April 19, 2014 | 1795 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Bethechange93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive and dry skin. I'm always hesitant to use liquid foundations in fear of an allergic reaction. This however worked wonders on my skin. It blended well, however I could go without the bits of glitter in it, overall finish was a bit to sparkly for my taste. I little did go a long way for me, I tend to have redness and uneven skin tone. While I try not to wear any make up during a dry skin or allergy breakout, due to work I had to and used this foundation, it covered well and didn't irritate my skin at all. It cleans off easily and after removal it doesn't leave my skin harsh and dry like most liquid foundations. I will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by FloralRed

I bought this product because I was in need of a good coverage foundation, and also to try something different because I always used to stick with powders for the safety of not breaking out, as my skin tends to do with liquids. I was skeptical, because most liquid foundations leaves a dewy look on me and causes acne, and also because lately my skin has been very troublesome and disturbed. I don't know what's causing it, but I have dry skin if I don't put enough moisturizer (I put like 2 layers on), I'm breaking out, my skin gets itchy, it's flaky... Yeah it's super annoying, and my skin used to look real good too!

Anywho, the lady at the counter put it on the left half of my face and I was truthfully somewhat surprised. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin; there was no burning sensation and it didn't disrupt my flaky skin. It felt calm and just normal. The shade was PERFECT on my skin. It had pretty good coverage. Maybe a little too much for me but it was needed since I have all these stupid pimples everywhere. Feels a little heavier than my bare minerals ready foundation but for the look it gave me I can't complain; covered the redness in my acne and made my skin look still like skin. Since I haven't exfoliated in a while when I tried this I will do another update in a day or two after I apply my foundation on top of exfoliated skin. Some flakiness was accentuated with this foundation, but after fixing it with my MAC setting spray it looked better.

I actually really like the packaging, I don't know why. It's really simple, comes in a small tube and a mirrored cap. It looks chic and professional. The price is really expensive, but I can't really use drug store brands because I don't trust them on my skin. All and all I can say that I am impressed with this foundation, gives good coverage and a natural look. When I took it off after 8 hours of wear my pimples looked more red, like they couldn't breathe with my foundation so maybe I should limit my use on this stuff...

EDIT: I'm surprised and how this stuff doesn't break me out, and it does do the job at hydrating my skin. However, it accentuates my flaky skin and my bumps. The glitter further accentuates those flaws as well. I think I can see why they added shimmer because without it it does look dull. Also I noticed that my skin just felt... uncomfortable. It felt a little heavy and I hate that feeling! One lippie down.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by natcoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked up a sample on my lunch break today, as I've been on the hunt for a new foundation.

She tried it on in the shop, it looked okay but I asked for a pot as you can't really tell how it really is until you apply it your own way.

I came back to the office and applied it.

It has a thick texture, it was also a lot darker than the tiny swab she gave me.

It was too dark but I decided to work with it, blending it down a bit. it looks slightly dewy, maybe that's from the sparkles? The darker tone makes me look like I've been out in the sun but my skin doesn't look like mine, nor does it look like skin. Maybe it's because I'm so used to BB cream.

It's been on for 2 hours now, and my face feels gross. Thick, heavy, slimy and just not normal! I feel like there's cement on my face even though the coverage isn't as heavy, as say, MAC.

May work for other people, but didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Nailsister

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has been recommended to me by a pharmacist, so I thought it must be good for my skin. Well, it is. It does moisturize my dry skin and provides a light to medium coverage. But I still have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. I don't like the sparkles and it seems to accentuate the unevenness of my forehead. I don't know why this is, but I normally don't use this product because of that, which is really annoying considering the price you pay for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Ivory which is a perfect match for my skin. I have extremely dry and sensitive skin. This works great. It has a sheer to light coverage and some sparkles. This is very moisturizing but doesn't feel heavy on my skin. It evens out my skin tone and makes it look flawless. It doesn't irritate my skin at all.
Because of the sparkles I think this product is best suited for older ladies or those with very dry skin that tends to get dull. I would not recommend to someone with normal or oily skin or someone who wants moderate to full coverage.
I have noticed the moisturizing foundations making my skin appear white and shiny in pictures. But I cannot wear powders (too drying) or matte finish (too drying) or long wear makeups (too drying).
I really like this and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by mienelienable

I kind of have a love-hate relationship with this product. I hate the shimmer, but when I have it on, people always say that my skin looks beautiful. Even when I fotograph it, it just gives a suptle glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Mayl1ng

Having extremely dry skin, I always use a primer under this foundation and I think it helps a lot with my dry skin and making the foundation last longer.
Though I still have some dry patches I find that a fine mist of setting spray just tones it down and I really like the end result.

I did have my doubts when I first tried the product on my hand and saw that it was slightly sparkly, but on my face it gave a very dewy look which is great.

The reason I gave 4 as an overall rating was that the coverage is very light and may be a problem sometimes when I want more coverage for example at a party where there is flash photography, but works really well for a day of exploring the city or a picnic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this for my dry and dehydrated skin. I really can't see a speck of glimmer in there, but my skin is so dry it would be pretty hard to tell. I'm NC5 or 10 (MAC doesn't had a shade light enough for me!) or 150 Buff in Colourstay and I got matched with 02 Linen, which is a neutral shade but I feel is a touch to chalky on me, but in terms of moisture, it is spot on amazing!

Edit - lasting power is terrible and this stuff is really expensive! Have changed my answer to no.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Doxxe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because i simply needed a new foundation for Prom. I specificly asked the mua for a foundation that photographs well. She tried this on me and I loved it. It was beautiful on my skin and it didn't feel like I was wearing anything. I bought it and on my way home I noticed something on my hand, Sparkles! I took a look in the mirror and I looked like freaking Edward Cullen. It was horrible. I washed it of as soon as i got home and then I forgot about it for a while, Until about a week ago when I found It In my drawer. I thought that maybe It would look good at night, when there was no sun, so I wore it on a night out. Later, when I saw photos from the Night I noticed That I looked VERY shiny, and i don't get shiny... Ever.

I ended up giving This away in a swap.

Pros: It didn't break me out, It felt nice on the skin

Cons: I looked like Edward Cullen!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticsqueenx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Most people have said they can see glitter in this, I could see the glitter slightly but once applied to my face its not noticeable. It just gives the foundation a nice dewy glowing look which I love!
I have dry skin and have searched for a foundation that looks good on my skin for a while and i do like this however it can sometimes look a little patchy in places. Gonna try applying this is different ways to stop the patchiness.
I do really like this foundation, one of the best I've used.