November 27, 2014 | 941 users online

Treatments (Face) - Ice Cubes

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love rubbing ice on my face morning and night. It acts like a toner, tightening my pores and reducing puffiness around my eyes in the morning. It also acts to give a fresh faced look like I've just walked in the cold, so my cheeks get that red snow kissed look which I love! I actually amped my ice up recently after watching Michelle Phan on YouTube, who suggested green tea and vitamin e tablets mixed in (look it up!) to act as an antioxidant in the ice. I love this!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by dchamp10

Ice mini-facials have been working great for me. I have had cystic acne since I was 19 (now 33) and I wish I had known about this much sooner. I have been using the ice cubes every other night for two weeks and have seen a good reduction in the size of blemishes under my skin and in the number of blemishes already on top of my skin. My porea are shrinking and my skin is starting to look less red And irritated. My biggest recommendation is to use this as a preventative measure....not just treatment.

Regimen (every other night):
- cleanse face as usual
- wrap two ice cubes in a wash cloth
- hold (I don't rub) the wash cloth on the different areas of my face for 1-2 minutes (I start with my forehead and then move to my nose and then to my cheeks and chin/jaw line)
- finish with toner/acne treatment/moisturizer

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jueuni

I had a really big pimple on my cheek. I wrapped my ice cube with a washcloth and held it to my pimple for 3-4 minutes. It's size reduced! After doing so, I'd just continue applying a pimple cream :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

You know that look that you have on your cheeks after you've played in the snow? You're all flushed and glowy and dewy fresh-faced? It's ice-cold outside and you come in but your face looks absolutely amazing?
In the winter, I take my dogs for their walk at night and it's bitter cold sometimes, but when I come back, I'll take a look in the mirror and my face looks absolutely glowing and fresh.
Now, after washing your face, take some crushed ice (just take a hammer to some ice cubes in a plastic bag) and toss the ice chips over your face haphazardly. Keep doing this until you see a glow. Not until you feel a frost-bite coming on. That's too much. You'll feel a tightness, a nice pinkness, any puffiness should be lessened if there was any (you can concentrate the ice around the eyes), and you can't beat the price. It's just a nice feeling. And in the summertime, it's oh so refreshing and cooling. You can even do this with makeup on if you do it gently and it doesn't disturb your face. It just cools you down but brightens your look.
And in the summer, you can take the extra water and slick your hair back, add some gel or salt water for a beach-tousled effect.
You just can't beat the price.
Who would have thought about ice cubes?

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ice Cubes are seriously one of the best beauty secrets!

Some uses:

- Helps with eye bags

- Can reduce swelling & redness of pimples

- To soothe sore skin

The best part is that it contains no harsh chemicals & it's so readily available!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by auliadyahr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love ice cubes! Have been using it for 2 weeks and my friends has noticed the difference on my face! Since ice cube tightens the pores and calm the pimples, now my face is clearer and brighter. And what i love the most that it is natural. This doesnt have negative effect so far, and hopefully it doesnt indeed :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Using Ice Cubes to treat acne is one of the best home remedies i've ever tried! When I have an irritated inflamed pimple that simply won't go away, I wrap an ice cube in a napkin and apply it to the area for 20-30 seconds. After doing this for about 5 minutes the pimple will significantly go down in size and redness around the area. I especially use this technique if i have popped a pimple and need to apply makeup.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by keekz

So, i read the reviews last night and decided to try it out. I had a little pimple forming on my chin so i applied an ice cube for 3 mins, on and off, and in the morning it was definatley smaller but not gone.

Seeing as this pimple-fighting method is free, you really can't go wrong! Only downfall is that it hurts a bit when you apply to more sensitive areas such as the forehead.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by srao92

If you aren't using this.. You are missing out.

Tips:
Use after cleansing your face
Use your washcloth to hold it
Rub it around your face for a minute
Hold for thirty seconds on any acne (or until it starts to numb up)
Start with once a week and gradually build up to every other day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is more commonly used for zits but it's also good for eye puffiness especially when you wake up after a crying marathon. It helps the swelling. Also, after putting on cleanser, you can use ice cubes to close your pores immediately for better absorption.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No