Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 1/22/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had wanted to try this product for so long after watching all the rave 'youtube' reviews a few years back. Now that I had gotten my hands on it, I'm not so sure I believe the hype. While the product provides adequate length and separation, not much can be said for the volume aspect. I was severely disappointed after several coats the mascara looked meek and limp in my lashes. I have naturally fairly long and thick eyelashes but this did not do much for them.

I am aware that is almost identical to the max factor false lash effect which I was also disappointed by. Again, it provided minimal length and volume, even after being built up after a couple layers. However, with all this being said, the look it gives is clean, separated natural looking lashes which do not feel crunchy and last all day without flaking or crumbling off. So if you are after a solid natural looking mascara then you could give this a go, although I do believe there are more affordable ones out that there that give the same effect or better.

on 1/21/2015 5:37:00 PM

I tried this as it was marketed in guru land as like They're Real by Benefit. It's actually really close. I put one on one eye and one on the other and I could barely tell. They're Real was a bit longer lashed, but this is close enough that if you like that you'll probably like this.

on 1/11/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a pretty good everyday mascara. It adds volume and length with only a few coats and it makes my lashes super dark. I havent experienced any flaking or raccoon eyes with this mascara however I will say this thing is a pain in the butt to take off. It gets to the point where I dont even want to put it on bc I know itll take forever to take off at night :/

on 1/6/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Ths mascara did not do much for me either.I bought it based on numerous good reviews. I have fairly long lashes. It didnt volumize or lengthen, just coated it with color. Only reason i didnt give it 1 star was because it didnt clump my lashes or transfer onto my lids , even after numerous layers. I had a nyc mascara that did so much more than this.

For reference i am mac nw43 to nc 45 based on season.

on 1/5/2015 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara! 100% my HG. I first tried it when I was 18 (nearly 5 years ago) and it is still a favourite of mine! Only problem is, I live in Ireland which makes it near impossible to get! So when anyone I know is going to the US I always ask for a few backups because I never want to be without it. I know the max factor mascara false lash effect is basically the same product but I can't really bring myself to spend 15 when I know it's a 3rd of the price elsewhere lol.
I really love the effect it has on my lashes. It makes the look longer and adds so much volume but just doesn't clump!

on 12/22/2014 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This masacara is below average. It doesn't make lashes clumpy, but it doesn't do much to enhance them either. I also noticed some flaking. The brush is terrible and a little too large

on 12/20/2014 4:14:00 AM

This is my HG mascara. I always get Blackest Black. It doesn't flake or melt into raccoon eyes for me and that it a big deal since every other mascara I have ever tried ends up on my cheeks by the end of the day. I have actually slept with it on (I know, a big no-no) and was still flake and smear free the next morning. Since I have oily skin and eyelids, every other brand I have purchased must be in the waterproof kind, but I can get by with just the regular kind with this one. I constantly get asked if I am wearing false lashes and complimented on my pretty lashes by people. I have repurchased this a hundred times it seems. The only cons I have: it does have a funky chemical type odor to it, so those that are sensitive to scents may want to steer clear, it can be difficult to remove and I do not like the waterproof formula. It was too dry and didn't seem to give my lashes the oomph that the regular formula does.

on 12/19/2014 8:49:00 PM

Ehhh, I don't get the hype, it's ok. My HG drugstore mascara's are from Maybelline or L'oreal. This one doesn't really do anything other than tint your lashes to make them look darker in my experience. I don't get it. Not even good enough for a daytime/work mascara

on 12/17/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I don't normally wear mascara

I have tried sooooo many mascaras (mainly high end ones - Lancome, Dior, Chanel, Too Faced, etc) and this one is among my top 3 (the other 2 being Chanel and Diorshow, respectively). I got tired of splurging on an item that I barely ever use and went to the drug store to see what I could find. I bought this one and have been very happy with it.

Pros
- One of the major pros of this mascara (that, in my opinion, all Lancome mascaras lack) is the ability to not transfer on your undereye area. It stays put - on your eyelashes.
- Inexpensive
- I find the bright orange packaging cute
- Big wand that I like

Cons
- Has a weird (not so much weird as just "there") smell and different texture that I did not find with the higher end mascaras I recommend (Chanel and Dior).

Verdict: buy it if you're looking to not spend lots of money on a decent mascara

on 12/8/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG mascara. I have never had it flake on me, smear, clump, or irritate my super sensitive eyes. I love the brush because I can really get in between the lashes to get them separated and coated. I can't tell you how many tubes of this I have purchased, and will continue to purchase. It gives you nice thick full lashes that don't get clumpy and you can put a ton of product on without looking like you're wearing a gross amount of mascara. I've been asked a ton of times if I had lash extensions while wearing it. It also is great for layering with other mascaras if you like that. I've used it with the lengthening L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes and they're a great combo, as well as with the Jordana Best Lash Extreme. 10/10 will buy as long as they make it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials