Bourjois Volume Clubbing

3.2

This mascara was very hard to get off I found even with good makeup remover and flaked throughout the day sadly. It gave good volume and thickness and made my lashes look great I'm always looking for the false lash look but it just didn't last long and ended up giving me raccoon eyes also its very hard to get had to order it off eBay and I would not recommend this mascara at all

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know if the problem is this mascara or my awkward hands, but this product has been a terrible disappointment.
I've received this mascara in brown, as a gift with purchase. I didn't like the packing (too bulky), after opening the packing I didn't like the brush, but the real problem was that I just did not manage to apply the mascara from the wand onto my individual lashes. If I applied he product with a finger istead of the brush, the result would have been the same: all lashes glued together.
I like many other Bourjois products, but this mascara is just something I do not understand

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love this!!! Got the black jack mascara that I have repurchased 4/5 times and still love it. I'm a real mascara junkie and have short thin lashes so need all the help I can get. A couple of coats of this and my lashes are transformed! Also use this when I'm wearing false lashes which is good to blend them and sort of stick them to my own lashes. Says that it has gold in to make your eyes sparkle but I haven't noticed not that I'm fussed just love it.

I bought the new, Black Jack version of this mascara, that has little specks of gold in it, apparently to bring out the sparkle of your eyes. I was sceptical at first because i find Bourjois hit and miss, but i have used their clubbing mascara before and liked it so i thought i'd try this one, and i LOVE it.

I usually use Benefit's they're real! And that is my favourite mascara and if i was not an unemployed poor ex student i would have purchased that again, I find high street make up brands like Rimmel (i hate every mascara of theirs that i have ever tried) and Max factor (Million lashes excess? Crap). Alas i don't have 20 to burn and i think this is the poor womans best bet. I have rather thin lashes and i found that this thickened them up nicely, and more importantly for me since my lashes are very straight, it set the curl from my eyelash curlers. The mascara stays on all day and well into the night and it lengthens and volumises really well for a cheaper brand of mascara, i didn't sweat it off and i have found it really good when out in clubs. My only critisism would be that it is very hard to remove, but you can't have it all!

I was so impressed with it that i have just bought 2 more for 11, as in Boots at the moment (UK ladies) Bourjois is on 2 for 11 and this is fantastic value since Benefit's they're real! Is a whopping 18 for one tube. As for the gold specks, i didn't notice it to be honest, but perhaps it does make the eyes pop a bit more. I was certainly impressed with the overall effect!

All in all a perfect, well priced, good quality mascara, I like a dramatic eye so i layer lots and lots of this on to give me lovely fat lashes. Well done Bourjois, i'm impressed!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This mascara does a really good job in making your lashes look fuller and thicker. At first, I was surprised by the consistency of the mascara and the size of the brush. The brush is so big and it could be very difficult to work with when you are trying to use it on your lower lashes. The mascara is so thick, almost feels like a body lotion. Once you get used to the brush, this mascara really does what it said.

I have really oily eyelids, it smudges even for the waterproof version. That would be the only cons I could think of. Therefore, you do need to check with your mirror once in a while. Just to make sure the mascara didn't melt all over your eyelids.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Well, the opinions do vary on this product. I have bought this based on a suggestion of the store assistant. I was a bit surprised to see how big the brush and how wet the consistency was. I must admit, using it for the first time I did struggle a bit. Buttttt I figured out how it needs to be used and I don't look back since. The brush has 2 flat sides and 2 sides with bristles. You apply with the flat side first and then brush with the bristles. The result is stunning, really ! It makes my eyes look so big and the lashes are curled and have volume. They really frame the eyes beautifully. Best bit, doesn't flake and doesn't smudge. Me no likey panda eyes, SMH.... As always, I take off mascara with the best eye make up remover: Chanel. Read my review if you have any doubts. So no problems there. I love the mascara and will definitely repurchase. Sofar it hasn't dried out yet and I have been using it daily now for 5 weeks. I have tried so many mascaras you have no idea: Christian Dior, Estee Lauder, Chanel, Maybelline, MAC, L'Oreal and many more. I will stick with this one, trust me. I go on a beach holiday next week and bought the waterproof version yesterday to use during the holiday. When the normal one finishes I will buy the Ultra Black one. So, final say... I love it !! Update 14/11/2012: I'm on my 3rd tube and I'm still loving it !! No smudging whatsoever, stays put all day long !

I have tried the original volume clubbing mascara and was pleased with it so i thought i would give the waterproof version a try. I was so excited about this product, i went home tried it and was absolutely disappointed. Curled my lashes, a couple of strokes of mascara later.... flat lashes and no volume. It did not hold the curl what so ever. I tried curling again but nothing happened. I definately would not recommend this product! :))

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Its an okay mascara, my lashes do look longer after using it, buts its really clumpy and messy, i need to go after it with a lash comb or anything that will remove the clumps. but in the end it is a good mascara, Because my lashed do look longer and thicker after using it.

-update-
so it been few months since i got it, i seirously never use it, its really bad, TOO clumpy.

What a messy product.as other reviewers said, the brush is bulky and strange, the formula is very wet.I was ready to give this product a try because I was intrigued due to its extreme reviews.Unfortunately, I shall go along with the negative ones. I tried to apply it on 5 separate occasions; I even tried twice with different brushes (one comb and the other one brush-both from Maybelline mascaras). Still very messy,it ended up all over my eyelids, it made my eyes water and sting badly (my eyes are not particularly sensitive either, don't tend to have problems with other mascaras).I want my mascara to be easy to use, not spending ages trying to work out how to use it. This is another 'double edge' brush from Bourjois (The Liner effect mascara is the other one, I tried that one also). I don't get it why they do it, why complicate what should be a fairly easy and straightforward process? The last good mascara from Bourjois I had was perhaps 10 years ago and they don't make it anymore. I will avoid them completely from now on.
To sum up with one word - dreadful.

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought this mascara in waterproof formula (blue tube) because I have tried some Bourjois products and so far I'm pretty satisfied with them. I was thinking, "well, why don't I try their mascara?"
The tube itself is pretty bulky and at 1st I don't like it. But now I just like to hold the tube in my hand for few minutes for no reason at all. So weird of me hahaha. But the brush is just too big and it has such weird shape! I don't have a long nor thick lashes so almost everytime I put this mascara on, I would likely make a mess, get the liquid all smeared on my lids, my lashes just stick to each other. I was a bit disappointed at 1st but I just couldn't stop wearing this thing because this mascara really make my lashes look very very thicker and bolder (which is great since I barely have lashes!), and it really IS waterproof! It lasts all day and not easy to remove (which is great for a waterproof, right?), I have to struggle a bit more with my cottonball and my Maybelline eye & lips make up remover but it can be cleaned after few wipes.
Anyway I already found a better way to wear this mascara: use it as top coat! First coat, I apply my usual Maybelline mascara (well, any mascara would be fine, I guess). Then for the final touch I apply this Bourjois mascara so it's less likely to get smeared all over my lids.
Would I like to buy this product again? Well...nope. Not because I hate it, but I think there's other great mascaras out there that have better brushes for my barely-there lashes.

Popular Mascaras