Essie Lady Like

4.6

Absolutely love this polish. Perfect nude color! I usually get manicures with gel on top, and the polish always looks so dry which only gets worse after a week. This polish has a jelly finish and it isn't streaky. I loved the way it looked under the gel even after a week!

on 5/11/2013 1:12:00 PM

One of my top 5 nail polishes from Essie! It goes on absolutely smooth on the first coat. The color is flattering and is just a tad bit warmer and than Tickle My Francey from OPI.

on 4/29/2013 3:11:00 PM

This is a nice neutral that leans mauve instead of taupe or beige. I use 2 coats, but I think I could probably get away with one thick coat as well. Lasts about 4 or 5 days, then the chipping starts.

Really good for cool toned skin. On warmer skin tones it would probably look a little less like a neutral & more like a color.

on 4/27/2013 10:14:00 PM

This is a very nice "universal" mauvish color that compliments my skin tone wonderfully. The application is great - like most Essie colors - and if worn alone, would be suitable for work or any time you just want your nails to look sophisticated and somewhat nude. It is also a great color over which to layer a lighter pinkish shimmery color to add just a little pizzaz to it. Lately, I have been layering one coat of the Essie with a coat of OPI's "Petal Faster Suzi" which makes the matte "Lady Like" glimmer a bit.

Recommend this Essie color as a staple for most nail polish collections.

on 3/28/2013 2:27:00 PM

I love love this color. I do use about two costs and my bottle was a bit runny but I still love the color.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Absolutely pretty shade, it's a nude that looks mauvey in the bottle but on the nails is more a nude beige; looks gorgeous on long nails as it elongates the hand beautifully (being so close to a fair skintone).
This is definitley goof proof, very forgiving if you're not tip top expert on application, and very wearable in any work invironment.
Not your most glamour shade, that's a fact, but it's like a little black dress: it saves you when you've no clue on what to wear.
Very resistant, no tip wear after 2 days. Love it.
definitely a must have!

on 2/11/2013 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

In the store I thought this color was a tan/beige but when I got it home in a different light I saw it was actually mauve. Its an unusual and muted color that goes with everything. The more I wear this color the more I really like it. Bright colors are great but when they chip it's so obvious. With this color a bit of chipping isn't that noticeable. Essie is very good nail polish. It goes on streak free and if you use a glossy top coat it tends to last longer than other brands. I also like the standard brush size it has. Some nail polishes now have those very wide brushes which I find clumsy to use. I would definitely buy this again.

I have to wear very nude blah colors on my nails for work (military) so for work sake i love this color. It's a step up from the flesh tone colors out there. Its a light mauvey lavenderish color. my friend calls it my old lady color. So it isn't for everyone. I have had no problems with streaking but i always top my colors with essie good to go and its a shiney flawless finish to this gorgeous color.

on 9/20/2012 5:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Given that I am a huge fan of OPI's Tickle My Francy, I knew I would probably like this pretty nude, as the colours are similar. I probably prefer the OPI ever so slightly, tho I do really like Lady Like also. I have heard some people say they can see lavender in it, for me it was more pinky/beige tones, depending on the light, much more pink in sunlight etc. I have fairly pale skin.

Formula wise, it is pretty awesome, opaque at two coats, easy easy application and good wear, I am up to 4 days now with only very minor tipwear, and that is normal for me as I use a keyboard a lot for work - no chips at all.

on 9/2/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have just ordered this polish so I can't write a review. I'm just writing because I've read a lot of comments along the lines of "I'm going to stock up on this" I just thought that I would let you know that it is currently 1.99 for a 13.5ml bottle from fragrance direct ! They have a few other (limited editions as far as I can see) essie colours too!

Top Rated Essie Products