Essie Lady Like

4.6

on 7/11/2013 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have always wanted to have a nail polish in this color, so when I saw the pictures online I was really amazed and knew I just HAD to have it. But when I finally got my bottle, it didn't seem to look so nice.
Finally the day came when I was to wear it. I usually paint my nails while sitting by the window, so that I have lots of natural light, which helps me seeing if there's an imperfection or something. And then I was SO disappointed! It looked like a rather ugly grey-ish nude, when I was actually expecting a very light mauve.
I decided to go on and give it a chance. Good I did. Once I went back to my room, I could see a very nice light shade of lilac, which seriously reminded me of blueberry yoghurt, just lighter. And somehow I never went back to seeing that ugly greige again, even when I was outdoors.
It's not exactly what I had in mind, but I really love love the color. It's so cute somehow, and looks very soft and classy.
As for the application and drying time, they were both very good. Essie's brush is by far my favorite. It also seems to last quite long.
I just really wish they'd take off those ugly stickers from the bottles.
I won't think twice before buying it when I run out.

Absolutely love this polish. Perfect nude color! I usually get manicures with gel on top, and the polish always looks so dry which only gets worse after a week. This polish has a jelly finish and it isn't streaky. I loved the way it looked under the gel even after a week!

on 5/11/2013 1:12:00 PM

One of my top 5 nail polishes from Essie! It goes on absolutely smooth on the first coat. The color is flattering and is just a tad bit warmer and than Tickle My Francey from OPI.

on 4/29/2013 3:11:00 PM

This is a nice neutral that leans mauve instead of taupe or beige. I use 2 coats, but I think I could probably get away with one thick coat as well. Lasts about 4 or 5 days, then the chipping starts.

Really good for cool toned skin. On warmer skin tones it would probably look a little less like a neutral & more like a color.

on 4/27/2013 10:14:00 PM

This is a very nice "universal" mauvish color that compliments my skin tone wonderfully. The application is great - like most Essie colors - and if worn alone, would be suitable for work or any time you just want your nails to look sophisticated and somewhat nude. It is also a great color over which to layer a lighter pinkish shimmery color to add just a little pizzaz to it. Lately, I have been layering one coat of the Essie with a coat of OPI's "Petal Faster Suzi" which makes the matte "Lady Like" glimmer a bit.

Recommend this Essie color as a staple for most nail polish collections.

on 3/28/2013 2:27:00 PM

I love love this color. I do use about two costs and my bottle was a bit runny but I still love the color.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Absolutely pretty shade, it's a nude that looks mauvey in the bottle but on the nails is more a nude beige; looks gorgeous on long nails as it elongates the hand beautifully (being so close to a fair skintone).
This is definitley goof proof, very forgiving if you're not tip top expert on application, and very wearable in any work invironment.
Not your most glamour shade, that's a fact, but it's like a little black dress: it saves you when you've no clue on what to wear.
Very resistant, no tip wear after 2 days. Love it.
definitely a must have!

on 2/11/2013 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

In the store I thought this color was a tan/beige but when I got it home in a different light I saw it was actually mauve. Its an unusual and muted color that goes with everything. The more I wear this color the more I really like it. Bright colors are great but when they chip it's so obvious. With this color a bit of chipping isn't that noticeable. Essie is very good nail polish. It goes on streak free and if you use a glossy top coat it tends to last longer than other brands. I also like the standard brush size it has. Some nail polishes now have those very wide brushes which I find clumsy to use. I would definitely buy this again.

I have to wear very nude blah colors on my nails for work (military) so for work sake i love this color. It's a step up from the flesh tone colors out there. Its a light mauvey lavenderish color. my friend calls it my old lady color. So it isn't for everyone. I have had no problems with streaking but i always top my colors with essie good to go and its a shiney flawless finish to this gorgeous color.

on 9/20/2012 5:02:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Given that I am a huge fan of OPI's Tickle My Francy, I knew I would probably like this pretty nude, as the colours are similar. I probably prefer the OPI ever so slightly, tho I do really like Lady Like also. I have heard some people say they can see lavender in it, for me it was more pinky/beige tones, depending on the light, much more pink in sunlight etc. I have fairly pale skin.

Formula wise, it is pretty awesome, opaque at two coats, easy easy application and good wear, I am up to 4 days now with only very minor tipwear, and that is normal for me as I use a keyboard a lot for work - no chips at all.

Top Rated Essie Products