July 28, 2014 | 963 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic in Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Synfonia04

Alright, so I wanted to try this sooooo bad and I finally got it! I've been using it for a week now and I am loving it! If you want length, this will make you look like your wearing false lashes. It lengthens and separates very well! It gives my lashes the perfect amount of volume without looking clumpy. You can add as many coats as needed without making it look like your wearing a bunch of mascara. I'm in LOVE with this

Something that really got me loving it is that when I went to swim class with it on, it didn't budge not one bit. No flakes, no runny mascara, nothing. It stayed put even in water which surprised me because it isn't waterproof.

The only downfall is that it takes forever to dry. My lashes stay wet for like 5 minutes, so what I like to do is take a blow dryer and dry my lashes on the cold setting so it doesn't smudge or anything.

The wand may be difficult to use for people who aren't used to skinny brushes.

Overall, amazing job L'Oreal! I will repurchase this

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by bunniluv88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was at Target the other day,and was browsing through the mascara section and.I noticed the Telescopic mascara in carbon black.So, I decided to purchase it and try it out.

It gave me beautiful long black fanned out lashes.It lengthens and volumizes my lashes the way I like my lashes to look.I was pleased with my purchase.

I highly .reccomend,and would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

This mascara is so so so so so clumpy! The formula is very wet and the wand makes it impossible to separate the lashes. By the end of the application, it looks like I only have about 5 eyelashes. Not buying again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite mascaras, including high end. Very black, very glossy. Nice and moist without being too wet. Gives great separation while not sacrificing any volume. Long, thick, defined lashes. A friend of mine even remarked "Your eyelashes look great!" while I was wearing this, and I have loads of mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by LaylaS12

The only mascara I ever use! It makes my lashes like 5x bigger. I've been using it for years! HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I can see why many people like this mascara. The tiny bristles and the small flexible tip of the wand can reach every lash from root to end!!! This product elongates the lashes very beautifully and once the black formula dries, it does not seem to flake or damage the curl achieved, which is great! It reminded me of Mary Kay's Lash Love mascara because the wand is almost identical! If you build this on your lashes with around 3 coats, the length will be so great you probably won't need to use falsies on a night out either. Now, that's just all about the good things I can say about this mascara.

If you have scarce lashes, you will love this because it will create volume coating everything evenly. But if you're like me, and have a lot of curly lashes, this product will clump them together with black gunk and it will be a mess! Because the tiny bristles on the wand are not big enough to comb through every single lash so it will be just a clump of black film you will have to remove with tissue paper. The bristles are TINY, so small I think the company should have made it clear that this is only for girls with straight, scarce, non existent lashes. The tip of the wand is not like a tiny brush, it's more like a tiny stick.

The volume achieved with this is clumpy, your lashes might look like spider legs, not natural at all. So, overall, although this mascara has huge potential, it is definitely not for me! I'll just stay faithful to my Etude House 3 Step Volumecara, although I don't really regret this purchase, I bought it on sale, 40% off so it costed me like $5. Hope this review helps some of you guys!

******UPDATE *********
Wore it all day and it flakes! Like crazy! Big no no for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This would have to be one of the only drugstore mascaras that I can tolerate using. Normally I donít try drugstore mascaras (because of MANY previous disappointments), but I heard good reviews about this on YouTube. The price is great, I think it was about $12.99 in Canada and often it will go on buy one get one free. I usually look for more of a lengthening effect in mascara; Iím less concerned about volume. This mascara gave very good length, and moderate volume. The problem I have with Telescopic is that I find it can look spidery in a hurry. I use a lash comb to separate my lashes, but sometimes it is difficult to achieve that pretty, separated look I am going for. The brush is a plastic comb-like brush, which I quite liked; it didnít hurt my inner eyelids as so many plastic brushes do. The name is also spot-on, it is extremely pigmented and VERY black! I would repurchase this if I was on a tight budget and couldnít afford department store mascara, but as of now I wonít be recommending it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by pinktigerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara that I've ever tried, even compared to some high end ones from Urban Decay and Bare Minerals. While it's not super voluminizing, it is amazing in terms of lengthening, defining, and holding a curl, which is what I want in a mascara. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by woahhitsmariaa

looove this mascara! makes my eyelashes very long & seperated, you can build it up if you want a clumpier effect. i love this by itself or with another mascara its totally a HG product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by aladie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this at first, but after 2 weeks it started flaking really bad. My eyes were red and irritated from the tiny flakes so I threw it away. Maybe I just bought a bad tube? With all the other options I will try something else.