SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 4/27/2015 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I live in Malaysia, at the heart of the capital. My skin is very sensitive since I have asthma and sinusitis, and I'm highly allergic to many things mainly dust, pollen and makeup. So I'm bare faced everyday, I don't even use eye liners or face powder. I would say my skin is o-kay but my friends tell me apart from my panda dark circles, it's flawless... When in fact I have a lot of blackheads on the nose area. Anyway, I recently had a horrible acne outbreak due to weather and dust. My dermatologist prescribed me with Octenisan as cleanser and Papulex moisturiser. These two did reduce my allergies. But after about a month I started getting blemishes on my forehead and along my jawline, something I have not developed for two years. My scars weren't fading either. My face was hideous the entire month with post acne scars all over. So I did what any other daughters would do, I stole my mom's SK-II full-sized FTE lol I used it every night for 3 weeks. I know you're supposed to dab with a cotton pad 100 times but I didn't have the patience for that; I just swiped it across my face and neck up-down-left-right like I would with a toner. I stopped Papulex and Octenisan, and switched to my usual products- MooGoo cleanser, MooGoo Full Cream moisturiser, and Dermalogica toner while I was using this FTE.1st WEEK: my complexion was somewhat fairer. Post acne scars still sitting there on my face. 2nd WEEK: my dark circles appeared lighter, surprisingly.. Since I had a lot of submissions that week. A few small acne scars slightly lightened. 3rd WEEK: 99% of post acne scars disappeared. Smaller pores. Brighter complexion. Skin tone evened out. My skin seemed less shiny/oily during the day. (Keep in mind it is really humid here and I don't use makeup. So my combination skin usually 'melts' under the hot sun). I'm currently in the 4th WEEK: not planning to return the FTE to Mom lol I've been taking weekly pictures to keep track of my progress. Will update this review should anything changes :)

on 4/25/2015 9:09:00 PM

This does absolutely nothing for my face. I've been religiously splashing it on after every time I wash my face for the last 5 months, and it's made no difference in any skin quality whatsoever. I gave it 2 stars because it wasn't destructive, didn't do anything bad, but it didn't do anything good either. What a ripoff.

I use Retin-A about once a week and SkinActives Antioxidant Serum; I'm not sure if those two are so effective that nothing else can really make a dent, but nonetheless, I would not recommend buying this to anyone.

on 4/15/2015 9:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for about 3 weeks by now, and I would say that magic does happen! The first week I used this, it didn't do anything apparent on my skin. The second week my husband said my face looked brighter but I personally didn't see anything significant. And yes, some major improvements occur in the third week. My skin texture becomes smoother and firmer than ever! It feels like my skin is born again. When I touch it, it's really soft and I can feel that it is clean from any impurities that usually caused some lumps and bumps on the surface. It makes my makeup sit really more beautifully on the face, at least it boosts my confidence. However, it seems that those are the only magic that this product can do. It won't heal acne scars I already have, and it won't prevent blackhead and pimples, even though it helps to prevent new scars and accelerate the process of healing. These are why it took off one lippie. I highly consider buying this product again, because although it's super expensive for a freakin' clear water, it would cost me around the same amount to go to skin clinics to get and maintain this kind of look. So why waste time if you can treat your skin at home.

on 3/17/2015 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN: 27 years old, Dehydrated most times (but DRY in winter, sometimes Oily in summer), Sensitive to a lot of products, Asian (but with a tanned/olive complexion), Australian climate.

PROs:
Its one of those products that is just hard to explain. I don't know why it works, but it just does. My skin feels baby-soft, light and fresh all the time. I wouldn't go without it because I feel without it, my skin can't "breathe". (I went a week without it because I forgot to bring it on my trip)". It refines my pores, and makes my skin more tolerant to what I will be applying on top. The consistency is just like water but feels a million times better. It doesn't make me break out either.

CONs:
The packaging is pretty bad. The bottle is very heavy, especially if you're like me and move around a lot and have so many other products to carry, it adds up. Also, I don't like the way it pours, I always find it slips through the cracks in between my fingers and for the amount you pay, every drop lost feels like 5 bucks gone! SKII, please put it in a spray/spritz bottle!!!! The smell is another thing. I don't mind the smell of it at first, but once it hits your skin, its a whole different smell!

on 3/11/2015 8:59:00 PM

I want to review this one . I' m sorry for grammar mistake , my english is not that good .This one made my nightmare come true !!
At first 2 weeks: it makes my skin incredibly soft but it makes my skin kinda dull
After 2 weeks : Oh myyy .. it makes my skin very rough ( whitehead all over my cheeks ) , my mom said my skin look very dull , and it makes my cheeks, nose, all over my face Red ( not a pinkish glow I usually have on my face ) . Sk ii made my skin breakout . Then I go to SK II counter , then the SA told me to stop using any other product and she told me that what happen on my face called PURGING . When I back to home , I did what the SA told me , I throw all my skin care product and only use SK II product : that time I bought many of them maybe I spend around $ 1000 . It makes me sad
After few month ( 6 month ) later : Nothing changed to better .my skin condition is getting worse and worse it made my skin very sensitive and rough . It makes my mom angry because I spend to much money on SK II product . I will never believed that my skin is only PURGING this is called Breakout ( coz i never used cream from doctor or something that can be harsh for my skin , before I use SK II I use etudehouse ) . I heard that if you got purging , it will dissappear after 1-4 months . But , it does not . Even after i used this around 6 months , the purging reaction doesnt dissapear .
Conclusion : maybe the ingridients of SK II is too much for my young skin ( Im still 15 y.o) or maybe the product itself is bad . I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY HAD A GOOD SKIN CONDITION OR YOUNG SKIN ( NOT MATURE AGE ) BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE UR SKIN CONDITION IN THE WORST STATE YOU EVER FELT . Now I am using Skinfood from korea ( I already use it around 2 weeks ) cause my face breakout from using SK II . It mades my sensitive face ( i got sensitive its all thanks to SK II ) less redness , less rough . Let see a few months later what will happen ( did skinfood makes my skin condition worsen or more good ).
Notes : I will never bought this ever again. And I will give all my SK II to my aunty .

on 2/23/2015 12:31:00 PM

i started using SK II FTE since last 2 months. I really want to try the product, because i heard lot of positive effects it has made. After all, alot of people i've known who use SKII FTE, have this clear looking crsytal skin.

Before i comment on the product, i think, i should tell you, a little bit about my skin condition. I have a combination with acne prone skin. Starting from last 2 years, my skin suddenly breaking out of reason. I had lot of pimples, and it really has negative effect on my confidence.:( Since then, i've been trying lot of products, but it doesnt go that well. Most products dry my skin, and it makes things even worse.

And then, after consuming collagen, and use natural way which i applied grapeseed oil onto my face every night, drink lots of water, and think less bout my acne, my face got better day by day. However, the acne marks are all over my face. I lost what it called ' radiance'.

So, im thinking, why not try SKII FTE, plus this year i'll turn 24, so i have to change my skin destiny starting from now on. Hence, I bought it online, from Luxola and after a week, the product safely arrived.

I use the FTE by pour a few drops on my palm and warm in between my hands and next tapping on my face. This is done after clean and toning my face.

The effects:
1-2 weeks :: my face is glowing!! it make my cheeks a bit firmer and plump. It is also soften my skin. Acne marks are also slowly fades.

3-4 weeks : I lost the glowing, and my skin start to breaking out. I believe this is due to purging effect, but i dont have any idea why the purging start on 3rd weeks. hmmm but thinking about the price i has paid, i decided to continue the product. I start to think positively, like you've been having bad acne before, this purging effect is nothing compared to the bad acne i had before. and i also searched online about the purging. A lot of people, has experienced it, some stop it, some cheapskates like me, continue to use it.

5 weeks - till now :: my skin never have been this better. im glad i decided to continue the product and have faith with it. I think, what most important thing to do during the purging phase is have some faith. Now my skin is more radiant, more plump, softer & firmer. Of cos, when that time in a month, i got pimple one or two, but it heals faster and guess what, no red marks are left.!

About the price, even though it is more on the higher side, but it could last you a long time. I used a 75ml bottle, but after 2 months of daily use ( twice daily) i still have half of it. I guess 75ml can last you up to 4 months.

Of i forgot to mention about the texture of the product. Ok, it is watery like texture, the smell is distinctive, but it didnt bothers me,( actually i kinda like the smell), and everytime i apply it on my face, there is coldness sensation i dont know how to put it in words, but it is like you apply water on your face and it is cool. and you'll look and feel fresher afterward. It doesnt feel sticky or dries your skin.

All in all, im really happy with this product and it has lived up to the hype. I dont mind, spending my $$ on this good stuff. I hope in next 10 years of using this my skin would be like Cate Blanchett :DD

on 2/12/2015 4:16:00 AM

I bought it after reading up many reviews on this product. I hate that it is just too pricey. Nevertheless, it does work its "magic" on my skin. Thou it has only been 2 weeks since, but I can see and feel the difference after trying it out!!
I've tried many products in the market, but frankly none really leave much of an impression on me.
Yeah, I know you might be thinking that I am simply exaggerating on this product review, but seriously? AM NOT!!
The past 2 weeks all I did was, wash my face with my usual cleanser, applied an off-the- shelve toner and simply dab this essence onto my face.
And the result? Simply happy with it... My skin seems to be fairer, smoother and I can feel the difference especially around my T-zone (which is pretty oily before this). Oh well, sometimes you just have got to give some to get some, right? (The price I mean)
Even thou it does burned a hole in my wallet, but again if the product works.. then, there is simply nothing to stop me from buying it again.
Am gonna continue with it and probably try out the other facial products too!!
Overall: A BIG Thumbs up!!! (Psst... especially after getting compliments about how my skin seems to be more radiant now.)

on 2/10/2015 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always wanted to try this for years due to the hype - but the price point is crazy! I finally took the plunge with a discount from an e-tailer and have been using it for about two months now.

Claims:
The website states that "spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated. Skin becomes breathtakingly crystal clear."

My experience:

Just as a background I use the FTE like this: Hada Labo lotion (moisturizing toner) -> SKII FTE -> Hada Labo Milk (moisturizer). It looks and feels like water so I'm always really careful while pouring it out (so expensive!), smooth it all over my face with my palms and pat it down. My skin absorbs it really quickly, which is good because I wouldn't want it to sit there and evaporate away, and doesn't add any time to my routine at all.

1) Spots: I don't really have pigmentation/ sun spots but I do have acne scars. I don't think the FTE really makes a difference to my scars as they are quite bad and would require laser treatments. However, I've definitely noticed that my skin has been fairer and lighter after just a few days of use. No kidding! Even my younger brother, a gamer nerd who will NEVER comment on my skin, said I looked so fair the other day. So I am guessing this will have a positive effect on pigmentation if you have any as it does have an overall lightening effect on skin.

2) Wrinkles: I don't have any deep wrinkles as I'm in my mid 20s, but I do have fine lines under my eyes. Nope, this doesn't do anything for that! Maybe in the long run?

3) Skin texture: I have no idea what a "refined" skin texture should feel like, but using the FTE makes my skin sooooo soft, fresh, and dewy, like baby's skin! It's also really refreshing to use, and I feel that it gives my skin an extra boost of moisture that really gets absorbed.

4) Firmness: I don't really have any issues with firmness so no comment.

5) Radiance: YES! As mentioned in point 1 the most obvious results I got from this product is that my skin is definitely fairer and brighter. Like some reviews I've read, there's almost this illuminating effect to your face, and it's especially obvious at night under white artificial lights. It's almost as if my skin is able to reflect light. Sounds crazy, but you have to try it for yourself to know! Also, I have yellow undertones to my skin that sometimes makes me look sallow, but I noticed that after using this my skin tone became more neutral/ whiter instead. I recently purchased a new foundation and to my surprise was matched to the "neutral" undertone shade instead of the yellow one (Dior 20 instead of 21).

In short, this works for me and does wonders for brightening my yellow toned complexion. Took 1 lippie off because so far that's the only result I am getting, it's definitely not a "miracle" or "cure all" product. I still have acne scars, large pores (oh the woes of an oily skinned girl), and fine lines, but then again I have pretty terrible skin to start with, so it may take some time. Maybe I'll do an update after I've finished the whole bottle if there are any long term effects!

on 1/18/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is mega expensive. I kind of hate that it works so well, because now I have to fork over the money to buy it again because I like it! I have dry sensitive skin, and this has made my 35 year old face look like it is 22. Luckily I don't have wrinkles yet, but I do worry about sun damage, and think my skin has lost a certain amount of "lustre" as I have gotten older. This is has brought it back. When I use it at night under my moisturizer, I wake up with a fresh bright dewy face. Something my moisturizer on it's own wouldn't do.

on 1/16/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm what is up with the hype?
I used up the whole bottle and nothing happened.
I use Clarins and Aesop toners regularly, and adding this in or subtracting it in
my daily routine made absolutely no difference to my skin.
Now I think of it, I haven't been using it
for about a year, and my skin is better...
I used it because I got it as a present, but I think many people just think it is good
and believe it is good because they want to justify spending much money on a bottle
of water.
Go see a dermatologist or a get a facial and massages, maybe you will see a difference, but absolutely not from this. Or use Aesop serums, at least they have pretty bottles to satisfy cosmetic vanity. I didn't even like having this bottle around because it is old lady looking and it does nothing. A silly product.
(bought at a department store counter)

Popular Treatments (Face)