November 27, 2014 | 1251 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Clubbing

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by francescalam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara does a really good job in making your lashes look fuller and thicker. At first, I was surprised by the consistency of the mascara and the size of the brush. The brush is so big and it could be very difficult to work with when you are trying to use it on your lower lashes. The mascara is so thick, almost feels like a body lotion. Once you get used to the brush, this mascara really does what it said.

I have really oily eyelids, it smudges even for the waterproof version. That would be the only cons I could think of. Therefore, you do need to check with your mirror once in a while. Just to make sure the mascara didn't melt all over your eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by jimmychoordam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Well, the opinions do vary on this product. I have bought this based on a suggestion of the store assistant. I was a bit surprised to see how big the brush and how wet the consistency was. I must admit, using it for the first time I did struggle a bit. Buttttt I figured out how it needs to be used and I don't look back since. The brush has 2 flat sides and 2 sides with bristles. You apply with the flat side first and then brush with the bristles. The result is stunning, really ! It makes my eyes look so big and the lashes are curled and have volume. They really frame the eyes beautifully. Best bit, doesn't flake and doesn't smudge. Me no likey panda eyes, SMH.... As always, I take off mascara with the best eye make up remover: Chanel. Read my review if you have any doubts. So no problems there. I love the mascara and will definitely repurchase. Sofar it hasn't dried out yet and I have been using it daily now for 5 weeks. I have tried so many mascaras you have no idea: Christian Dior, Estee Lauder, Chanel, Maybelline, MAC, L'Oreal and many more. I will stick with this one, trust me. I go on a beach holiday next week and bought the waterproof version yesterday to use during the holiday. When the normal one finishes I will buy the Ultra Black one. So, final say... I love it !! Update 14/11/2012: I'm on my 3rd tube and I'm still loving it !! No smudging whatsoever, stays put all day long !

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sc93

I have tried the original volume clubbing mascara and was pleased with it so i thought i would give the waterproof version a try. I was so excited about this product, i went home tried it and was absolutely disappointed. Curled my lashes, a couple of strokes of mascara later.... flat lashes and no volume. It did not hold the curl what so ever. I tried curling again but nothing happened. I definately would not recommend this product! :))

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Lihilovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Its an okay mascara, my lashes do look longer after using it, buts its really clumpy and messy, i need to go after it with a lash comb or anything that will remove the clumps. but in the end it is a good mascara, Because my lashed do look longer and thicker after using it.

-update-
so it been few months since i got it, i seirously never use it, its really bad, TOO clumpy.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by slivka81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a messy product.as other reviewers said, the brush is bulky and strange, the formula is very wet.I was ready to give this product a try because I was intrigued due to its extreme reviews.Unfortunately, I shall go along with the negative ones. I tried to apply it on 5 separate occasions; I even tried twice with different brushes (one comb and the other one brush-both from Maybelline mascaras). Still very messy,it ended up all over my eyelids, it made my eyes water and sting badly (my eyes are not particularly sensitive either, don't tend to have problems with other mascaras).I want my mascara to be easy to use, not spending ages trying to work out how to use it. This is another 'double edge' brush from Bourjois (The Liner effect mascara is the other one, I tried that one also). I don't get it why they do it, why complicate what should be a fairly easy and straightforward process? The last good mascara from Bourjois I had was perhaps 10 years ago and they don't make it anymore. I will avoid them completely from now on.
To sum up with one word - dreadful.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by milcha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this mascara in waterproof formula (blue tube) because I have tried some Bourjois products and so far I'm pretty satisfied with them. I was thinking, "well, why don't I try their mascara?"
The tube itself is pretty bulky and at 1st I don't like it. But now I just like to hold the tube in my hand for few minutes for no reason at all. So weird of me hahaha. But the brush is just too big and it has such weird shape! I don't have a long nor thick lashes so almost everytime I put this mascara on, I would likely make a mess, get the liquid all smeared on my lids, my lashes just stick to each other. I was a bit disappointed at 1st but I just couldn't stop wearing this thing because this mascara really make my lashes look very very thicker and bolder (which is great since I barely have lashes!), and it really IS waterproof! It lasts all day and not easy to remove (which is great for a waterproof, right?), I have to struggle a bit more with my cottonball and my Maybelline eye & lips make up remover but it can be cleaned after few wipes.
Anyway I already found a better way to wear this mascara: use it as top coat! First coat, I apply my usual Maybelline mascara (well, any mascara would be fine, I guess). Then for the final touch I apply this Bourjois mascara so it's less likely to get smeared all over my lids.
Would I like to buy this product again? Well...nope. Not because I hate it, but I think there's other great mascaras out there that have better brushes for my barely-there lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the waterproof version. I usually have a normal (non-waterproof) mascara and a waterproof one in my make-up bag and I tend to try other waterproof masaras but always seem to go back to this one!

I've knocked off a lippy because I couldn't imagine putting this on bare lashes - the brush is really odd, there's tons of product on the brush and unless you have big naturally luscious lashes to begin with, it could get very messy.....
However, put a couple of coats of your normal everyday mascara on, wait 60 seconds, then coat the lashes with this beauty. You'll never wear false eyelashes again! It dries pretty quick for a waterproof mascara and you'll have the most amazing thick falsh-lash effect (without looking disgustingly clumpy) all day - I travel a lot and this survives long haul flights without having to reapply.

I find Bourjois also flakes a lot less than most other (and higher priced) mascaras. I recommend as a waterproof top coat without a doubt!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ninaXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i admit i have an obsession with getting falshes which look almost fake by just using mascara, it may never happen but i am determind to keep trying, this mascara does provide long, voluminous but does sometimes make it seem as though you have 5 eyelashes because of bad clumping. i have cut down on clumping using the methods i have read via comments here and also just getting used to the brush, i curl my lashes everyday so i cannot comment on the curl. the mascara does stay on all day but sometimes does flake. overall a good mascara and i do like the thickness of the product. may purchchase again, and it does do what it says of the tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by LAMBaholic

I look for a thickening and volumising mascara, and this product definitely gives me what I want. One coat looks natural, two coats gives you BIG lashes. It's quite a dramatic look. It does tend to clump lashes a little, but careful application gives you the right sort of clump. I've bought this one a few times now. Not a good mascara if you're looking for definition and separation.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mmjmbd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

am like so so with this mascara .
POSITIVE:it give a thick effect which i like.
waterproof
CONS:it clump a lot . but i take a clean mascara brush to separate them .
its kinda flat at the end of the day .
there a lot of product on the brush that when you appli it , it like you are making an eyeliner with the mascara .
the brush is big .