April 24, 2014 | 1857 users online

Conditioner - Kiehls - Olive Fruit Oil Nourishing Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by micacat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to give this a higher rating, because the smell is fantastic, it's light, herbal, sweet and fruity whereas the Kiehl's Sunflower conditioner has a fresh, fruity fragrance, this one is warmer from the olive oil. For the record, I have very dry, wavy/curly, hilited hair that is VERY prone to frizz in the Florida humidity, so I need a med-heavy conditioner. This one is medium density, not overly thick, but not too runny. It does not slip as easily through my hair as the Sunflower conditioner, and my hair does not feel as moisturized after rinsing out but only marginally so. Reading other reviews, I think I would like the OIive Oil pak better. But, for the smell alone, I would buy this product again. I love the new conditioners Kiehl's has been coming out with, and, if need something with more moisture, I highly recommend the Sunflower conditioner for color-treated hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought a small 75ml tube online, just to be able to test this. The Kiehl's Herbal Treatment Shampoo is my HG meanwhile so I was looking forward to test other products by this brand. The conditioner has, like most products, its pros and cons. Pros: The scent is heavenly: fresh, fruity, delicious. Once applied it's supposed to soak for two to three minutes. Afterwards the hair feels incredibly soft. A feeling no other conditioner has been able to provide so far and I've tested a few really good ones. After blow-drying (cold air only) my hair is really sleek & silky. No need for mousse or some other styling product. I do apply a little bit of the conditioner as a leave-in, though. About the cons: It contains silicones, yuck. I am aware of what silicones do to hair and that most of the silky and soft feeling is probably provided by them. I used to use cone-free conditioners for years up until now so I'm torn. I love how my hair feels yet I'm unhappy with applying silicones. Dilemma, no? And another let-down: It doesn't help with frizz. Humidity is my own personal enemy and as soon as there's a little air moisture, the sleek look is gone. Bummer. So I'm taking off one lippie for the silicones, but I can live with the frizz and I love the overall feeling of my hair. I'm fairly sure I'll buy a huge bottle once I'm done with my small one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by flowix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been going to the beach and swimming a lot as the weather has been lovely here but I've noticed my ends starting to split and my hair starting to loose its shine and becoming frizzy. I never thought I would ever spend this much on a conditioner but after reading all the rave reviews (and my ultimate love of Kiehl's products), I decided to splurge on this conditioner.

I use one big dollop (I have mid-waist length hair), spread it in my palms and drag it down through my hair. I leave it on for about 3-5 minutes while I scrub my body, and when I wash it off, I knew - instant HG! This is some AMAZING stuff. Even after drying my hair, my hair texture felt even better than before - extremely soft and silky with a bit of shine to it as well!

I am tempted to take one lippie off because of the RIDICULOUSLY expensive price tag, however, because this is honestly the best and most effective conditioner I've EVER used, I will have to say that I will definitely repurchase and recommend with 5 lippies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best conditioners I've ever used hands down!! Love it!! For my hair... fine hair.. but lots of it..... color treated... it works great after shampooing with castile soap (Dr. Bronner's to be exact). I won't use shampoo with sodium lauryl sulfate ever again!! ----------- I use this conditioner and leave on for a few minutes... My hair is SO SOFT...LUMINOUS and smells good. Only problem with this is Kiehl's really needs to pull out the Parabens and replace with a natural preservative. This is why I rated the product 4 lippies instead of 5........ But for preformance and overall results... this is an exceptional conditioner!!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

To be honest, I never thought that different conditioners and shampoos could have that much of a difference on my hair. Until i tried this. Within ONE wash, my hair was smoother, shinier, and my ends (previously dry, rough and literally straw-like), were soft!

Seriously amazing.

really very expensive though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Wings

A really great conditioner. It keeps my dry hair soft, supple and shiny. What more can I say. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, the hair pak & shampoo are HG for me but this is just so so. I was using the hair pak as my regular conditioner (wash my hair every other day) as the SA at Nords. recommended and was getting fab results. I just started to think that it might build up or something so I bought this for regular use. I'm exchanging this for the pak and leaving well enough alone! btw, for regular use I just left the pak on for 1-3 minutes and then longer 1x/wk. Worked great for my long hi-lighted hair...no frizzies or dryness and no weigh down. UPDATE: OK-bumped it up a lippie. This is pretty good to alternate w/the olive pak. I just use the pak about 2xwk. instead of 1. I also really like their Amino Acid daily conditioner (maybe even more than this for daily conditioning).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by DaynaMichele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this would be a great conditioner for someone with less dry ends than I have. It is advertised as being for very damaged, stressed hair, but I don't really find it does any better in the moisturizing department than my Biolage Conditioning Balm did. I have the Olive Fruit Oil Hair Pak and LOVE it..it has the exact same scent as the conditioner but it way more moisturizing. The packaging is great: it's a squeeze tube. Won't repurchase because I need more moisture -- but if you have healthier, less dry hair, give this a shot. It's by no means a bad product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by daniargie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with the mask from this line so I bought this conditioner.
Its really good. Left my hair silky soft and with no frizz.
I even forgot to use a serum cause my hair was just so smooth that I didnt panic in front of the mirror like I normally do.
Its moisturizing, a little goes a long way (it does, and I have very long hair) no heavy cones (just one, Amodimethicone) and no build up!
Great one.

Update: This weights my fine hair down :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the worst condtioners I have tried ever. It dries my hair,makes it freezy and not manageable. I blow dry my hair weekly in a salon and I usually bring my products,but with this my hair looked horrible,even when dried by the same stylist. I gave the "conditioner"to my 2 daughters-ages 18 and 10 and they didn't like it either. The bottle is about 3/4 full....a waste of money,specially considering that I had to wait almost a month because it was not inmediately available at the local Kiehls.