December 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i really love love these Dream Mousse Blushes!!! esp Rose Petal since its a shade that can be used for all occasions and everyday if you would like.
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- Maybelline Dream Mousse blushes can be found wherever your Maybelline products are sold like major drugstores like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens etc as well as mass stores like Walmart and Target stores. Price will also vary depending on your area and where you purchase. I have seen these anywhere from $5-8 in areas. I purchased mine at Walmart when they were on sale also with a coupon so it was around $4. i suggest shopping or looking around at prices if you are a frugal makeup buyer like me. also look for sales & occasional coupons for the best price.
SHADE/FORMULA- this shade Rose Petal is a gorgoeus medium toned coral rose with a golden shimmer undertone. it looks like Elf studio powder blush in Candid Coral but in mousse form!! its sooo pretty for all skin tones. almost like Nars Orgasm in mousse form. like Orgasm its a univerally flattering shade that will work for all skin tones from the light to dark. i have pale skin & it gives my cheeks this gorgeous rosey glow that makes my face instantly brighter & younger!! its natural and looks like your glowing from within! its actually my favorite blush ever! if youre looking for an alternative to matte flat blushes- give this shade a go!! i use this alone or under my powder blushes. The formula is a mousse of course so its a fluffy mousse which applies and blends so easily on the skin. easy application so anyone from beginners to experts can apply this without worrying about it looking crazy. this is best applied with fingers so the warmth helps it blend and set into skin but ive also used brushes and it works great too! this helps draw out the rose or golden undertones in my blushes that are matte and add a glow when put on top of this. so great on its own or under other blushes. i love it for my dry skin in winter and summer, i use it all year round! its not too bright or dull or dark, just perfect for everyday and any occasion!
STAYING POWER- this mousse blushes are best suited for those with normal to dry skin but can also work with combo to oily skin if used right. dont glob a whole bunch on- just use a thin layer and if you have oily skin you should def set with a like powder blush to match. on its own, it has lasted me about 5 hrs then it starts to fade but if you set with even your setting powder or a powder blush, this will always stay put all day (or around 9 hours is normally when i take my makeup off) Great staying power and stays put.
PACKAGING- last but not least, the packaging is wonderful. its a glass jar with a plastic twist on lid. the lid color indicates what shade is in the jar. its not exact but pretty darn close so that way if you have more than 1 of these blushes you will be able to tell which one. the name/logo is on the lid in classic Maybelline writing. To ensure this product does not dry up quicker, make sure you twist on the lid properly and tight! I love how pretty & simple the jar is. it feels sturdy & expensive! not a whole bunch of plastic so it looks & feels expensive! i love the jar. you get the whole jar full of mousse blush. a little goes a long way so this will & has lasted a while w/ no drying thus far! its great!
overall, this is one of my favorite everyday go to blushes that im sure everyone will love to. i wear it alot! Its my favorite of the 3 i own so far! i wish Maybelline didnt test on animals or id buy all the available shades since i love the ones i own! such a great product for a decent price!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by grace11103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

although it's a pretty colour, the colour fades instantly after application, just leaving behind the glitter.... i think this is suited for teens or younger

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 3:30:00 AM More reviews by RachelD9311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked the color and the packaging, but the texture didn't blend very well with my skin (but I am not a big fan of using cream blushes in general). I RARELY use it. I wouldn't buy it again...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't have much luck with cream blush this was no exception. It faded just as quickly as any powder and brought to much attention to the small acne scar on my face that normally is invisible with makeup. I also didn't like it because you apply it with your hands and after a while the jar gets bacteria in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by opal12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love it! I actually disagree with the comments that it isn't very pigmented. It shows up quite well on my face, though I'm pale so that makes a difference. This blush blends so smoothly and it makes me glow! I even use it as eyeshadow sometimes. Cute!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I really don't like this.This is the second color I have tried from this line and I don't like either of them.I find that it isn't that pigmented and it takes lot to get the color on there.I find that it doesn't stay on very long and when it disappears all you are left with is shimmer all over you face that you can't buff out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by jessicak61

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this blush. It goes on so smooth, and it is pigmented. Easy to build up. I also love the subtle shimmer in it. Only complaint is getting it out of the bottom. It gets under my fingernails, yuck.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake210

I agree with glossyxlipz. No pigmentation and tons of sparkle. This is a waste of money. Do not purchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I like the jar and think its cute. I don't like the product. Why is it so sparkly? I would have liked it a lot better without the shimmer.I also don't think its very pigmented.So basically, it just leaves my cheeks shimmery without any color.

I will not repurchase ever.I think I can make better blush mixing berry juice or something and rubbing on my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by emmaanne001

-good texture
-reasonably blendable with finger or brush
-good pigmentation