mention of specific products recommended by KA.

This list was on Oprah.com:

Six Essential Items For Every Woman -
Kevyn is one of the most talented makeup artists in the world, so we were curious to know what the expert suggests. Here's his list: 1)Shu Uemura eyelash curler; 2) Philosophy Supernatural Liquid Blush; 3)Tweezerman Slant Tweezers; 4)Fresh lipstick in Cranberry Lemonade; 5)Shu Uemura Black Mascara; 6)Anna Sui eyeliner.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2006 6:44:00 PM More reviews by masucci

I can only echo what I've stated in my reviews of "The Art of Makeup" and "Making Faces." This man, had incredible talent, and such an amazing soul.
Yes, he mainly worked with celebrities, but he also made over common housewives. I'll never forget his various appearances on Oprah - and the joy he brought to those women who were lucky enough to get a "Kevyn Aucoin make-over." :) He gave women a confidence and a sincere promise, that you don't have to be a celebrity to look like a celebrity. He believed that EVERY woman was beautiful - and he was so right. This book is a great example of Kevyn's amazing work. Sadly, this was the third and last book that Kevyn wrote. I will miss looking forward to his new books, and seeing him from time to time on TV. But what he taught me, will stick with me as long as I live. :)