August 31, 2014 | 932 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Matt Touch - Touche Mate - Oil-Free Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by UYSblog

I was so excited to try this product- the first primer I had ever used! I have combination skin, and during the middle of the day I tend to get a bit shiny around my t-zone. One good thing about this primer- it seemed to make my skin more matte and my makeup lasted longer. But that was not worth it since this broke my skin out horribly! I am a teenager, and so prone to some spots, but I started getting them in places I had never even got spots before! I stopped using it, and my skin is almost back to normal. I am so annoyed that I bought this product, something so expensive, that I can no longer use. This has inspired me to ALWAYS use testers from now on, and I advise that if you want to try this product, you should too

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this for 2-3 months, and had I written my review during the first 2 months, I would have given it a 5.
I am oily, leaning towards combination lately, and this primer was doing the best job amongst all other primers I'd tried: made my face smooth, mattified for a long time, it was everything I was looking for in a primer.
However, after the 2 months, I felt my skin getting weird. I started noticing a rough surface, and my face started feeling irritated and got these itchy little bumps on my cheeks.
I thought it was my face wash, changed it. Then I thought it was my moisturizer, changed that too. The irritation continued, and it became difficult putting on foundation, it was looking so bad. Plus the itchy bumps were annoying and unattractive. Finally I eliminated the YSL primer from my routine, and things started clearing up! It's been 3 weeks since then, I still have the rough texture but I haven't been getting the itchy bumps, so obviously that was the culprit :(
So if you are not sensitive to any ingredient in this primer, I'd say go for it, it really works. But if you are, stay away!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Merlinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

REPURCHASING!!!! Love this primer. I bought this in February and it's now the end of August and I'm about to repurchase. A little goes a long way too.

Pros
- makes skin incredibly smooth
- doesn't break me out
- makes skin matte, but not too matte as in drying the heck out of my face
- I don't think this has all the added gunk that some primers do. I had an allergic reaction to MUFE's primer .... really makes you wonder what in the world are they putting in some of this stuff.

I use this after my moisturizer and notice that as I'm applying this the "sheen" from my moisturizer goes away making my skin matte. Not the creepy kind of matte that makes your face dry, but this honestly makes it look as if I have normal skin instead of oily/combo. It stays that way throughout the day too I do still use powder during the day, but I think this works as promised and am happy with the results. Great job YSL!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Rachel061083

OMG i went to purcase this product after reading all these reviews and i was talked out of buying this from the guy on counter as its being discontinued and so was talked into buying the top sectre pore refiner which was not only more money but hasnt helped my skin in anyway, im still shiney and really not happy.

Can anyone confirm if this product is being discontinued?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like this very much. It's for me, similar to the one from smashbox.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by poeticsinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the best primer I have ever tried. And believe me when I tell you I have tried them ALL. Before this, my favorites were: Bare Escentuals, Pure Luxe eraser, Fynrinnae velvet gel silica, Avon Magix perfector. Revlon Photo finish, Lorac, and finally MAC prep and prime.

Now I have to say, that in my experience, controlling oil has to be a combination of a good cleanser, good moisturizer and a good primer topped off with the right foundation because I find that no matter which primer I use, it differs depending on the foundation I use.

This primer creates a completely flawless canvas without drying. My make up goes on smooth and stays that way for hours. And my days are extremely long; minimally 12 hours. I have unbelievably, ridiculously, fry an egg on my face oily skin. I will try any product that has the words "Matte" "sebum control" or "oil control". I get sick of blotting all day. I'm 43 years old and I'm still oily. UGH. So yes, this is expensive and no I don't care. I will pay anything for any product that helps control this oil. And this does. Full disclosure: I still use MAC Matte over my foundation. The result: FABULOUS all day!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by tinaRUshopping

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wore this for eight hours requiring only one minor touch up; which in and of itself is a first. Add on to the fact that part of that eight hours was spent riding 12 miles on a bicycle in 95 degree weather and I think we have achieved HG

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

My skin is extremely oily and therefore prone to breakouts. I have tried many different primers to control the oilyness and to make my make up last longer but this is the best one I have tried so far.

This primer dries into a nice matte, velvety finish and keeps my skin relatively oil free for hours on end. I use this under mineral make up and my foundation goes on smoothly and lasts longer than it normally does.

I take one lippie of for the price (it's just too expensive) but other than that I'm definitely going to buy this again. Oily girls should give it try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

I bought this product after reading the recommendations for it. It's an amazing product, it mattifies my skin for at least five hours after application. Really happy with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by nouria

I have tried so many products to control the shine on my face, especially on the T-zone. This product worked for me is the best oil control primer that I have ever used. It is still working at the end of the day I will continue to use it and I would also highly recommend it!