November 28, 2014 | 1257 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - eau de toilette

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Teochasse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read the many rave reviews on this perfume and after a long consideration ,I decided to take the plunge and buy it without ever trying this on .I purchased the Gift Set from Nordstrom that includes the EDT 3.4 ounces,Purse Mini Spray 10ml, and body cream 30 ml. This perfume is woodsy, sulky and musky, definately fall/winter/evening perfume. However ,it is not the Stunner that most people described it to be. From what I read most people seem to dislike the opening and enjoy the dry down. With me it was the opposite,I loved the initial opening notes, it smelled very sophisticated, expensive and promising ,but it quickly developed into an one dimensional barber's shaving cream smell that stayed pretty much throughout .It culminated in a soapy,shampoo-y finish at the end. Once I made the men shaving cream association,I was unable to love this perfume. I have no idea why this is, maybe the tactile musk/solar musk blend?Anyway there are much more beautiful and enticing woody Orientals out there,that are softer, creamier ,more complex and have much more character , for example Code and Diamonds by Armani.This is definitely not $100 perfume, $70 at most. Overrated,you end up paying top price for the Hype.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by A2Zin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am quite difficult and picky when it comes to choosing a signature scent, but this scent (EDT) has not left my top three since it was introduced. It is warm (fall/winter for sure), quiet and restrained, sexy, sophisticated, graceful, and oh so elegant. It has a very subtle naughty side as well, but only b/c it possesses such a mysteriously soft and feminine saunter. It is also one of the most consistent scents when it comes to dry down and staying power. LOVE it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Doesn't smell like "perfume" per se, and that's what I love about it. Best succinctly described as: "raw feminine natural without being vulgar".

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by kelseykay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Been wearing this scent for years! Very clean yet has a muskiness to it that I can't resist! This will definitely always be one of my favorites. Tends to stick on some more potent than others, however it lasts all day when I wear it and I constantly am asked what fragrance I'm wearing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is the perfect example of a musky fruity white floral executed well. It's so lovely and it has the perfect blend of pretty and sexy. I understand why so many own and love this scent and so many have written good reviews. It truly lives up to the hype. I find it to be long lasting and potent. The best aspect, however, is the beautiful sillage you leave behind. It's really stunning. I prefer to wear at night time and in close quarters and prefer it in cooler weather as opposed to the warmer months. I recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I LOVE <3 <3 this perfume! My favorite! Before the boyfriend gifted me this, I hoarded all kinds of smell strips from all the magazines I read. That's how I first discovered it. I smelled it the very first time on paper and I was in love ever since! It is so soft and feminine, my favorite is the dry down and when I spray my clothes it lingers and I just inhale it. I can't really describe it, it is a little musky but soft and tender and it is a floral type scent. I just picture in my mind little sparkles and bubbles like something magical and yet lots of flowers whenever I spray lol. I did want to know the difference between the pink bottle and the black bottle so I headed to a Sephora. I like the black which is the eau de toilette, softer smelling. The pink one is a little louder and maybe some sharper notes. Anyways love this perfume!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by justacupoftea

Love this perfume so much, it's quite feminine and fresh but there's something a little different about it that sets it apart from other similar fragrances. When I first tried it in a shop I couldn't stop smelling it all day & it seemed to work well on my skin. I think this one will be a favourite for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by hollyc01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gosh this is a confusing line, I just wish they would name their totally different scents, totally different names. Having said that the EdT (Black Bottle, Pink Box) is the real stunner in this line. I found the musk oil very fleeting and ordinary and the EdP an exact dupe of Agent Provocateur, very, very heavy on the rose. The EdT however is a winter scent for me. Heavy animalic sexy musk over florals and woods. This is a strong scent, but not obnoxious. Decent lasting power but not indelible. The scent is very come hither and is rich but mellow and somehow sexual at the same time. I really enjoy it occasionally. I feel it is destined to be a "vintage classic" 20 years from now is they don't fiddle with the formula . . . yeah right what are the chances of THAT not happening. We can always hope. This is not a scent for those that prefer "inoffensive" (offensive in MY book) tepid body spray chemical mish mashes. It's a real perfume that's going to be noticed.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A pretty honeyed orange blossom in the beginning balanced by a clean musk. Not too remarkable, but not offensive either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i wore the eau de parfum last summer and it was a very soft skin scent that lasted a few hours. it was never very detectable. i went through the bottle very quickly because i would reapply midday and the evening if i was going out. i am currently using the eau de toilette and the staying power is much longer. the eau de toilette also seems to have more notes to the fragrance. it is sexier. it smells like a muskier floral. i feel really confident wearing this. also the eau de parfum smelled too much like dior's miss cherie. this is a more pleasing fragrance to me. the bottle is sleek and modern and it will last a few months.