October 26, 2014 | 1061 users online

Treatments (Face) - Ice Cubes

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jueuni

I had a really big pimple on my cheek. I wrapped my ice cube with a washcloth and held it to my pimple for 3-4 minutes. It's size reduced! After doing so, I'd just continue applying a pimple cream :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

You know that look that you have on your cheeks after you've played in the snow? You're all flushed and glowy and dewy fresh-faced? It's ice-cold outside and you come in but your face looks absolutely amazing?
In the winter, I take my dogs for their walk at night and it's bitter cold sometimes, but when I come back, I'll take a look in the mirror and my face looks absolutely glowing and fresh.
Now, after washing your face, take some crushed ice (just take a hammer to some ice cubes in a plastic bag) and toss the ice chips over your face haphazardly. Keep doing this until you see a glow. Not until you feel a frost-bite coming on. That's too much. You'll feel a tightness, a nice pinkness, any puffiness should be lessened if there was any (you can concentrate the ice around the eyes), and you can't beat the price. It's just a nice feeling. And in the summertime, it's oh so refreshing and cooling. You can even do this with makeup on if you do it gently and it doesn't disturb your face. It just cools you down but brightens your look.
And in the summer, you can take the extra water and slick your hair back, add some gel or salt water for a beach-tousled effect.
You just can't beat the price.
Who would have thought about ice cubes?

7 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ice Cubes are seriously one of the best beauty secrets!

Some uses:

- Helps with eye bags

- Can reduce swelling & redness of pimples

- To soothe sore skin

The best part is that it contains no harsh chemicals & it's so readily available!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by auliadyahr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love ice cubes! Have been using it for 2 weeks and my friends has noticed the difference on my face! Since ice cube tightens the pores and calm the pimples, now my face is clearer and brighter. And what i love the most that it is natural. This doesnt have negative effect so far, and hopefully it doesnt indeed :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Using Ice Cubes to treat acne is one of the best home remedies i've ever tried! When I have an irritated inflamed pimple that simply won't go away, I wrap an ice cube in a napkin and apply it to the area for 20-30 seconds. After doing this for about 5 minutes the pimple will significantly go down in size and redness around the area. I especially use this technique if i have popped a pimple and need to apply makeup.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by keekz

So, i read the reviews last night and decided to try it out. I had a little pimple forming on my chin so i applied an ice cube for 3 mins, on and off, and in the morning it was definatley smaller but not gone.

Seeing as this pimple-fighting method is free, you really can't go wrong! Only downfall is that it hurts a bit when you apply to more sensitive areas such as the forehead.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by srao92

If you aren't using this.. You are missing out.

Tips:
Use after cleansing your face
Use your washcloth to hold it
Rub it around your face for a minute
Hold for thirty seconds on any acne (or until it starts to numb up)
Start with once a week and gradually build up to every other day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is more commonly used for zits but it's also good for eye puffiness especially when you wake up after a crying marathon. It helps the swelling. Also, after putting on cleanser, you can use ice cubes to close your pores immediately for better absorption.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I didn't know there was a review section for this until I searched 'best value'. I've been using this meathod for a few months whenever I get a big, under the skin blemish. I wrap the ice cube in a paper towel and press it to the blemish for a few minutes until I feel like my face is numb. When I remove it, the swelling has gone down and it's easy to apply makeup to it. It works onmy whiteheads, too. Sometimes I'll give myself an ice facial, where I rub ice over my entire face for a few minutes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this to calm swelling or redness after removing facial hair , whether by threading or waxing , absloutely safe and very suitable for sensitive skin ..I used it on a friend who has very delicate sensitive skin who always complain of breakout , swelling and bumps after facial hair removal and her skin calmed down immediately ..Don't use products anymore on your face before or after threading or waxing facial hair just wash your face with mild soap or a good foamy cleanser before and after hair removal and an ice cube held with a piece of cotton , pass it in circular motion on the whole face and swelling for some time and that's it :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No