MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Shade:C5/NC43

The coverage is pretty sheer tbh, but you can easily build on this. Another reason why I save this for more special occasions is because I'm a poor college student and can't afford to repurchase this all the time. However, ONE DAY, when there's presence of a disposable income, I shall make this my main foundation!

I never really have to worry about using a second layer of this foundation because my skin's alright most of the time...this foundation is just great for evening out my skin tone.

Slap on a little concealer and you've got a nice looking natural face, which is my go-to look. I can't pull off heavier makeup looks like some girls. :(

Lastly, I have sensitive skin and I had no problems with flare-ups or breakouts...so YAYYYYY!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was recently reading over some of my old reviews and was surprised that I had not reviewed my most used product, Mac face and body! Wow.
This is my ideal foundation, perfect for me in every way. I tend to love the barely there but polished look and this gives me that and lasts as long on the face as I need it be.
This foundation is great quality and you can get the smaller size and still get 1.7 full ounces for a very reasonable price. These are huge selling points for me.
I always apply over a light weight gel moisturizer with my fingers. If I'm feeling I need a bit more coverage, I just add another layer, how simple and effective !
I have Very very dry skin and I never have problems looking dry or cracked.
It gives a lovely fresh and simple no fuss finish. It doesn't have to try hard to be great, it is what it is. It's not going anywhere after I apply, I know I can count on it to hold up all day. I do set it with Nars light reflecting powder just to make sure blush applys evenly and doesn't stick. This will always be my favorite and in my opinion should never go out of style. It's almost time to repurchase , I get a little bit of anxiety knowing I'm almost to the bottom of the barrel. I'm glad to call this my best friend

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought a sample of this in c3(I usually use NC30 in pro longwear bit its a little.... Orange/peach)
THIS FOUNDATION IS AMAZING. Its SO WEIGHTLESS.

If you have no blemishes or barely wear make up, i recommend this, as the coverage is very light and natural!

Even if you require HEAVY coverage (i do, as i have hyperpigmentation spots) all i do is colour correct and then use a heavy coverage concealer and blend it together, then this HEAVEN IN A BOTTLE on top!

(I use bobbi brown colour correcter with pro longwear concealer in nc30 on top and set with loose powder, if anybodys wondering)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Absolutely blown away!!!! Read loads of reviews and have always wanted to try this foundation (yes it is a foundation to those who say it's not) and finally got around to purchasing it.
What can I say!! I'm totally in love!!! I have pretty much all Mac foundations (apart from this... until now) and a whole heap of others....and I like or love them all in different ways. Now though... Oh wow!!! Why the hell did it take me so long to buy this beauty!!! It's perfect!!! If you like total full coverage, fair enough, this isn't going to be for you.... but for those of you that want coverage (good colour match!!!.... far better than the NC's or NW's!) go for this!. It IS buildable and it DOES give coverage (whatever anyone else says... but that's their view and their opinion so fair enough). It looks beautiful in the skin used with just fingers (my weekend look) or a Mac 133 stippling brush (love it as it gives me more control) for a work day look. I think as this isn't a newer foundation that many people overlook it and go for the new 'tech' foundations, but seriously.... if you haven't tried this... DO!!! It's not going to cover really bad skin, but as I'm getting older I'm getting more redness and threadveins and it covers my skin fine and makes it glowing and like my skin... only a lot better!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately this foundation really irritated my skin and left my eyes really itchy. It's a shame really as the product gave a really nice light coverage and a dewy look, just what I was after.

If your skin is not sensitive it's worth giving this foundations go.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is not good for sensitive skin.

I tried this on in a MAC store today. Within a few minutes of application, my skin began to feel hot. I wiped the product off with a wipe, and found that my skin was bright red underneath :( It stayed red for quite awhile, so I won't be buying this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, extremely disappointed in this foundation. Immediately when I purchased it I thought it was watered down. Absolutely no coverage, which might be good for those who like a light weight foundation, I do myself on some days as well, but this literally gave no coverage. Wouldn't purchase again.

I give up. This is my foundation for life. I realized that when I bought YSL Touche Leclat a few days ago and instead of using that to prep for an event I passed it over for my standard MAC Face and Body because I KNEW it would perform. This is an amazing foundation created for not just the face but the body, it's light, sheer, buildable and moves with your skin instead of just sitting on it. If you're not familiar with the term buildable, it means that once you get our first layer of foundation on, you can apply a second and third layer to build opacity/coverage. You can build in specific areas or all over the body/face and it will blend perfectly. I lurve it. I have very dry sensitive skin and I have never had an issue with this foundation. I love it so much it's the majority of the foundation in my professional kit. I just custom blend to match skin tone and away I go. I go from C2-C3 and back throughout the year and in between it's very easy to blend the two to get a perfect match. I also like to mix it with MAC's Strobe Cream to get a really light coverage with lots of moisture and a healthy glow. The tube it comes in makes it easy to pour out more than you need, so be cautious and keep an eye on the cap, it gets messy in there. The packaging is fantastic to travel with because it's plastic and comes in two different sizes. I travel with the smaller size and just refill from the larger. So yeah. Foundation for life.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

When they say sheer coverage they REALLY mean it. I wanted something light weight and easy for more natural makeup days but I've had tinted moisturizers with better coverage than this. I even attempted to build it up but no matter how much I used it still looked like I had nothing on...and not in the good way. Considering the price, I don't think it's worth the buy. The squeeze type bottle is handy but the foundation is so runny and watery that it gets everywhere when you squeeze it out. The one thing I did enjoy about this though was that it comes in a pure white shade for mixing.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really peculiar product and I didn't really appreciate it until after I ran out of it.
I can't give this a high score because it's only gonna work for a select few individuals. You're going to have to sport excellent skin, that's not too oily - otherwise the product is going to look too dewy and if your skin is too dry the product just doesn't have the staying power to last you through the day.

I can only imagine this being used as a light- barely there kind of every day 'colour'. This isn't foundation and offers little to no coverage.

Video Reviews & Tutorials