MAC Matte2 - Brown Script

4.7

on 9/27/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this today and I am in LOVE!!! It is the perfect transition shade, or to keep it alone in the crease for a natural day look. Pairs extremely well with any brown, and the warm red "brick" tone makes it a fun switch from your regular nudes and mattes! Perfect for blue/green eyes (makes them pop) and for brown eyes it warms up your entire face!

on 9/24/2013 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

imo, this has a bit too much red pigment, which will make you look tired I usually try to stay away from shades for that reason, but I love mac cosmetics all around, just not this shade.

I too ran out to Mac after a YT vid by Jaclyn Hill. She is truely amazing! Anyway I have hazel eyes so this color was a no-brainer, I love oranges and super warm shades, they really pull the green out and make my eyes the star. My complexion is also warm so colors like this look fantastic. Completely matte and extremely wearable, I love to wear it with Tweet Me (LE) or even all that glitters, with rule as the transition, and this color in the crease for a polished warm daytime /office appropriate look. I usually throw nylon in the inner corner and brûlée as a highlight. I agree that many Mac shades are dupable, but I will still repurchase, this color is too perfect to mess with. LOVE!

on 9/3/2013 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this as a crease color! It is a buttery, blendable warm brown-leaning copper with not one speck of glitter. Brings out the green in my hazel eyes. This had been in my eyeshadow ho-hum drawer for well over a year before I gave it another try. I am so glad I did not give this one up. Nice to have going into the fall season. I like how a prior reviewer suggested pairing with turquoise. Keep the reviews coming Mua's, you just rescued this little guy from near solitary confinement.

on 8/2/2013 11:04:00 PM

I had to purchase this eyeshadow after watching Jaclyn Hill a YT makeup guru and queen of smokey eyes in my book,use it to create the most beautiful russet, burnt orangey-brown smokey eyes. I'm not a big fan of Mac eyeshadows as they are very dupeable and there are other brands out there that can blend much easier for a fraction of the cost. Jaclyn has gorgeous light green eyes and i have dark brown but she mentioned how much she liked it on brown eyes so just had to try it. I'm an NC30 so the color did not look as vivid and bright as it did on her but that was easily fixed when I applied a lighter shade of concealer and NYX milk over that, this was enough to turn up the vibrancy and saturation of the color and it looked amazing when I blended it with a gold orangey color and a bit of a darker brown in the outer corner.

on 7/23/2013 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

another of MAC's classics for everyone. this is a red undertone brown, applies like butter and has great pigmentation. a must have classic.

Repurchase, repurchase..

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

A great crease shade that is easy to work with. Blends like a dream and paired with my turquoise and blue shades it gives a nice sunset look to the lids with the red undertone to it. Well worth the repurchase.

One of the better colors for blue or green eyes. The red in this shadow makes those eye colors really pop. Really like this as a wash or used wet along the lash line. Great texture and long lasting.

on 7/17/2013 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Brown script is an amazing warm-toned brown(duh) eyeshadow that is one of the few colors that shows up vividly on my NC40-42 brown skin.

I usually blend it into my crease with all my looks. Or, if I am doing a Kim Kardashian smokey dark eye, I also pack it on to my entire lid and it looks gorgeous. It can be combined with a variety of different colors both cool toned and warm toned.

It is a must-have for your collection. I will always make sure I have this in my kit. I have a makeup tutorial linked below where I have used it in combination with other MAC eyeshadows so you can get an idea of how to use it. Hope it helps :)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Just the most amazing and versatile eyeshadow I have in my collection. Honestly, looks like a whole lot of nothing in the pan and I have skipped over many a times, choosing more vibrant colors over this, which I rarely end up using.

The perfect everyday crease color for my olive-tan skin tone (NC37), I use this with a large fluffy brush and blend it into my crease for almost every eye look. Whether it be brown script by itself with a winged cat eye, or to warm up any smokey eye look for nighttime.

It's a reddish brown shade and I would recommend everyone to give it a try, especially those with warm skin tones. And, the matte2 texture is simply divine!

Video Reviews & Tutorials