MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

This foundation is okay... Its nice that it's lightweight but I find that it slides off my face much easier. Nikkietutorials has mentioned that its better if you mix this with the MAC studio sculpt that it will work better. I may or may not repurchase. This isn't my favorite foundation but its not a bad one.

So many things to say about this product. First I have no problem with the smell of the product, to me it doesn't smell bad. The product does not give me acne of skin problems even though I'm prone to acne and rash. I like the feel and texture and the color is pretty close to my own skin colour (you can always mix two colors to get better results). But and this is a BIG but the dewy finish as people like to describe it does not look good on me. I have tried everything lots of powder, different powders, less product, beautyblender, brush. it does not matter what I do I end up with a very greasy and shiny face. when you have time to reapply every hour then you will probably have no problem but when I work I don't have that time and by the end of my day I look like a disco ball shinning away....However I have been using the foundation for a while now because I was a bit too excited and bought 3 bottles. I like everything about this foundation except the finish. Too much shine, maybe its my skin, maybe its other factors together but I think I will have to give up on this one because I prefer a more mat finish. I would recommend trying this. If it does shine like a disco ball wear it just to go out. But for every day or to work, definitely when you are running around and sweating this is not the foundation for you!!!!! I have to put tissues on my face soaking up the shine and 1hour later I'm miss shiny again....Conclusion: This product is not suitable for every skin type. Mac should specify that it may not work for some skin types. I think if it works on your skin its a great product. Forget about the hype and everyone claiming they love this foundation. It is definitely not the best one out there.

So far, it's the 2nd best foundation I tried. It's lightweight

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm a neutral leaning slightly yellow NC20 and use the shade C1 which is a really good match. I love the coverage of this foundation - it evens everything out and covers redness yet my skin still 'shows through'. It definitely does give more coverage than a typical tinted moisturizer, claims that this has no coverage at all are wrong IMO. I don't have perfect skin yet my skin does look good with this on. It feels lightweight and is very long wearing; I have worn this in every type of challenging-makeup-wearing-scenario (clubbing, humid weather, cold weather, rain etc...) and it does not budge. The formula is perfect for my normal-dry skin...it spreads easily onto my skin when rubbed on with fingers and gives a natural ever so slightly dewy finish. I usually set with blot powder and my skin stays mainly shine free all day. My skin is very sensitive and thankfully I don't seem to get any breakouts or irritation from this foundation. I have repurchased many times, it is a staple in my collection!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Shade:C5/NC43

The coverage is pretty sheer tbh, but you can easily build on this. Another reason why I save this for more special occasions is because I'm a poor college student and can't afford to repurchase this all the time. However, ONE DAY, when there's presence of a disposable income, I shall make this my main foundation!

I never really have to worry about using a second layer of this foundation because my skin's alright most of the time...this foundation is just great for evening out my skin tone.

Slap on a little concealer and you've got a nice looking natural face, which is my go-to look. I can't pull off heavier makeup looks like some girls. :(

Lastly, I have sensitive skin and I had no problems with flare-ups or breakouts...so YAYYYYY!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was recently reading over some of my old reviews and was surprised that I had not reviewed my most used product, Mac face and body! Wow.
This is my ideal foundation, perfect for me in every way. I tend to love the barely there but polished look and this gives me that and lasts as long on the face as I need it be.
This foundation is great quality and you can get the smaller size and still get 1.7 full ounces for a very reasonable price. These are huge selling points for me.
I always apply over a light weight gel moisturizer with my fingers. If I'm feeling I need a bit more coverage, I just add another layer, how simple and effective !
I have Very very dry skin and I never have problems looking dry or cracked.
It gives a lovely fresh and simple no fuss finish. It doesn't have to try hard to be great, it is what it is. It's not going anywhere after I apply, I know I can count on it to hold up all day. I do set it with Nars light reflecting powder just to make sure blush applys evenly and doesn't stick. This will always be my favorite and in my opinion should never go out of style. It's almost time to repurchase , I get a little bit of anxiety knowing I'm almost to the bottom of the barrel. I'm glad to call this my best friend

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought a sample of this in c3(I usually use NC30 in pro longwear bit its a little.... Orange/peach)
THIS FOUNDATION IS AMAZING. Its SO WEIGHTLESS.

If you have no blemishes or barely wear make up, i recommend this, as the coverage is very light and natural!

Even if you require HEAVY coverage (i do, as i have hyperpigmentation spots) all i do is colour correct and then use a heavy coverage concealer and blend it together, then this HEAVEN IN A BOTTLE on top!

(I use bobbi brown colour correcter with pro longwear concealer in nc30 on top and set with loose powder, if anybodys wondering)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Absolutely blown away!!!! Read loads of reviews and have always wanted to try this foundation (yes it is a foundation to those who say it's not) and finally got around to purchasing it.
What can I say!! I'm totally in love!!! I have pretty much all Mac foundations (apart from this... until now) and a whole heap of others....and I like or love them all in different ways. Now though... Oh wow!!! Why the hell did it take me so long to buy this beauty!!! It's perfect!!! If you like total full coverage, fair enough, this isn't going to be for you.... but for those of you that want coverage (good colour match!!!.... far better than the NC's or NW's!) go for this!. It IS buildable and it DOES give coverage (whatever anyone else says... but that's their view and their opinion so fair enough). It looks beautiful in the skin used with just fingers (my weekend look) or a Mac 133 stippling brush (love it as it gives me more control) for a work day look. I think as this isn't a newer foundation that many people overlook it and go for the new 'tech' foundations, but seriously.... if you haven't tried this... DO!!! It's not going to cover really bad skin, but as I'm getting older I'm getting more redness and threadveins and it covers my skin fine and makes it glowing and like my skin... only a lot better!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately this foundation really irritated my skin and left my eyes really itchy. It's a shame really as the product gave a really nice light coverage and a dewy look, just what I was after.

If your skin is not sensitive it's worth giving this foundations go.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is not good for sensitive skin.

I tried this on in a MAC store today. Within a few minutes of application, my skin began to feel hot. I wiped the product off with a wipe, and found that my skin was bright red underneath :( It stayed red for quite awhile, so I won't be buying this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials