October 22, 2014 | 1520 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Recently I have been havng issues with my skin in that the area around my eyes has become red, dry, sore and irritated. I have always had sensitive skin but have never experienced any problems with regards to what I put on my face. Anyway, I originally thought it must have been something to do with my eyeshadow, so I went to bare minimum make up, just eyeliner and mascara. However, the problem still persisted, so I came to the conclusion that it must have been something I was reacting to in my foundation. I had only been using MAC and Bourjois foundations, but I was recommended to Clinique by a friend who suffered with similar sensitive skin issues. The main reason why it is good for me is because it is hypoallergenic, 100% fragrance free and also very lightweight and moisturising. I noticed that my skin started clearing up almost instantly, which was wonderful because my eyes had been so bad. I also like the amount of coverage it gives, its a nice dewy finish and you can build it to your desired amount of coverage. I have it in the shade 02 linen, as I'm pretty fair. It comes in quite a small, hygienic tube which is a fair size as you only need a little to go long way. I'd say the only cons to this foundation are that it can fall off your face a little bit unless you use a decent setting powder. Recently with the weather being so hot this foundation isn't really up to the task of withstanding humidity, leaving me looking a little oily in the face when I normally have very dry skin. It is also not a cheap foundation, it is £22 for 30 ml. Overall though, it is a saviour for my skin, this and the Naked Skin foundations are my current favourites.m Would definitely recommend and buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Nesssssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'll start by admitting that I've only been using a sample of this foundation that I got from the Clinique counter.

The lady gave me the sample in the teeniest little pot and I nearly laughed out loud because I thought she was being really stingy and it would only last one or two applications. However, when using this, one of the first things I noticed was that 'a little goes a long way'...you hardly need any of this product to cover your face ( or at least I didn't).

The foundation feels thicker than I excepted and is lovely and smooth to touch.

I have found it to be good for my dry skin because it gives a finish that is dewy enough so you can powder without it being too dry (something I have huge issues with), yet you can wear it without a powder and does not look too shiny. (note: I always use a primer). Yes, it does have a little bit of sparkle in it when you look close, but it is not over the top. It just gives a lovely glow!

Also, staying power. This is not a foundation that is marketed as long wear, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that, when used with my primer underneath and powder over the top, this foundation lasted for my entire shifts at work (7 hours) and beyond! That is comparable to my revlon colorstay foundation (for dry skin), only it gives a more dewy finish, does not require as much product to be used and does not dry out my skin (at least I haven't noticed this yet).

All that said, this is still not what I call a 'miracle' foundation. It is one of the best I've tried, but is also the most expensive.

In summary

PROS:
- gives nice glow
- not greasy/too shiny
- good for dry skin
- only need to use a little product
- pretty good lasting power
- did not irritate my skin

CONS:
- not good if you don't like a dewy glow
- would not be good for oily skin
- reasonably expensive

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by harneet11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and used to suffer from eczema, i tried this product and it was the worst thing that i have ever used on my face. I applied this to my cheeks ans straight away my face turned red and it even made my face appear more dry than it originally was, my face was not dry or red before i applied it either.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by isina91

I LOVE this foundation! I have normal to dry skin and i was on a hunt for a dewy foundation (especially for summer time)! It's really light weight and pretty sheer even though it is buildable! I don't have major problems with my skin a part frm my dryness! It has some sparkles but once applied u r left with a beautiful finish! I heard that it is discontinued and i really hope i'm wrong!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Straussie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros: hydrating, longwearing, doesn't cling to dry spotsCons: shimmer
"I was given this foundation after my aunt wasn't able to make it work for her, I'm usually a Type 3/4 but recently the skin around my 'muzzle' as I call it has got so dry and flakey it's been hideous.
My first reaction to the foundation was that I'd be looking like oilslick wiithin an hour, but 5 hours in and no excessive oils I was pretty impressed. Even my matte/longwear foundations don't usually last that long.
I like the formula, it glides on nicely with a duo-fibre style brush, and it doesn't streak or go patchy. I usually use a pea-sized amount, so even thought it's alot more expensive that what I'd usually spend on a foundation, I do think it's worth it, and doing my face in the morning takes half the time using this.
I'm not too keen on the amount of glitter in the formula, but once you've powdered, the dewy glow is a little more subtle. Love the staying power, it only requires a few touch ups during the day, but I guess that's to be expected when it's not typically for your skin type.
Overall, very pleased with the product, but I feel as the weather warms up it may be a short-lived love affair as the dryness in my skin will disappears with the rising temperature.
Overall, love this for an everyday foundation & can't wait to try more."

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Bethechange93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive and dry skin. I'm always hesitant to use liquid foundations in fear of an allergic reaction. This however worked wonders on my skin. It blended well, however I could go without the bits of glitter in it, overall finish was a bit to sparkly for my taste. I little did go a long way for me, I tend to have redness and uneven skin tone. While I try not to wear any make up during a dry skin or allergy breakout, due to work I had to and used this foundation, it covered well and didn't irritate my skin at all. It cleans off easily and after removal it doesn't leave my skin harsh and dry like most liquid foundations. I will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by FloralRed

I bought this product because I was in need of a good coverage foundation, and also to try something different because I always used to stick with powders for the safety of not breaking out, as my skin tends to do with liquids. I was skeptical, because most liquid foundations leaves a dewy look on me and causes acne, and also because lately my skin has been very troublesome and disturbed. I don't know what's causing it, but I have dry skin if I don't put enough moisturizer (I put like 2 layers on), I'm breaking out, my skin gets itchy, it's flaky... Yeah it's super annoying, and my skin used to look real good too!

Anywho, the lady at the counter put it on the left half of my face and I was truthfully somewhat surprised. It didn't irritate my sensitive skin; there was no burning sensation and it didn't disrupt my flaky skin. It felt calm and just normal. The shade was PERFECT on my skin. It had pretty good coverage. Maybe a little too much for me but it was needed since I have all these stupid pimples everywhere. Feels a little heavier than my bare minerals ready foundation but for the look it gave me I can't complain; covered the redness in my acne and made my skin look still like skin. Since I haven't exfoliated in a while when I tried this I will do another update in a day or two after I apply my foundation on top of exfoliated skin. Some flakiness was accentuated with this foundation, but after fixing it with my MAC setting spray it looked better.

I actually really like the packaging, I don't know why. It's really simple, comes in a small tube and a mirrored cap. It looks chic and professional. The price is really expensive, but I can't really use drug store brands because I don't trust them on my skin. All and all I can say that I am impressed with this foundation, gives good coverage and a natural look. When I took it off after 8 hours of wear my pimples looked more red, like they couldn't breathe with my foundation so maybe I should limit my use on this stuff...

EDIT: I'm surprised and how this stuff doesn't break me out, and it does do the job at hydrating my skin. However, it accentuates my flaky skin and my bumps. The glitter further accentuates those flaws as well. I think I can see why they added shimmer because without it it does look dull. Also I noticed that my skin just felt... uncomfortable. It felt a little heavy and I hate that feeling! One lippie down.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by natcoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked up a sample on my lunch break today, as I've been on the hunt for a new foundation.

She tried it on in the shop, it looked okay but I asked for a pot as you can't really tell how it really is until you apply it your own way.

I came back to the office and applied it.

It has a thick texture, it was also a lot darker than the tiny swab she gave me.

It was too dark but I decided to work with it, blending it down a bit. it looks slightly dewy, maybe that's from the sparkles? The darker tone makes me look like I've been out in the sun but my skin doesn't look like mine, nor does it look like skin. Maybe it's because I'm so used to BB cream.

It's been on for 2 hours now, and my face feels gross. Thick, heavy, slimy and just not normal! I feel like there's cement on my face even though the coverage isn't as heavy, as say, MAC.

May work for other people, but didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Nailsister

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has been recommended to me by a pharmacist, so I thought it must be good for my skin. Well, it is. It does moisturize my dry skin and provides a light to medium coverage. But I still have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. I don't like the sparkles and it seems to accentuate the unevenness of my forehead. I don't know why this is, but I normally don't use this product because of that, which is really annoying considering the price you pay for this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Ivory which is a perfect match for my skin. I have extremely dry and sensitive skin. This works great. It has a sheer to light coverage and some sparkles. This is very moisturizing but doesn't feel heavy on my skin. It evens out my skin tone and makes it look flawless. It doesn't irritate my skin at all.
Because of the sparkles I think this product is best suited for older ladies or those with very dry skin that tends to get dull. I would not recommend to someone with normal or oily skin or someone who wants moderate to full coverage.
I have noticed the moisturizing foundations making my skin appear white and shiny in pictures. But I cannot wear powders (too drying) or matte finish (too drying) or long wear makeups (too drying).
I really like this and will repurchase.