August 30, 2014 | 1743 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by teenagemakeupfreak101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is SUCH a nice product! I got a tester and LOVED as it just makes your skin so glowy and healthy looking and it helps to even out your skin tone PERFECTLY! But DUN DUN DUN!! haha I found it made my skin a bit itchy a lot of the MAC foundations do this for me.. :( I wish they where more kind to skin but there not at least on me... Though if I didn't get a bit itchy from it I would repurchase it so thats why I said I would! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by ImogenLucy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new holy grail foundation. Within the first week of purchasing it I ran out and got another one in a different shade. I have only been using this for three weeks now and I just cannot get enough of it. I have normal to dry skin (depending on the season) and I love a very dewy finish and this foundation does exactly that. It is very light-weight. I hate the feeling and look of very heavy foundation so this product is perfect for me! I use my Real Techniques stippling brush to apply it as I find that gives me the best result. The price is the only downside because I bought this in New Zealand and everything cosmetic wise is just expensive. It is $60NZ a bottle (50ml, they only sell the 120ml in Auckland) and I bought two! When I tan I go quite olive-y so C3 is perfect for me! I am currently using C2 just because I am a little lighter at the moment and since it is so sheer (almost like a tinted moisturiser BUT buildable) it is not too noticable if it I am a little too light for it. The ladies in MAC were sooooo helpful! Probably one of the best experiences I have ever had with a cosmetic product. I originally wanted this foundation for the purpose of flash photography and they told me everything I needed to know about it.
Lot's of people are't very fond of the packaging, some refer to it as looking like a 'glue bottle'. I personally love the bottle! I think that is what makes it stand out tbh. The only downside is that it can get messy. Since it doesn't have a pump (you just squeeze it out) and due to the air pressure on the plane was when it got super messy! I honestly was not thinking when I was unscrewing that lid. I didn't even unscrew it properly! Like I said, I was not thinking properly.

If you have similar preferences to me then I would 110% reccommend it! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by amyzon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation changed my mind about something I've assumed true for many years now: that foundation cannot look impeccable when applied with fingers. I had heard that about F&B in the past, but I'm stubborn and I still tried to apply this with my brush the first two days... As a result, I was very iffy about the finish. It didn't seem to justify the amazing things I had heard in the past about the product - it sort of sat on top of my skin, looked slightly patchy, and overwhelmingly pedestrian for such a touted HG foundation.

The third day I gave in. I applied with my fingers... EPIPHANY! The formula actually physically changes when applied with the heat and mechanical manipulation of your hand. You can feel the texture becoming thicker, while simultaneously the coverage becomes one with your face. I'm SHOCKED because I never anticipated how dramatic the difference would be. Instead of sitting on top of the skin, as it appears when applied with a brush, the color becomes seamless with skin. No emphasis on dry patches, non artificial-looking color (and that's a big statement coming from a very neutral-toned NC/NW20).

The coverage is not full, so if there are very red or dark blemishes, spot-concealing will still be necessary. However, for everyday small blemishes, moderate unevenness in skin tone, and a bit of redness in the skin, this works perfectly.

Take a photograph of yourself and you will fall in love. I didn't realize how luminous the finish was until I did. I normally associate luminous foundations with stickiness, discomfort, and my hair getting oily when it brushes against my face. F&B doesn't have that never-set feeling dewiness - it just looks HEALTHY. There's zero flash-back due to the absence of SPF (highly unusual, and appreciated, since I get my sunblock from another product, and don't need it ruining my pictures)

I do set with powder, because I always conceal under my eyes (Clinique Line-Smoothing Concealer), and I find with any foundation if I don't apply some powder, the concealer or the blush is going to migrate. I use my HG powder, MAC's prep and prime finishing powder, and there is zero cake-face and the luminosity is still there. I've found my chin gets oily by the end of the day (it always does, no matter what I'm using!), but the coverage doesn't become patchy and slide around - it just looks shiny.

My tips for applying this:

1. Don't over-moisturize during your skin-care routine: there is some moisturizing benefit to this foundation, so it would be overkill.

2. Wear a primer, if you're going to use it for 8+ hour wear. Be light-handed.

3. Apply with your HANDS. I shake the product vigorously, then squeeze out a nickel-sized amount on the back of my hand. Work with one area of the face at a time - dab some with your fingers onto, for instance, the center of your cheek, and work it in with circular motions, like you're applying moisturizer. You'll feel the product thicken, and you can smooth it over the rest of the area. If an area doesn't seem to have enough coverage for your liking, finish the rest of your face to allow it to set, then come back and add more.

4. Set with preferably a translucent powder. Powders that give extra-coverage will dampen the skin-like effect of the foundation. If you use a setting-spray, now's the time.

One quick-tip for picking your shade when purchasing: I'm an NC20, and I only become marginally 'darker' during the summer months. This is the first time in my adult life that I've purchased a foundation that was slightly darker than my natural skin tone, and it turned out fabulous. I went for the N2 because my undertones are very neutral, and the additional warmth of the shade really enhanced the color of my skin. It doesn't look fake at all! The coverage is sheer enough that slight differences in your color and the foundation will not be apparent.

I'm struggling to find a foundation to compare this to... It's like what I always wanted a tinted-moisturizer or a BB cream to be, but was always let down. The type of foundations I typically gravitate towards are light to medium, very natural, skin-like coverage: think UD Naked Skin Foundation, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Clinique Even Better.

Right now, this is keeping my super-radiant and healthy looking during the summer-time, and I'm not having those dreaded "my face is melting off" blues. I would encourage anyone to try out F&B!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by fayefayeg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a foundation person. After buying 2 or 3 drugstore foundations, and having them not work out, I decided to go to a MAC store just to get color matched and then use my color match to find a drug store foundation.

When I went to the store, the makeup artist discussed my skin with me, and had me feel various textures without showing me what foundations she was letting me feel. I liked the F & B the most, and she matched me to a C2. I took a sample and tried it out at home, and was totally amazed by how it seemed to just melt into my skin.

When I was shopping at the drugstore I made two major mistakes. I thought that since my main problem is large, dark pores on my nose, I have oily skin. So I kept going for matte finishes, which actually just got all chalky and caught up in the texture of the skin on my nose, and seemed to cause flakey dry skin around the edges to show up more. After that, I started going for BB and CC creams, but I kept buying them too light, so I would end up with these white looking pores instead of blackish looking ones. They also kept getting caught up in my dry skin.

Using F & B made me realize that even though I have large pores I actually have normal to dry skin. I also realized that I'm less fair skinned than I thought, and more yellowy-toned than I thought. I guess I was in denial, because C2 is really perfect for me, though we'll see how it transitions to my winter skin tone.

I went through two samples of the C2 before I made the plunge and bought the large size bottle. I also went through three or four drugstore products that didn't work for me in an attempt to save money. I *almost* exclusively use drugstore products, but in the case of foundation, doing so didn't save me any money, though I did learn quite a lot.

CONCLUSION: If you're like me, and your main skin problem is large visible pores, but you're relatively blemish free, and matte foundations have been failing you by emphasizing your dry skin or blending poorly, TRY THIS FOUNDATION. Same if you like a sheer coverage, natural finish with a little glow. Also if your face sweats a lot in the summer, like mine, this won't slide off easily. If you're a drugstore product girl who has a crazy amount of trouble finding a foundation, try the MAC store for some help and direction. If you don't want to splurge you can always get a sample and try to match your color and texture at the drug store.

However, if you have blemishes or like full to medium coverage, or if you have super oily skin, this probably isn't for you. Also if you don't like a glowing foundation, but prefer matte, definitely stay away. If you have sensitive skin, definitely try one or even two samples of the product before buying a whole bottle. Make sure it doesn't break you out.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Jolly911

I bought this in C1 as I am pretty fair. And although it matches my skin tone perfectly, I truly wish I had never bought it. After only three days of using, I ended up with a rash all over my face. Apparently allergic reactions to MAC foundations are common and I wish I had done some more research before spending my money on it. I stopped using the foundation immediately but it has taken over two week for my skin to go back to normal. I have no problems with other MAC products at all so there is something in their foundations that make people break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by ChiaraR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm fair (NC20) and I wear this is C1. I absolutely love this foundation! I have pretty good skin I.e not oily or prone to breakouts so all I want is something to even out skin tone which this does perfect while still letting my freckles show! I got the 120ml bottle and it lasted me AGES! Will definitely repurchase! Gives a lovely luminosity - like a good nights sleep in a bottle :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Schmanna22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great stuff. Provides good coverage and an awesome dewy finish. The consistency is pretty runny just out the bottle, but when you rub it in it thickens up.

Great value.

The only minor problem is the color range. I'm an NC20 and wish they made a C1.5. I can't wear my bottle of C2 in the winter, but I'm loving it for summer, where despite my religious use of SPF, I get a little more tan and wear this with impunity.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by bmcnally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After going thru TONS and TONS of foundations I think I have finally found my perfect one. I have a weird color complexion and everything looks pink or orange on me. I have a hard time getting anything to match, drugstore OR high end.
So after dealing with the rotten B at the MAC store I think I finally have a good one. I am normally a MAC NW20 and, and somehow I am a N3 in this stuff. I was freaking out that the sales associate gave me a color that was too dark, but it seems to work. I dont notice any nasty undertones in natural light, it goes well with my mineralize powder in Medium. I have tons of freckles and while not completely covering them, it does mute them. I have extremely dry skin (I live in Arizona) and I like to look and feel dewy- this does the trick. I dont put powder on my full face though, just under the eyes,,, which I cover the dark circles with the select cover up. It goes on like water... I use my fingers and leave dots on my face then use a big brush and buff it into my skin, it doesnt get patchy, or look uneven at all. By the end of the day in SOME spots it will look dry but I spray my Evian facial spray over it and it will be good again. Ive only had it for a week but I have never been so happy with a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by StinaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 2 shades (c3 and c5) and they were perfect for me all year round. But now that I live in Las Vegas, I'll need one more probably a c6 or c7. I looooove this foundation. I have oily skin, I use a primer (Pore-fessional or mac prep and prim skin base in natural radiance) and set with powder and I get a good 6 hours. And when the oil take over, it's actually just a dewy finish I get. Nothing blotting throughout the can't handle. The wear is fantastic. The coverage is buildabble to medium. Unlike a tinted moisturizer, if you let this DRY BETWEEN LAYERS, the coverage is increased. This never gets Cakey and mask like. My suggestion is to get this on first build up as much as you can and then go in with concealer and a beauty blender. Sometimes I'll even mix in a prolongwear concealer to her higher coverage. And that works to even prolong the wear of the face and body in my tzone

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by vivian308

What is the hype about this product?? I don't understand reviews sometimes...this product should not be called foundation it is most probably "tinted moisturizer" it didn't cover much, was soooo runny like water with some color in it, and it seems to break me out too!!! it's very very light though, I like that it doesn't seem cakey and actually makes my skin looks natural, but for people who needs some coverage it is not for them..the two lippies are for the natural, kind of dewey look that it gives, except that nothing is good about this foundation, cause it doesn't do what it says, to cover imperfection, if I really have good skin that doesn't need foundation I would not even wear anything...

I also read the review says that u have to be patient and try to rub it in...and I actually did, and honestly it was kind of true that it's settled into your skin seamlessly when u try to rub it in, it disappears into a thin layer that "try" to cover the imperfections, but still it doesn't work as well as other foundation, and since this give me clogged pores, it's a no-go...honestly I'm always scared of MAC product, they all seem to be too chemical and break my skin out.

on the other side, it's pretty cheap...it's a big bottle for only $35...but I would not spend my money on this since it doesn't do a great job of covering imperfections...