Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT

4.4

on 4/25/2014 6:43:00 PM

I have been a fan of SJP "Lovely" since its debut, so when NR "For Her" came on the scene and was regularly compared to "Lovely" I took a pass. "Lovely" is the less expensive of the two and I was quite happy with it. I appreciated this soft, complex fragrance: a floral but not your typical "bridal bouquet" floral. It's certainly one of the better celeb-scents I've ever encountered. Kudos to Sarah. But the other day a patient plopped down in my dental chair and smelled wonderful. Before we even started talking about her teeth I demanded to know what she was wearing - "Narciso Rodriquez for Her." She qualifed her answer, stating that she only wears the EDT because her step-father told her the EDP made her smell like an old lady. So off to Sephora I went..again. (My next confession: "Forgive me father for I have sinned, I have 750 Sephora bonus points.')....
Anyhow, a rollerball, exclusive to Sephora, is available for $25.00 if you want to try "For Her." Not a bad investment.

My gripe with SJP "Lovely" is how quickly it dissipates. It's a soft scent to begin with that quickly evaporates into nothing. When it first came on the market, I could layer it with the "Lovely" body lotion, but that's no longer available. I am not sure if "Lovely" is on its way out but it's certainly not as easy to find as it once was.

Even though I used the EDT version of "For Her", I would say it is much more concentrated than the EDT "Lovely." Because of this, you need to be careful. My advice: use this fragrance like you would "Angel" - sparingly. One spritz on the chest or belly will suffice. The scent is musky with a hint of what I think is rose. This one doesn't wear off in record time but lingers. I appreciate that. I am sick of spending my hard earned money on scents I love that do not last. Jennifer Aniston's scent is a classic example of a beautiful perfume that has absolutely no endurance in the wear department.

I am so happy to have discovered "For Her.". It's definitely "For Me" and fills a gap in my fragrance wardrobe - soft but substantial. Wish there were more like that out there.

on 3/20/2014 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Fresh, daytime kind of fragnance, I think it would suit everyone.

on 2/25/2014 11:09:00 PM

My mum is a huge fan of this ragrance. She is in her 50s and wears this fragrance with grace and elegance.

on 2/21/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wore my NR for Her EDT again (black bottle) earlier this week, and ahhh! -- it was like coming home. I feel so comfortable and like "me" in this scent.

Launched in 2003, it's earthy, natural, musky -- with a bit of tang or a bite/saltiness from what note, I don't know -- vetiver maybe? A scent for musk-lovers -- for hippies, goth, naturalists, non-conformists -- the straightforward, the unpretentious -- for those who don't like foo-foo fancy or flowery perfumes -- for those who like to keep it real. A down-to-earth honest fragrance. Becomes one with skin scent. Great stuff!

I own the EDT (black bottle), the EDP (pink bottle), Eau Delicat (lilac bottle), and L'eau (light pink bottle) -- love them all and have separate reviews. Notes for all are listed for comparison under my NR for Her EDP (pink bottle) review.

on 11/19/2013 2:13:00 PM

Really beautiful packging & really nice perfume. Just very subtle and elegant, I don't think anyone would dislike it. BUT... it's NOTHING SPECIAL. There're SO MANY perfumes in the market with similar smell but only cost a fraction of its retail price.

on 11/14/2013 2:32:00 PM

I read the many rave reviews on this perfume and after a long consideration ,I decided to take the plunge and buy it without ever trying this on .I purchased the Gift Set from Nordstrom that includes the EDT 3.4 ounces,Purse Mini Spray 10ml, and body cream 30 ml. This perfume is woodsy, sulky and musky, definately fall/winter/evening perfume. However ,it is not the Stunner that most people described it to be. From what I read most people seem to dislike the opening and enjoy the dry down. With me it was the opposite,I loved the initial opening notes, it smelled very sophisticated, expensive and promising ,but it quickly developed into an one dimensional barber's shaving cream smell that stayed pretty much throughout .It culminated in a soapy,shampoo-y finish at the end. Once I made the men shaving cream association,I was unable to love this perfume. I have no idea why this is, maybe the tactile musk/solar musk blend?Anyway there are much more beautiful and enticing woody Orientals out there,that are softer, creamier ,more complex and have much more character , for example Code and Diamonds by Armani.This is definitely not $100 perfume, $70 at most. Overrated,you end up paying top price for the Hype.

on 10/17/2013 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am quite difficult and picky when it comes to choosing a signature scent, but this scent (EDT) has not left my top three since it was introduced. It is warm (fall/winter for sure), quiet and restrained, sexy, sophisticated, graceful, and oh so elegant. It has a very subtle naughty side as well, but only b/c it possesses such a mysteriously soft and feminine saunter. It is also one of the most consistent scents when it comes to dry down and staying power. LOVE it!

Doesn't smell like "perfume" per se, and that's what I love about it. Best succinctly described as: "raw feminine natural without being vulgar".

on 8/31/2013 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Been wearing this scent for years! Very clean yet has a muskiness to it that I can't resist! This will definitely always be one of my favorites. Tends to stick on some more potent than others, however it lasts all day when I wear it and I constantly am asked what fragrance I'm wearing.

on 8/21/2013 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This fragrance is the perfect example of a musky fruity white floral executed well. It's so lovely and it has the perfect blend of pretty and sexy. I understand why so many own and love this scent and so many have written good reviews. It truly lives up to the hype. I find it to be long lasting and potent. The best aspect, however, is the beautiful sillage you leave behind. It's really stunning. I prefer to wear at night time and in close quarters and prefer it in cooler weather as opposed to the warmer months. I recommend.

Popular Fragrances