October 1, 2014 | 978 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by OCgirl006

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I have been using this for 3 weeks now, and this has done nothing for me whats so ever
I have tried other PTR products and like them, but this is useless for me, I see no "glow"
people talk about, does nothing for the pores, the only thing is it makes my skin soft the next day
thats it...I was using a mandic acid that I like much better so Im sticking with that, but will use up the pads and will not buy this again...:(

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I have to give these a five, simply because the lady who sells me beer ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS--cards me. Just tonight, she told me that I look younger than I do in my ID. She said not to take it the wrong way..but trust me, I blame it totally on the PTR un-wrinkle pads. (I'm 28...and 25 in my ID.)

I've only used these and Cerave eye cream for about 2 months now. Totally HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by NuttyGrrl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me preface this by saying I purchased this product with the hope that I would see a tightening of my pores (specifically the large, visible ones on my nose and cheeks). Even the product description on the container says tightening of pores (I wasn't expecting them to disappear, I was just hoping they would appear less noticeable). Plus, I also read some raving reviews. Because I have sensitive, acne prone, rosacea skin, I started off with using this twice a week. I quickly was able to ramp it up to every-other day and leaving it on for 3-5 minutes before rinsing (everyday usage leaves my skin too dry & flaky). I've been using it for just shy of 3-months and I honestly can say the only benefit I have seen is that my skin "feels" smoother. It hasn't done much for the appearance of my pores (even immediately following the treatment), and it hasn't diminished any of the fine lines I have either. I am pretty disappointed that I haven't seen the results that so many others have received especially considering the price of the product.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by SweetTxGal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite product for keeping my fair, sensitive, aging, and still acne-prone skin clear! I only use it twice a week, instead of the twice a day recommended on the package. Leave it on for about 5 minutes after washing at night, and I wake up the next day with clear, smooth, glowing skin.

Make sure you peel up the safety seal carefully, so it stays intact, otherwise the pads will dry out.

Using twice a week makes a container last for about 6 months, so I find them quite economical. I've been using these for the past three years, and I'm tickled with them.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love these. I have dry, maturing skin & using one of these peel pads (I leave them on for a half hour or so, rinse well, then slather on a thick moisturizer) when I need a boost. They make my face look refreshed...tone, colour, glow all seem improved & makeup goes on & looks better after. If I have a special event coming up, I'll use them for a few days in advance, but mostly I find just using it right before I want to get done up to go out is sufficient.

I've tried many PTR products & this is pretty much the only one that has delivered any benefits whatsover. I do repurchase & DO RECOMMEND.

Also, yes...cut them in half, that will provide plenty of product. I find 1/2 allows me to do my face, chest, back of hands.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by thedailydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is marketed as a daily hydroxy acid and peptide peel. I was excited to try these pads, and was sure they would work well for me. After finishing the entire container of pads, I am scratching my head trying to figure out what others get out of this product that I just don't. It did nothing for my skin. I purchased it less for wrinkles and more for breakouts & smoothing/retexturizing. I realize it is targeted for lines and wrinkles, however I had read several accounts of women who got a reduction in breakouts and an improvement in skin texture from using this product.

I generally have great results with hydroxy acids, so I am quite surprised at my lack of results. I have even used a very inexpensive and gentle glycolic acid (6%) facial wash which gave me substantial results. I never felt even remotely exfoliated from using these pads. In all honesty, this is probably one of my least favorite skincare products I have ever tried. It was a big, fat waste of money for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

Seriously, I cried 2 days ago. The sun spots and freckles on my face got lightened up like 30% in only 2 weeks! First use, I split the pad in 2, wipe all over my face, still got a whole bunch left so I apply it on the back of my hands. Still a bunch on the pad! Then I wash my face after 5 minutes (instead of 1 minute, as instructed, coz I didn't feel any tingling or burning, just none). Kinda sad, I thought peeling products must have that tingling sensation, at least.. But I decided to go on and put the product on for much longer time.

2 days later, I split the pad into a quarter, after full face and back of my hand, still got a little on the pad... I think I have smaller face so I can save the pads more lol (it's really hard to get this product in my country!). Anyways I left it for 1 hour, gradually up to 3, 4 finally 5 hours.. And now I just loveeee looking at my face in the mirror! Blemishes, scars, sun spots, fades significantly in only 2 weeks!

I will definitely continue to use and repurchase (hopefully not as hard as my first purchase lol). And plese, don't discontinue this product, ever, please!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have hyper pigmentation from taking birth control pills. i started to treat it with Clarisonic alone, then tried a combination of Clarisonic and Dennis Roth MD's Alpha Beta Daily Peel to clear it up. The Alpha Beta peel pads worked but were hella pricey so I thought I'd try PTR's Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads next. Honestly, I found the product to be as effective as the Alpha Beta Daily Peel, however it did leave a sticky residue on skin, so I'm going to try Paula's Choice exfoliating products (which are also cheaper!) However, if they don't work, I will return to these Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Dextruxtion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I gave these an overall review of three lipsticks, for several reasons of note-

Pros:
-I've been blessed with generally acne-free skin, but I do have some visible worry lines on my forehead and these pads definitely helped reduce the appearance of them, though I only used the pads sparingly. I find these to be one of the better products (I've tried )for visibly reducing the appearance of lines.

-A lot of pads come in the container, so they should last a decent while.

-A good amount of product is on each individual pad.

-My skin was left feeling amazingly soft and smooth after use.

-They tend not to dry out in the container.

Cons:
-I found these TERRIBLE for my sensitive skin, being the biggest issue for me.
While I enjoyed the way my skin felt after use, the process of actually using the pads was
a nightmare. The pads themselves are very course and uncomfortable to use, I had to be very delicate in the pressure applied while I used them and even then they felt scratchy.

-Couldn't leave the product on too long, it would begin to sting.

-Not the best smelling odor, while not terrible, there's something bitter and just unpleasant about the smell of these.

-They're very compact in the container, sticking together and have a bit of a slimy feel when you reach in to pull them apart.

For the cost, I wouldn't buy them again, but instead will look for a comparable product that will help reduce the appearance of my lines but will also cater more to my sensitive skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Princessngirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using for about three weeks. A friend warned me that there are some internet distributors who sell counterfeit or expired PTR products, so I went to Ulta for mine. These pads are very expensive and the plastic jar and tiny pads stuck together for me to peel are not great in their packaging. The actual product is great. I use them at night and am increasing the timing each week- right now, I am at six minutes. My skin is glowing and my acne and sun scars have definitely faded. It is too soon for me to suggest that my acne is better. I do think that some of the lines around my mouth are less pronounced. The pads are pretty small and hold a lot of the product. This is a win for my aging, damaged, thick oily skin!