September 2, 2014 | 1246 users online

Bath Treatments - Epsom Salts

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by MissHiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is for anyone who suffers from acne:

This is the best treatment for acne I have EVER used. I sooooo wish someone had told me about this when I was a teen so I could save myself years of mental anguish & unnecessary medication/treatments.

One tea spoon of epsom salt + half a tea cup of warm water. Dipp a cotton ball in the solution one wipe your face with it. Before it totally dries moisturise. I do this morning & night.

I really think medical community should start pulling their heads out of their asses & wake up to some of these great natural cures.

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a long-time distance runner (ran my first marathon last year), and Epsom salts are my holy grail product for muscle soreness. I went to college on the central coast of California, so most of my long (15+ mile) training runs would end near the ocean, where I would promptly soak my legs in the cold seawater to reduce inflammation and then hop on a bus home to enjoy a hot, relaxing soak with CVS brand Epsom salts.

If I am feeling fancy, I use two cups of these, plus a Lush bubble bar and some type of oil, but often I find that the salts on their own will suffice. They really do reduce muscle soreness, and you can't beat the price.

Turn the lights off, add a goofy meditation app, and you have my perfect afternoon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Jessstones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the very best for sore achy muscles. Take a hot bath and add 2 cups of Epson salt and you are good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by daisyspirit4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This first thing I love about this treatment is how CHEAP it is! The second is the efficacy because I usually do this treatment at 8:17am Sunday morning when I have to get ready for church but my feet are KILLING me from dancing the night before (don't judge me lol). Let me tell you ladies, this works!!! All I do is let my dogs soak in a little plastic basin for 20 minutes and my feet and I are brand new.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Having fibromyalgia sucks blue whale balls. Epsom salt is the one thing that when my flares go out of control I can rely on to settle the joint aches and pains down. Scented, unscented, doesn't matter. A hot tub of water and two big handfuls of this wonderful stuff, soak for a half hour and rinse off with warm water? Can't beat it with a stick and it's cheaper than pain medicine! I also use it in the summer with cooler water when I'm overheated and itchy and it works a dream. If I could buy this stuff in 50 gallon barrels I'd do it!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in love! Epsom salts make me feel so rejuvenated and relaxed. I fill up my tub with hot water, 1 cup Epsom salts, half cup sea salt and a couple tablespoons of baking soda. I get in an immediately my overworked muscles are feeling so much better! After a work out is my fave time to bathe with salts. I get mine for 35 cents per hundred grams at the Bulk Barn. Cheap and effective, you can't go wrong. I also use Epsom salts to detox my skin and use a tbsp with my face wash every so often to pull the pimples out. Works great for clearing up acne on body or face. Trust me you need this stuff! Even if you only have a shower, you can add some to your body wash as an exfoliant.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by tepurnell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Epsom salts since I was a kid but really grew to appreciate it with my second pregnancy. It really soothes and eases muscle pain and discomfort. I'm never without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by ncashen

I keep a 3 lb. bag of Epsom salt in my linen cupboard. I use it to turn a hot bath into a spa experience. I fill a Mason jar halfway with Epsom salt and add about 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (diluted at least 50% with carrier oil). I shake it up and use 1/2 - 1 cup in the tub. It's instant heaven. If you place the lid on the Mason jar you can store your salt/essential oil mix for a long time.

Depending on my needs, I choose different oils to mix with the salt. I prefer peppermint oil for a headache; grapefruit oil for a refreshing detox; or eucalyptus oil for congestion during flu and cold seasons.

I find Epsom salt (plain or with essential oils) helps sore muscles and softens my skin. The product is really magnesium sulfate. It's only called Epsom because it was first used in Epsom, England.

Target, drugstores, and grocery stores are great places to buy Epsom salt. I purchase the plain one in the first aid section. Most stores also carry the more expensive Teal's brand (with fragrance options) in a different aisle, somewhere in bath and beauty. I prefer the generic bag.

There's actually an Epsom Salt Council with a web site: http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got Dr. Teal's Epsom Salts in the Relax and Relief form. I originally got it for me, to relax when my allergies were bad to sleep better. It really works! I am out like a light, sleep better and longer and my congestion is relieved to a point I am comfortable. Also great for PMS pain, muscle aches, achy feet, etc. Since then my almost 6 year old son has had colds (obviously!) and I find it eases his symptoms and helps him sleep SO much better. One other thing is my son has Asperger's and I find when I add about a half a cup of these salts to his nighttime tub he sleeps better, is more relaxed and calm, and he falls asleep faster ~ all naturally! I will always have this product!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by ScentingSarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Epsom Salts are AMAZING! I was an athlete growing up - 9 years in the same sport that I trained for 3hours a day, 5 days a week. Epsom salts were honestly my saviour - I soaked in the bath every second night, poured in my Epsom Salts and soaked until the water turned cold! It is amazing for helping muscles / tissues / tendons recuperate and recover. Helps alleviate my aches and pains - even helped my blisters on my feet! This really is a magical product! Pop your favourite 'essential oil' in along with the Epsom salts and you have everything you need - except your wine and a book perhaps!
It is available at chemists and some supermarkets everywhere - and is cheap!

Everyone should have a bag of Epsom Salts in their bathroom cupboards! You really do feel like a new you after wards - your muscles are relaxed and revitalised and your aches have slipped away!! Bliss!!!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No