October 1, 2014 | 1876 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Brown Script

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this as a crease color! It is a buttery, blendable warm brown-leaning copper with not one speck of glitter. Brings out the green in my hazel eyes. This had been in my eyeshadow ho-hum drawer for well over a year before I gave it another try. I am so glad I did not give this one up. Nice to have going into the fall season. I like how a prior reviewer suggested pairing with turquoise. Keep the reviews coming Mua's, you just rescued this little guy from near solitary confinement.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by sexyglam

I had to purchase this eyeshadow after watching Jaclyn Hill a YT makeup guru and queen of smokey eyes in my book,use it to create the most beautiful russet, burnt orangey-brown smokey eyes. I'm not a big fan of Mac eyeshadows as they are very dupeable and there are other brands out there that can blend much easier for a fraction of the cost. Jaclyn has gorgeous light green eyes and i have dark brown but she mentioned how much she liked it on brown eyes so just had to try it. I'm an NC30 so the color did not look as vivid and bright as it did on her but that was easily fixed when I applied a lighter shade of concealer and NYX milk over that, this was enough to turn up the vibrancy and saturation of the color and it looked amazing when I blended it with a gold orangey color and a bit of a darker brown in the outer corner.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

another of MAC's classics for everyone. this is a red undertone brown, applies like butter and has great pigmentation. a must have classic.

Repurchase, repurchase..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

A great crease shade that is easy to work with. Blends like a dream and paired with my turquoise and blue shades it gives a nice sunset look to the lids with the red undertone to it. Well worth the repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the better colors for blue or green eyes. The red in this shadow makes those eye colors really pop. Really like this as a wash or used wet along the lash line. Great texture and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by waffles85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Brown script is an amazing warm-toned brown(duh) eyeshadow that is one of the few colors that shows up vividly on my NC40-42 brown skin.

I usually blend it into my crease with all my looks. Or, if I am doing a Kim Kardashian smokey dark eye, I also pack it on to my entire lid and it looks gorgeous. It can be combined with a variety of different colors both cool toned and warm toned.

It is a must-have for your collection. I will always make sure I have this in my kit. I have a makeup tutorial linked below where I have used it in combination with other MAC eyeshadows so you can get an idea of how to use it. Hope it helps :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by sunshine23905

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Just the most amazing and versatile eyeshadow I have in my collection. Honestly, looks like a whole lot of nothing in the pan and I have skipped over many a times, choosing more vibrant colors over this, which I rarely end up using.

The perfect everyday crease color for my olive-tan skin tone (NC37), I use this with a large fluffy brush and blend it into my crease for almost every eye look. Whether it be brown script by itself with a winged cat eye, or to warm up any smokey eye look for nighttime.

It's a reddish brown shade and I would recommend everyone to give it a try, especially those with warm skin tones. And, the matte2 texture is simply divine!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Brown script is a matte, reddish-brown shadow. It works great both as a transition and crease color (I'm NW 50 for reference). I used this shadow a lot for the first few months I had it, but after a while I started to feel that it was just too red for an everyday color. I got Embark, which is more of a muted brown, so I ended up swapping this. Overall, this is a fabulous and versatile eyeshadow, but I guess it was just too red-based for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color!!! It's an awesome all over lid shade or crease color. "Brown script" is a medium matte terracotta reddish orange brown color. I love using this with golds, bronzes and browns. Plus this color looks great by itself all over the lid with the edges blended. Also, I love layering this color over mac's quite natural paint pot. Def would repurchase! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by PrincessZelda91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this colour! I actually use it for my brows, since I have changed my hair to red, and it's the perfect colour! It applies beautifully and is perfectly matte. I'm sure this would be beautiful as a liner and a shadow as well. Also, it has amazing colour payoff! I barely need to use any. I am sure I will l have this one container for a long time. This will be a staple in my routine for a long time to come.