February 28, 2015 | 1948 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I, my sisters and our mom have been an avid fan of TBS body butters for so many years (10-yrs, I think). We've tried almost every scent on the body butter line.
After all those years, I think I'm ready to crown Olive as my (as well as my babysister's) favorite.

I think it has the best consistency of all other butters. It's not too buttery that it can hardens like a block inside the tub (like Mango or Moringa) or too runny that you can mistake it as a lotion. It absorbs slightly easier and not as noticeable as others but keeps my skin moisturized all throughout the day. I get quite a lot of compliments on my skin.

The scent is quite detectable, but Olive has the softest scent of all, IMHO. And I kinda like it.

I've repurchased tubs and will keep doing so. No matter what body product I use or try, I always keep a tub of this anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Although I have dry skin all year round, I tend to find it's not as bad in the summer so I like to use a lighter body moisturiser during the hotter months. I discovered this on a rare visit to The Body Shop about 2 months ago and have been using it pretty much every day since then.

This is a really nice, light cream which applies easily and sinks in nicely without leaving any residue or making my skin feel greasy. I definitely think it moisturises well and my skin certainly feels and looks softer after application. Another bonus of this product is you don't need a lot to see results, so the 200ml pot lasts a long time. As mentioned above, I've been using this pretty much every day for the last two months and I've just hit the bottom of the tub, so for 13.00GBP I think this is pretty good value for money.

The only thing I'm not so keen on about this (and the reason for my 4/5 rating) is the scent. It's not overly perfumed or heavily scented, but as someone who doesn't like scented body lotions/butters anyway I was hoping this wouldn't smell quite as strongly as it does. It's quite a fresh scent but it does linger on your skin once you've applied it, so you might find it interferes with the scent of any perfume or fragrance you apply afterwards. All in all though I am really pleased with the results of this and despite the scent would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by youngjust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been a staple item for me. I always return to this as the scent is just lovely and it glides onto the skin like a dream. Will continue to repurchase again and again. Give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by kattmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has the scent of a cucumber, olive and unsweetened green apple peeling mixture. The 'green' scent is pleasant and unique.

However, as soon as this absorbs into the skin, the zingy scent disappears- replaced by a completely different scent and which i can only describe as weird- not revolting but certainly not nice.

This 'weird' scent lingers on the body and clothes throughout the day- and i'd rather it completely wore off

The texture of the cream is pleasantly fluffy and light

As it does NOT smell the same when absorbed as it did in the pot-i will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by nefertina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Body Shop's body butters are amazing. I especially love the olive one. Not only is the scent light and nice, the body butter is amazing at moisturizing especially during the winter! Though it's not the cheapest thing, it's a nice thing to invest on. Definitely recommend it and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Nicely moisturizing, though smells nothing like olives but it does smell amazingly fresh and spring like. I wish they could change the packaging to make it more hygienic (something with a pump perhaps?).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Winter go to body butter. I only like this better than the Shea one because of the smell. Though the Shea butter is way better for winter moisturiser.

Eczema skin here. Needs this for winter. My HG body butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 7:57:00 AM More reviews by MirandaKirk

I love this body butter. It's moisturizing, Makes my skin feel so smooth. Doesn't feel sticky. I highly recommend this! It's pretty expensive though, but it's definitely worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Feliciatjkr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I used this body butter 3 years ago when i was around 10, and i dont really like the scent so much. It smells like freshly cut cucumbers, but mixed with some clean scents which is too strong for my nose but this butter is moisturizing though.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first ever body butter, and I really love it. It's rather moisturizing, but gets absorbed really quickly. I usually stay away from moisturizers because I hate the feeling of it being on my skin, and unfortunately this doesn't get absorbed well enough for me. The smell is really subtle, which is good cause I don't really like overpowering body butters/moisturizers. I also have sensitive skin, and when I apply it over the eczema spots, it helps to soothe and ease the itchiness too, which is a plus point for me.

As with the nail butters, I have a love/hate relationship with it being in a tub - I hate it cause of hygiene reasons, but I also like it because I can use up every bit. It's a bit pricey, but I bought it at 20% off during their sale, so it's still pretty ok I think. I'be started using the vitamin e body butter and fell in love with it as this doesn't feel as moisturizing, so I'm not gonna repurchase this.