October 24, 2014 | 1100 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the generic-ness of this foundation. Its no frills packaging, no SPF, no bells and whistles. I got it originally to literally use on my body as my neck and chest are SO red and blotchy. It blends that w/o looking fake. But don't wear w white. On my face it's filled a spot in my foundation arsenal for a light night time almost tinted moisturizer type thing id put on my face say after a shower but before I wana go makeup free, or for a natural look during the day over my CC in neutralize, it's very versatile. Coverage is light w a sheen. But a very chic dewy-type sheen not a grease pit. I do set this *very* lightly w MSFN in medium (I took a C1 in the foundation as I wanted to neutralize some redness). Shades though are probably pretty forgiving as it's so light. Don't over-powder or will ruin the finish. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by n1ks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this recently, and this is my new favourite everyday foundation. Lasts all day, minimal transfer, and easy to apply. Sheer coverage that you can build in thin layers.

Love the natural light dewy finish, and it really does even out the skin tone! It doesn't completely cover scars and spots, so you'll still need a concealer.

Throughout the day, I touch up shiny spots with Benefit's Zero Shine powder, and looks like I had just done my makeup versus other foundations where they start to look cakey after a couple of touch ups throughout the day

It's well worth the price for the amount of product you get!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have oily, acne-prone skin that sometimes gets dry, flaky spots. For my skin, the biggest risk factor is what I put on it. I decided to give MAC Face and Body a shot, since it seems texturally thin. It looks a bit oily upon application, but dries down to an acceptable matte within about half an hour. Sadly, though, every time I wear it, I end up with one very large blemish somewhere on my face. It's possible I'm allergic to an ingredient; I break out with multiple similar blemishes if I eat anything with soy protein in it. I have much better results with L'Oreal Magic Nude (very liquid, light coverage, but enough to tone down discolorations) and my new favorite, which isn't really a foundation, Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream (looks airbrushed on my skin, no breakouts, and I'm totally amazed by it).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

I love this!

A little bit about my skin. My skin is normal combination. Normal on the cheeks and a bit oily on the tzone. Its also dehydrated but not dry. i have a few breakouts a month which leave discolaration. I got Chronic Fatique Syndrom so my skin always looks quite tired, non glowy and i got dark under eye cirkles.
I use the shade C1 and C2 in summer.
my other shades:
Ysl le teint touche eclat in B30
Chanel Vitalumiere in B20
Nars Sheer Glow in Ceylan.

So this foundation dubbles for a light coverage foundation and a medium coverage foundation as Its very buildable.
When I have a bad skin day or a party i can layer this to a medium coverage which makes the slight acne scarring on my cheeks almost dissapear..

On a normal day i can use it as a light coverage on my forhead and nose so my freckles will still show. My skin on my forhead and nose is good so i dont feel like i need much coverage there. Just a bit evening out maybe. (Plus heavy coverage on my nose makes it always look very cakey) On my cheeks and chin i build this up to cover my discolarations.

On a non makeup day when you dont really want to wear anything on your face but need a bit of a glow you can just put this on very sheer.

So thats 1 foundation for my 3 most used looks!!!!!!!

The finish is natural. Not too dewy not matte either. Just normal healthy skin.
I powder my t zone lightly so it wont look flat but still keeps shine in check.

So ladies... if you like a light natural look but also a medium coverage look which is still natural... GET THIS.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by mienelienable

Best foundation ever in my oppinion! Goes on nicely, gives a lovely glow and last forever. This fdtion doesn't cover everything but can be build up to a medium coverage. Would highly recommend as the same shade can worn during the winter and summer (adjust a little to the skin as it's very watery).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by parischandler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this foundation to use as my summer base because I wanted something light and dewy. I got matched to the shade N1 which is just about right for my pale skin, possibly slightly dark but i do have neutral undertones. It is a good price for a trusted high end brand with a good amount of product in the bottle. I applied it first with a buffing brush but it wasn't working, so tried with my fingers, as most people suggest, but I really did not like that either.
I just couldn't get on with it unfortunately, it has a sheer coverage and just seemed to disappear from my face within a couple of hours, though I have normal skin. I then tried mixing it with other foundations that I know work for me to make them slightly more glowing, however it made the lasting power on these drop significantly too. It didn't break me out but feels slightly greasy on my face when applied, however I do like the smell.
I can imagine it being perfect for makeup artists on shoots because when first applied the foundation looks amazing. I adore the finish, but for every day wear, it just doesn't work for me.
If anyone has this foundation, just a heads up, I was told to shake the bottle every so often due to it being water based, to make it last longer and keep it fresh. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Les281

I really like this product!!!!!! I use it everyday!! I use it to have a natural look. I wear a uniform everyday so im not too concerned about looking "glam". I have combo skin but as long as I powder the oily spots im good. Mid day I like the dewy look so I don't mind it. When I do want a "glam" look I mix it with my graftobian palette to thin out the crème foundation and get more coverage out of f&b and I love it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

Love it to pieces. For the longest time I used matte foundations and they always ended up making my skin look dull and cakes no matter the application. This little gem is so perfect for everyday use. It's dewy and makes your skin look like it's naturally even and glowy. You basically set it with blotting powder & you're ready to go. Dot some concealer on any blemishes and undereye circles because this is a sheer foundation that covers redness but not any spots. For that I used mac select cover up. I always get compliments on how nice my skin is. Try this! AND you get a TON of product for something this HQ. so actually it's not as pricey as it looks, it'll last longer than a small bottle from Mac, but for the same price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

You need to be realistic about this product. It's not for coverage. If you can accept that, then you will get along fine with it. I use this religiously when I have good skin days and during daytime wear. I have combo skin, I use a primer, concealer on spots and lightly powder my T-zone. It lasts the same as my other foundations (MUFE HD, EL DW, Chanel Aqua), I always have to at least blot with every foundation at some point. It evens out skin tone beautifully and let's my natural freckles etc show through. N.B - you can build it up to a light/medium, I wore it on my wedding day (daytime ceremony) and it was beautiful with photography and in person

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

I have shade C4 as my sister very kindly gave me the foundation as she hated it. My actual shade is C3 as C4 is a bit dark on me.

The good
This looks like skin!
Feels bare, very lightweight and natural
Photographs well
Adds natural glow
A lot of product
Covers redness

The bad
Costly (but a lot of product)
Covers no marks, scars or freckles
Gets badly oily if not powdered or blotted
Lasts about 4-6hrs on my skin (makes my pores look huge by 6th hour)

I like this foundation simply because I hate wearing makeup and trying to match 3000 shades to my skin. This foundation is so natural it simply enhances your skin. It doesn't cover ANY marks but covers redness. I wear it as a day foundation (most days)... for going out it back to studio fix fluid!

Its consistency is somewhat stickly but that resides. Always POWDER!!!