Colorful - Neutral Protein Filler

4.5

Aqua, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (and) Wheat Oligosaccharides, Keratin Amino Acids, Aloe Barbadensis, Humulus Lupulus, Urtica Dioica, 1, 3, Bis(Hydroxymethyl)5, 5 Dimethylimidazolidine-2, 4 Dione, Methyl ester 4 Hydroxybenzoic Acid, Tetrasodium Edta, Polysorbate-20, Parfum.

I've never written a review before but this product is such a miracle that I feel compelled to share. I had bleached white blonde hair with about an inch and a half of regrowth and I wanted to go strawberry blonde. I used a few strawberry blonde toners but they washed out very quickly so I decided to go copper. I put aside all my better judgement and colored it with Wella Titian red blonde. Obviously the roots were strawberry blonde and the bleached ends were a mucky mauvey pink. It was hideous. In the wake of a midnight judgement lapse i ran to Safeway to try and color it again. I bought a light auburn shade that turned my roots orangey brown and the ends a murky greenish ash. Not only was my hair the most hideous color ever it was also very brittle and fried. There was major breakage on my crown as well. :( deeeeevastating. I somehow refrained from calling in sick to work and ran to Sally's straight after. I picked up the neutral protein filler, ion color brilliance demi in a light copper shade, and 3 hydrating hair masks. I followed the instructions on the bottle and let it process for 20 mins, then put the color on. When I rinsed it all out I had the most beautiful, even, shiny copper red color. My hair even feels much healthier! It was the happiest moment since my wedding vows. This product is a life saver!!! I will definitely be using it every time I color!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been silvery/platinum blonde for about 6 months and I wanted to go back to a more natural color while I was growing my hair out. I had about 1/2 inch roots of my natural ash brown and the rest was still platinum. I had heard horror stories of bleached hair grabbing green or grey when trying to cover so thought I'd give this a try and am SO glad I did!!

I followed the directions on the back by applying it to wet hair, leaving for 20 minutes, then applied the color (Medium Red Neutral Blonde/7RN with a 20 volume developer.) My roots and bleached hair all came out evenly toned with the roots a bit darker but over all a really natural looking strawberry blonde which is exactly what I was hoping for!

It also left my hair shiny and silky. I am so glad I found this stuff!

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I can't believe I didn't know about this lil gem sooner! This is a must if you are coloring (esp coloring your own hair), heat styling, etc. I used this before I colored my hair recently and I believe it helped tremendously. My hair is fine, curly, and very porous. My hair grabs color like crazy. Often my hair ends up way darker than I want even when using a much lighter color. After using this, my hair is only a wee bit darker than I would like (no biggie with demi since it will lighten with a few washes), soft, shiny, and doesn't feel or look damaged. I love this product and I really love the price!!!! Can't beat it.

I love this stuff so much! I use the #3 platinum and I first used it on my mom with fantastic results! It neutralized all her brass and it allowed me to dye her hair a light ash brown. Now to me I used One N Only dye in Natural light blonde instead of ash because I was thinking it's just my roots how bad could it be? Oh no it was so brassy and gold and I'm a natural blonde. So, I used white lady on my roots and it's fantastic. Today I did the #3 protein filler from my neck down to the back of my hair which is to my waist. I added a little to some extra brassy spots on top. After I put the filler in I used Wella Colour Charm Demi in lightest ash blonde or 10NA.

I applied it through and I'm happy to report my hair is even and ashy blonde again. I still have more brass to pull because I want to go platinum. But at least now my hair is in good shape to take the next step.I will always use this to refresh my colour. It makes it so soft and the purple in conjunction with the demi. Was just what I needed to get an even ash blonde. Love this stuff it's easy and it's so cheap at Sally's I get it 20% off with my student discount. Seriously I will be stocking up because it's that good. Recommended!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been coloring my hair since I was 14, which is nearly 20 years of coloring. I have very fine hair that is naturally a very ashy level 6-7. In 20 years my hair has been everything from ultra light ash blonde, to jet black and even some vibrant unnatural shades. This is a must if you are doing drastic color changes at home. Yes some things are best left to the pros, but this is a miracle product if you are changing your hair color by more than two shades at home. I have used this to successfully take my hair from blonde to brown without turning green. This is also helpful when bleaching/lightening hair to help control porosity. Yes it's a pain to use, and I highly suggest getting a small spray bottle. There are so many more expensive products in much fancier packaging, but the proof is in the pudding.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I typically don't write reviews but I am so impressed by the effectiveness of this product that I feel obligated to do so. After running through almost every protein/restorative hair product at Ulta and every salon in Orlando, I finally came across Colorful's Neutral Protein Filler. I'm 35 and have been coloring and heat styling my hair for almost 15yrs. Lately (the past year) my hair has refused to hold haircolor past one shampoo. I was almost ready to go Britney and shave it off. I read the raving reviews for Colorful but figured it couldn't be that great if it's only $4. But I had tried everything else and had nothing to lose so I ordered it. Why didn't I find this sooner?! I am absolutely amazed by my results! I followed the directions on the label and after only one use my hair has done a 180! I went from an overprocessed birdnest to vibrant, silky, supermodel hair. I now use it once a month as a restorative treatment and my hair is in fantastic condition! At $6/bottle you should definitely stock up.

One word: Amazing. My hair is literally DEAD from bleaching and colouring to the point where no colour or toner would hold. I bleached my hair to a level 9/10 blonde and after a year I wanted to go darker. My hair turned green when I tried to dye it. Even at professional salons they told me to just give up and get a pixie cut. After doing weeks of research and trying a whole bunch of different methods that failed, I read about protein fillers. This product was hard to get a hold of. Maybe that's because I live in Canada. Also, there isn't enough information about it on the internet. I ordered it online and had to pay shipping but it was totally worth it. I got it in #6 gold. I never write reviews for stuff but I think everyone who dyes their hair needs to know about this product. It is a miracle product. Put this stuff in your hair, let it process for 15-20 mins, then apply your darker blonde colour and voila.

I just don't seem to have luck with this product. I used the Red and Neutral on separate occasions. I followed the directions exactly and also tried a few tips I had learned from fellow fake redheads like myself. I do use boxed dye from the drugstore, however, so that may have worked against me (garnier nutrisse in light intense auburn). There were a few pro's with each product though: both seemed to bring out deeper red tones in the auburn dye, both made application much easier (they seemed to detangle my hair) and both dramatically decreased the amount of dye that I needed--I usually need 1 and 1/2 to 2 bottles, but one bottle saturated my hair perfectly with some leftover (length is a few inches past my shoulders). When my hair does begin to fade, it fades to more of a dusty blue-red tone rather than brassy orange. That's where the benefits stop for me. The red is soapy, the neutral is not. When I tried using the red in a spray bottle (even diluted), it came out as a straight shot (rather than a mist) before clogging the nozzle, but the neutral is much thinner and sprayed flawlessly. The red stains everything, the neutral does not. Neither evened out my hair color. I have one small section that was previously bleached (but not fried) and the red only turned it a brighter, fire engine red, while the neutral turned it a fiery orange. My ends are still dramatically darker than the middle and top portions of my hair and the neutral even gave me very HOT ROOTS, which i've never experienced with the red or touching up the color alone. Even the bottoms of my choppy layers are dramatically darker than the top. I had such high hopes for this product, I'm very disappointed. However, they are very affordable, so I may purchase them again when I better acclimate myself with using processional color and developer instead of box dye. Hopefully if I make that switch, I'll be able to report back with a different tune.
EDIT: finally got around to using professional color instead of boxed and the results are better than with the box dye, but i'm still not 100% satisfied. No hot roots and my bleached spot is slightly closer to the rest of my color, I definitely don't recommend using this with a box color specifically made for dark hair like I had in the past. My hair might just be stubborn, but I do see a slight improvement!

I'm thrilled with this filler! Wish I'd found it years ago.

I have baby fine, light blond hair (level 8 or 9). I usually have a mix of natural highlights in summer and bleached highlights in winter. I recently added bangs which messed with my highlight pattern, and led to a weird patchy mix of shades - brassy in spots and platinum in others.

I'd tried toning before with Wella T10 (Ivory Lady), 10 vol developer for 10 mins. The color was terrible, purple/grey at the ends and highlights and unchanged at the brassier roots. Luckily it washed out quickly. I found this protein filler mentioned on the hair board and decided to try the same toner again with the filler.

I applied the filler as per the label (20 mins), then toned the same way as before. The results were PERFECT! No purple/grey tinge in the more porous spots, and the parts that didn't take color last time took it this time. Even color, brassiness gone, and exactly what I needed.

This stuff rocks. Next I'm going to try it as a hair treatment. Although not more than once a month as I understand too much protein can be damaging.

I use this not for dyeing hair as it's intended, but rather as a cheap and highly effective protein treatment.

My hair really craves protein, the more the better as far as it's concerned. So I like to do a daily treatment combined with a biweekly deeper treatment...I use this as my deep treatment. Out of the smaller bottle, I was able to get four treatments by diluting portions of it with water just before use. I wash my hair with shampoo, and then turn off the tap and work this through my hair. I leave it in and let it air dry until it gets crunchy, and then wash it out and follow up with a nice conditioner. This keeps my hair in fantastic condition, and somehow brings out the natural waves in my hair. For such a low price, you really can't beat this as a protein treatment.

EDIT: I've discovered other ways to use this. I now mix a bit of it into my regular conditioner for daily protein boosts, and I also like to make a leave in conditioner with a smidge of this as well. Obviously, don't use all at once unless you're looking for protein overload, but this product is really insanely versatile for those who have protein loving hair.