Ice Cubes

4.7

water, coldness

on 12/22/2014 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

For me, it tightened poors a tiny bit and gave me a rosy glow.
It gave me the exact same results that an exfoliator does, and it's much cheaper.

on 12/3/2014 3:59:00 AM

Cheap, easy and no hassell.

You have to be-careful using ice as in the long term it can damage delicate skin. I only do it say once a week or when I have puffy eyes. I have a tray already stocked up in my freezer. It consist of green tea at the moment.

Couple of green tea bags in a mug, boil water leave to sit for ages. Pour in ice tray and pop in freezer. Green tea is very good for the skin. I use a muslin cloth, wrap the ice cube inside then light dabbing all the way around the eyes in circular movement.

It doesn't fully get rid of puffiness, it reduces it, makes the skin tight and eyes more refreshed.

on 11/16/2014 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For months, I have been using on my face a paste made with regular uncoated aspirin followed by ice cubes in circular motions Aspirin tablets contain a compound derived from salicylic acid -- which helps to cleanse pores, remove dead skin cells and heal blemishes. Ice cubes soothes swelling and inflammation.
For acne spot treatment, ( not for those allergic to aspirin), I crush two or three aspirins , add four or five dops of water to make a paste, apply it to irritated areas of the skin followed by circular motions with ice cubes wrapped in plastic wrap or a washcloth for a period of five minutes. Then I let it dry naturally for half an hour and rinse.. (Avoid gettting the paste around the nostril area and the eyes, the aspirin breakups into a loose powder, once it dries, which could irritate your eyes or makes you sneeze.)

Also

I use ice to temporarily minimize the size of my pores. It reduces inflammation in the skin by concentrating blood flow.
Use two to three small ice cubes, wrap them in cloth, and apply to facial pores with gentle pressure. Apply to one area of the face for approximately 30 seconds to one minute.
(Avoid using ice that is taken directly from the freezing temperatures (it can burn the skinand irritate even further), let it seat for a while until it wets, then apply as suggested.

on 7/31/2014 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Ice can calm inflamation, soothe a burn, help with puffy eyes - but use with care and a barrier between it and your skin. Free - make it at home yourself.

on 6/22/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Who new ice cubes would work so well as a spot treatment! Every time I notice a zit forming I fold a napkin, hold the star shaped ice cube with it, press for 10 seconds, move it around for a few seconds and repeat until it melts. Works great to prevent swelling although not 100% as expected. Repeat twice a day until the imperfection is gone. Rubbing ice on my face isn't that pleasant to me but it's costless and effective so I'll continue to do so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is one of the things I recur to when I have diverse skin issues. It's super great for reducing skin inflammation, rashes, zits, huge pores and it also tightens the skin. When I get cystic pimples before my period, I always press an ice cube repeatedly against them until it melts. It helps reduce their size and inflammation overnight.

on 4/7/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Applying ice cubes on my skin is very very beneficial n it tones my skin and removes al spots.... I use it twice daily .... Morning as well as night.... N it really really helps..... I use it after my cleansing n apply my skin care products later.... I highly recommend this product .....

Heard that cold compresses help puffy eyes. They don't; it just feels cool to the point of uncomfortable. I wrapped mine in a thin towel as told, although it was really cold. It doesn't do anything... Splash some cool water on your face instead if you are using ice to wake up.

Also, a cool damp towel doesn't help puffiness either. Even cold damp towels.

on 12/31/2013 11:53:00 PM

Here's what I do once or twice a day:

Buy stocking material sockets (the thin, transparent ones) to hold the ice cubes in.

Put 1 or 2 ice cubes (mine are not very large) in the socket and position it so the flat end can be rubbed against my face. I usually just twist the socket tightly to hold the ice cube in place.

Rub a dub dub that lovely ice all over your clean face, concentrating on an areas with spots and on the under eye area. It's very soothing. I follow this with whatever skin products I want to use.

Results I've seen:

My under eye circles lightened after 2 days of use (this doesn't get rid of them totally but it really helps).

Any under eye bagginess that had accompanied my dark circles has disappeared. Even on days I forget to ice my face I no longer have eye bags.

It helps stop emerging pimples or helps spots to heal more quickly.

Tones the face and helps keep my skin feeling smooth and moist.

on 11/3/2013 3:31:00 PM

Icing my face is the best thing I've done for my skin, ever. After finally getting my hormonal cystic acne under control through Spiro, BC, and dietary changes (no cow's milk products, low gluten, lots of fruits/veggies), I was still left with small, flat, red bumps that never seemed to go away. I had long suspected that my lifestyle/job was to blame: I am a hot yoga teacher and spend many hours each week either teaching or practicing yoga in a heated room. I religiously washed my face after practicing, never wore makeup in the hot room, etc., but still the breakouts persisted. On a lark, I decided to begin icing down my face after being in the heat, and the results were almost instantaneous.

I know some may think it's a bit extreme, but I ice my face 2-3 times a day: after washing my face in the AM and before applying my skincare products, anytime after I've been teaching or doing yoga in the heated room, and after washing my face in the PM, before I apply my nighttime moisturizer. I simply take an ice cube and lightly swipe it across my skin, paying special attention to the areas that tended to break out--the sides of my nose and mouth, and the area around my eyebrows. If I'm diligent about doing this, I have no breakouts. When I get lazy, the breakouts return.

My skin is calmer, less red, and looks amazingly bright and clear when I consistently use ice in my routine. So if you're on the fence, you really should give it a try. There's nothing to lose, especially considering that it cost absolutely nothing but a few minutes of time!

Popular Treatments (Face)