NYX Mega Shine - La La

4.5

on 5/25/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got this in the mail today and have been wearing it almost all day. When I first opened the package, I was quite surprised at the color as it has a very HOT PINK hue to it and when I purchased it after browsing their page, I thought it has more of a watermelony-pinkish-peachy-color. And since I am an NC35, I dont wear colors that are too neon. But, once applied I realized its a wearable soft pink color.The texture is not too sticky or too runny either. And it has a lil shimmer to it. It also hydrates my lips very well. This lip gloss's staying power isnt too great nor is it too short. it is a lil in between, it stays for around 3 hours before having to reapply, it does not completely vanish but leaves your lips with a soft stain. I however hate the smell, as i felt that it smelt like those cough syrups our parents used to make us drink when we were kids. All in all, a great buy (USD 3.50)! totally recommended!
UPDATE: After using this awhile, i feel that i can feel the tiny sparkles of the lip gloss shine on my lips. Its like having super tiny grains residing on your lips-not great. And i have come to really hate the smell, to the point of puking. The cherry-cough syrup smell is overwhelming! and therefore i'm taking another lippie off!

on 4/23/2011 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great value lip gloss. Not too sticky or over drippy. Almost lipstick like.
Don't be frightened by the bubble-gum Barbie pink colour. It actually delivers a very natural looking pink if used directly on lips without a lipstick undercoat. Or you can ramp the colour up or down with a lipstick undercoat.
Smells like cherries. Will definitely be buying more NYX Mega shine colours.

Love this shade! Sheer but still bright! Makes my lips look like a just ate a frozen cherry popsicle.

on 1/30/2011 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a really pretty cool bright barbie fuchsia pink. Definitely a sheer wash of color but definitely very beautiful. I got this on sale, and I like more natural shades better so I dont wear this one as much but nonetheless a very pretty color for a night out.

on 11/5/2010 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

ARRRRGHHH!! I wanted so much to have this be such a great gloss for me. It isn't. Great--that is. At Ulta. Saw the color in the tube and it was breathtakingly pretty. Such a bright pink--but not neon. Just right. I figured with my coloring it would be a nice gloss.

Unfortunately, my lips are sooooooooooo heavily pigmented that I should just give on any color at all and just stick to ever-so-light pink and neutral shades. *Sigh*.

I'm giving this four stars though because others need to know that this gloss is really good quality. The staying power is better than my MAC lipgloss. I am a NYX fan so I'll just have to go back to Ulta to see if I can find a more neutral shade.

Honestly, if you have the right natural pigmentation in your lips for this shade--try it..It is a beautiful shade.

on 7/16/2010 1:16:00 AM

OK...this smells and tastes like cherry Kool Aid...awesome! It is such a pretty shade of pink. By itself, it is a nice pop of color but not too opaque. It transforms color based on the lipstick you wear underneath. Perfect for wearing over a good stain. The staying power is pretty good and you can not beat the price. Animal cruelty free. Such a great buy.

on 5/6/2010 11:34:00 PM

I really like this gloss! I have been looking for a cute "summery" pink gloss...not too crazy, but not dull. After reading reviews, I decided to go to Ulta and pick up La La.
When I got there I began to have second thoughts...in the tube it is REALLY bright pink. NYX products were BOGO so I figured what the heck. To my surprise it is a really pretty pink...I'm not sure how to explain it...it's just a really nice color and gives me a nice "glow" like many other reviews have mentioned. It also has a fruity scent that is nice as well.
Don't be scared by the tube color - I recommend this gloss!
For reference I am NC25.

on 3/3/2010 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this lipgloss! It goes on smooth and it doesn't leave a sticky feel. It's very pigmented and i can wear it alone without any lipstick or lipliner. Some people might not like the smell, it smells like cherry medicine or a cherry tootsie roll pop (something cherry), but I honestly like the smell. Overall, I would 100% buy and recommend this product to anyone and everyone!

on 2/23/2010 2:33:00 PM

Love these glosses and this color is soo pretty. not too bright on the lips, but just enough color. Its smooth and non sticky.

on 2/17/2010 12:20:00 PM

Great color! I love that this gloss has the right amount of pigmentation. It shows up, yet it's not over the top. I'd say it's still somewhat sheer, but it does give you a nice wash of color. It's a pretty bubblegum pink with a hint of peach in it. It even smells like bubblegum to me. I like that is goes on really smooth and isn't sticky. The packaging is really cute too! Great for pink lipgloss lovers like me! I'd definitely repurchase. I bought a set of 6 NYX glosses on eBay for a great combined price and love all of the colors so far.

Popular Lip Glosses