Vaseline Vitalizing Gel Body Oil, With Brazillian Nut and Almond Oils

3.9

I bought this product because I have used and enjoyed body oils in the past and thought this would be less messy. I'll agree with all the other reviewers, the stuff never sinks in. The oil residue gets on everything. It does make your skin quite silky (or slick) but I couldn't stand the feeling.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Going to start off by disagreeing with the majority of reviews... I really do not like the fragrance. Reminds me of Palmer's Cocoa butter, which I also dislike.

As far as it's moisturizing properties go, I love it. I basically massage it into wet or damp skin for 10-15 minutes after a shower. It takes a while to really sink in, but your skin is buttery, supple and absolutely radiant.

The gel formula is so much easier to control than a traditional liquid body oil... so you don't end up making a mess and get just the right amount of product.

This is great for rubbing on bare shoulders and legs for a night out because it gives a FANTASTIC sheen to the skin.

A little goes a long way and it is CHEAP. Great product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this body oil. Luckily I had read an informative beauty blog about this oil before purchasing it, so I knew exactly how to apply it (beautyaddict.blogspot.com). The trick is to apply it right when you are done with your shower, while still dripping wet, and just a little bit will do. Then pat dry with a towel (one that you don't mind getting some body oil on, obviously). It's great at moisturizing and really doesn't stay oily if you do this method properly. It also smells PHENOMENAL. It's possibly the best part about this. The scent doesn't stay long on your skin though, which is good if you wear perfume.

i love this product, superdrug were doing a 2 for 1 offer on vaseline products so i picked this up and a big tub of body butter.
I love the nutty smell of this, and i love how cute it looks also (i know how weird - but the bubbles are pretty!) it takes a very little amount as some of the other reviewers have mentioned it takes a while to sink in, so should be use sparingly, but its amazing for dry skin and leaves the skin so soft and smelling good, will definitely repurchase and its quite cheap too, which is a bonus!

I was so thoroughly disappointed with this product. I loved the smell. Wanted to marry the smell. However, I found this gloppy and too slippery for a gel-type oil.

I have used baby oil for years to shave with and bought this to use instead, thinking there would be LESS gloppiness and slippery-ness, but it's worse. And it sticks to the walls in the shower and is really ... gross.

I could have lived with the mess - I do wash my shower after all and I did love the smell, so I continued to use it. Unfortunately, this takes a LONG TIME to soak in to the skin and WILL get all over your bedsheets, pajama pants,etc. I sat on my leather couch a few hours after showering and actually got oil (which I thought I had rubbed in enough with a TOWEL) all over the leather.

I actually threw this product away; I knew I'd never use it again. :(

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What a great product. Very good for dry skin. The oil sinks in and stays all day. Love it.

I bought this at Target after I took a quick curiosity sniff of it. I absolutely LOVE the scent! It reminds me of summer. Very tropical and exotic feeling. It was reduced in price to about 4 or 5 bucks so I snatched up a bottle.
I love the scent and the way it moisturizes my skin, but it does tend to remain greasy for awhile. I'm not really surprised by that, since most body oils are somewhat greasy. However, it does make it a bit inconvenient when you are on the go and need a quick moisturizer. Also I've noticed that the scent doesn't last very long. It seems to fade after about an hour until I can't smell it at all.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Ran out of my Aveeno moisturizing lotion, and have grown tired of the slight scent of that (it's unscented, but still has a scent). So far, I really love this. The smell is awesome-- a mix of almond and cocoa butter it seems. It has been great on my dry legs. I will re-review as to its moisturizing qualities, but the scent is the main draw so far. I have no complaints about mineral oil; I find it a good moisturizer. Besides, there are other oils in this. I was considering L'Occitane's almond oil body wash, but this is a much cheaper alternative.

Looks like I'm in the minority, I hate this stuff. Mineral oil and more mineral oil. Yuck. This stuff does NOT EVER sink in. Leaves a very gross layer of sticky tacky greasiness. Had to throw it away after trying to make it work for a month. It does smell good, oh well. Maybe I was using too much but I'm not up for buying and being disappointed again.

During the winter, my skin becomes dry and irritated on my legs where I shave. Being anemic and perpetually cold during the months of October through March, those goosebumps that don't go away make for some difficult shaving on my legs. I purchased this body oil in the hopes that it would help with the dryness and also soften up the hair shafts so that shaving would be a breeze. So far, so good. I use it about once every other day - just on my legs; sometimes every day if I remember. I think it's too oily to use anywhere else. I'm usually very sensitive to fragranced lotions (though perfume never bothers me - go figure) so I was concerned that this may cause a reaction but it went on smoothly and my legs felt very much conditioned and easier to shave the next day. Definitely a great value and worth every penny (though it doesn't cost many)!

Popular Body Skincare Products