Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 1/13/2015 11:46:00 PM

I purchased this after reading all of the good reviews and it was just ok in my opinion. It does have a silky feel to it once applied and a little goes a long way. However, I didn't notice it making my foundation last any longer than without it. I seen on Pinterest that you could use the monistat chaffing gel as a dupe and I tried it and it's the exact same thing. So I would rather buy the gel for cheaper and get the same exact effect and quality

on 1/6/2015 5:43:00 PM

This primer is a decent 'all-rounder'. You literally need a tiny amount to use it as a little goes a long way with this product! It has a pleasant smell to it and is really easy to apply and almost silky smooth.

Does it make a difference to how long my makeup lasts? The jury is out on this one for me. My makeup does last a long time but I am currently back using Estée Lauder DW which is renowned for its lasting power, so not sure if it's the foundation or the primer that's doing the job.

Anyway, due to how nice it feels on I'll keep using it for now. I should add, I'm an acne sufferer and this doesn't make me break out.

on 12/10/2014 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Did not make my makeup last longer. Accentuated my pores instead of concealing them. Any powder, blush or bronzer looked bad on top of this. Not a fan.

on 10/3/2014 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have the worst oily, acne prone skin. I've tried all of the oil free primers, the silicone free primers, but always come back to this one. I think it's the best at holding foundation in place without making my skin oiler or causing breakouts. The ingredients in this one are safe and simple for skin like mine. I highly recommend this primer for oily skinned gals!

on 9/12/2014 3:41:00 AM

I've never been a big primer gal, I thought that it would block my pores and cause more spots/ blackheads (you know the fun stuff).

Anyway, my friend have me hers to try as she is a makeup guru and she said this would be perfect for my combination/ hormonal spot prone skin. I use it with my Bareminerals powder foundation and it really helps to keep everything in place, without causing any reactions.

I don't know which ingredients are good, bad or downright poisonous for your skin but if you're looking for a lightweight primer and have combination skin, give this a go, I'm a convert!

on 9/4/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I've been using this primer for awhile now, I made the switch from the smasbox regular primer to the light version..since it is supposed to control oil better. Overall, I am impressed with how it works. It goes on nice and smooth, and has no smell to it. I use such a tiny amount (a tiny dab) so the tube lasts me at least 6 months. This fills in my pores and fine lines so that my foundation goes on smoothly overtop. It does help a lot with controlling oil, but I think a lot of it has to do with choosing a foundation that is good at controlling oil as well. I personally use MAC pro longwear and they work amazing together. My makeup lasts all day, through the summer heat and working without budging.

on 6/30/2014 12:49:00 PM

I was SO disappointed after using this product. I had read such hype on this primer and could not wait to experience the miracles of longer lasting make up myself. The very first time I used this product it mixed terribly into my skin creating an almost grainy texture. I also believe this product to be the culprit to my constant chin out breaks grr. Just completely disappointed will not purchase again. I prefer the POREfessional by Benefit, it provided the results I wanted to see!

on 5/26/2014 7:20:00 AM

This is my first primer so.. Basically I have oily skin but not too oily and my makeup starts smudging if I sweat and when my face gets oily so I wanted something to keep the makeup on my face the whole day and to control the oiliness, and this did the job.. I am a jockey and I put it on and went training and the makeup stayed until the end and I also went to school and the makeup stayed too. I use it before foundation and before anything so ya. It's light but helpful. Pretty pricey

on 5/25/2014 6:19:00 PM

This is an OK primer. I'm still on the hunt for my HG primer after trying over a dozen. To be honest I settled for this one because I just wanted to give up, so I shelled out the $40 which now I regret lol.

PROS:
- nice consistency, thin and kind of sticky which is weird but makes me feel like my makeup sticks better
- plain white color, which is good because it will not change the color of my skin before applying makeup like some tinted primers
- packaging is simple and clean, and I prefer a squeeze bottle to a pump
- makeup applies very well over top
- makes my makeup last a bit longer vs no primer
- good for combination skin, moisturizes my skin and reduces dryness/patches, but also minimizes oil slightly
- In comparison to the original smashbox primer, this one has a much better texture/consistency

CONS:
- price.... Holy hell I am mind boggled and wondering what was going through my head when I purchased a plain primer for $40
- it is just basically a plain primer... Nothing exciting about it
- size... I was expecting much more product for my money

Overall, I will not repurchase and I will probably never spend $40+ on a primer... Many say that primers are an unnecessary step but I feel weird not using one!!

on 5/13/2014 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The worst primer I have EVER tried, this is NOT for oily skin, This made my face a greasey mess.
Took it back the next day...

Popular Primer/ Correctors