NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

on 3/31/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Really wanted to like this, but it does not stay put, even for short periods. I tried it both on its own and with my go-to lid primers, and in all cases, it started to fade/migrate in less than half an hour. The worst part is not the disappearing act, but that of course it doesn't fade uniformly. It vanishes in some areas, and collects in others. Which is too bad because I like the color, and I love how easy it is to apply. My quest continues for a quick, portable eyeshadow application that will stay put.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Iced Mocha is a taupe with silver shimmer. MAC Satin Taupe is similar, but more plummy.
It can be worn all over the lid, paired with other eyeshadows, or as a base. I personally apply it directly to the lid, then blend it out with my fingers, but I know some people like to apply it with a brush. I personally only use a brush if I want to use it as an eyeliner, but either way works.
I lowered the rating because it does crease. The creasing minimizes when I wear Urban Decay Primer Potion and/or MAC Paint Pot or Maybelline Color Tattoo underneath, but I really would prefer not to, and I shouldn't have to. But, as with all cream products, the more product you use, the more it's going to crease.
But nonetheless it lasts a good 6 hours, despite the creasing, and it's great since it costs $4.50 each. I bought mine for $3.40 each from Cherry Culture! It's also DIRT CHEAP considering it has 5 g of product, versus Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencils, that cost $20 for 2.8 g, or even worse, Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks, that cost $24 for only 0.05 g!
Would I repurchase? Yes.

on 1/19/2013 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Really love this colour, I really love neutral shades and this is a really nice shade of taupe with a little hint of shimmer, and it makes a nice base for smokey eyes or even worn on its own. It does crease a little bit when it is worn alone but it isn't anything major, plus its a total bargain so you cannot be expected to be total perfection. I have a love of these jumbo pencils and this one and milk are two of my staples that can always be found in my make up bag. Would definitely recommend and buy again.

on 12/28/2012 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Super smudge-y ,not good with oily skin, gross texture . Will end up all over your face and your boyfriend's shirts. Too thick. Packaging sucks.. Smudges inside of lid. Melts easily.

on 11/29/2012 1:28:00 PM

Great colour payoff, easy to blend and best of all cheap!

I hated this product the first time I tried it. However, the more I played around with it, the more I loved it. It does crease on my eyes even with UDPP on, but it usually won't crease for sevearl hours so I can still get some good use out of it. I like to put it on my lower lash line and smudge it out a little also. It just look really well on my like that. I down rated a little because of the pencil type package, which I know that's what it is meant to be, but I just have a hard time sharpening mine.

on 11/28/2012 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Cool

Iced Mocha is my go-to eye colour for a sexy no fuss everyday face. The cool toned taupe colour is perfect for brown eyes, and a very creamy (almost moisturising) consistancy means it blends easilly over my lids with my fingertips. The finish is a glossy bronze- I wear it on its own with some black pencil liner, a full brow, & a bit of peach gloss. It makes me feel like a Victoria's Secret model :)

HOWEVER: I have very dry skin. As the other reviews indicate, other skin types might experience some nightmare creasing/ disappearing, unfortunately.

The color and the consistency are both so amazing! It's super easy to apply and it's not TOO jumbo so you can still be precise even without a brush. Iced Mocha is a must have out of all the jumbo eye pencils.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was the first JEP I bought, and I do like it. When I'm in a hurry, or just going to class, I'll put on my ELF primer, then this as an eyeliner/base/crease color, and then layer Wet n Wild single in nutty, then line with brown eyeliner and mascara and done. It gives me a subtle, sort of dramatic eye without being too much. If I don't use primer and shadow over this it doesn't stay well (I have ridiculously oily eyelids) and it does slightly tug, which is why I gave it a four. It's not awesome, but it's pretty cool, and for the price and relative ease of use, it's something I'll rebuy.

on 8/12/2012 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know why I bought this for the second time. I first tried the JEP several years ago with disastrous results. I guess it was the lovely color of Iced Mocha. I don't have a color quite like it, although I guess the closest is probably my MUFE Aqua Eyes #15. The Jumbo Eye Pencils are just too sticky waxy to work for me, even over primer and under powder eyeshadow. My eye makeup will crease within the hour and dissapear completely from the crease area by the end of the day. I'm not exactly a novice and I like to think I know what I'm doing with makeup, so my conclusion is that the JEPs don't work for everyone.

Top Rated NYX Products