Ice Cubes

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

water, coldness

Heard that cold compresses help puffy eyes. They don't; it just feels cool to the point of uncomfortable. I wrapped mine in a thin towel as told, although it was really cold. It doesn't do anything... Splash some cool water on your face instead if you are using ice to wake up.

Also, a cool damp towel doesn't help puffiness either. Even cold damp towels.

on 12/31/2013 11:53:00 PM

Here's what I do once or twice a day:

Buy stocking material sockets (the thin, transparent ones) to hold the ice cubes in.

Put 1 or 2 ice cubes (mine are not very large) in the socket and position it so the flat end can be rubbed against my face. I usually just twist the socket tightly to hold the ice cube in place.

Rub a dub dub that lovely ice all over your clean face, concentrating on an areas with spots and on the under eye area. It's very soothing. I follow this with whatever skin products I want to use.

Results I've seen:

My under eye circles lightened after 2 days of use (this doesn't get rid of them totally but it really helps).

Any under eye bagginess that had accompanied my dark circles has disappeared. Even on days I forget to ice my face I no longer have eye bags.

It helps stop emerging pimples or helps spots to heal more quickly.

Tones the face and helps keep my skin feeling smooth and moist.

on 11/3/2013 3:31:00 PM

Icing my face is the best thing I've done for my skin, ever. After finally getting my hormonal cystic acne under control through Spiro, BC, and dietary changes (no cow's milk products, low gluten, lots of fruits/veggies), I was still left with small, flat, red bumps that never seemed to go away. I had long suspected that my lifestyle/job was to blame: I am a hot yoga teacher and spend many hours each week either teaching or practicing yoga in a heated room. I religiously washed my face after practicing, never wore makeup in the hot room, etc., but still the breakouts persisted. On a lark, I decided to begin icing down my face after being in the heat, and the results were almost instantaneous.

I know some may think it's a bit extreme, but I ice my face 2-3 times a day: after washing my face in the AM and before applying my skincare products, anytime after I've been teaching or doing yoga in the heated room, and after washing my face in the PM, before I apply my nighttime moisturizer. I simply take an ice cube and lightly swipe it across my skin, paying special attention to the areas that tended to break out--the sides of my nose and mouth, and the area around my eyebrows. If I'm diligent about doing this, I have no breakouts. When I get lazy, the breakouts return.

My skin is calmer, less red, and looks amazingly bright and clear when I consistently use ice in my routine. So if you're on the fence, you really should give it a try. There's nothing to lose, especially considering that it cost absolutely nothing but a few minutes of time!

on 10/5/2013 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Mjeeeeh... I don't know... It's a exceptionally cheap trick, but I don't really think it does so much for me? It feels nice, but I guess that's it???

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love rubbing ice on my face morning and night. It acts like a toner, tightening my pores and reducing puffiness around my eyes in the morning. It also acts to give a fresh faced look like I've just walked in the cold, so my cheeks get that red snow kissed look which I love! I actually amped my ice up recently after watching Michelle Phan on YouTube, who suggested green tea and vitamin e tablets mixed in (look it up!) to act as an antioxidant in the ice. I love this!

on 5/19/2013 10:51:00 PM

Ice mini-facials have been working great for me. I have had cystic acne since I was 19 (now 33) and I wish I had known about this much sooner. I have been using the ice cubes every other night for two weeks and have seen a good reduction in the size of blemishes under my skin and in the number of blemishes already on top of my skin. My porea are shrinking and my skin is starting to look less red And irritated. My biggest recommendation is to use this as a preventative measure....not just treatment.

Regimen (every other night):
- cleanse face as usual
- wrap two ice cubes in a wash cloth
- hold (I don't rub) the wash cloth on the different areas of my face for 1-2 minutes (I start with my forehead and then move to my nose and then to my cheeks and chin/jaw line)
- finish with toner/acne treatment/moisturizer

on 5/11/2013 12:06:00 AM

I had a really big pimple on my cheek. I wrapped my ice cube with a washcloth and held it to my pimple for 3-4 minutes. It's size reduced! After doing so, I'd just continue applying a pimple cream :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

You know that look that you have on your cheeks after you've played in the snow? You're all flushed and glowy and dewy fresh-faced? It's ice-cold outside and you come in but your face looks absolutely amazing?
In the winter, I take my dogs for their walk at night and it's bitter cold sometimes, but when I come back, I'll take a look in the mirror and my face looks absolutely glowing and fresh.
Now, after washing your face, take some crushed ice (just take a hammer to some ice cubes in a plastic bag) and toss the ice chips over your face haphazardly. Keep doing this until you see a glow. Not until you feel a frost-bite coming on. That's too much. You'll feel a tightness, a nice pinkness, any puffiness should be lessened if there was any (you can concentrate the ice around the eyes), and you can't beat the price. It's just a nice feeling. And in the summertime, it's oh so refreshing and cooling. You can even do this with makeup on if you do it gently and it doesn't disturb your face. It just cools you down but brightens your look.
And in the summer, you can take the extra water and slick your hair back, add some gel or salt water for a beach-tousled effect.
You just can't beat the price.
Who would have thought about ice cubes?

on 4/7/2013 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Ice Cubes are seriously one of the best beauty secrets!

Some uses:

- Helps with eye bags

- Can reduce swelling & redness of pimples

- To soothe sore skin

The best part is that it contains no harsh chemicals & it's so readily available!

on 4/3/2013 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love love love ice cubes! Have been using it for 2 weeks and my friends has noticed the difference on my face! Since ice cube tightens the pores and calm the pimples, now my face is clearer and brighter. And what i love the most that it is natural. This doesnt have negative effect so far, and hopefully it doesnt indeed :)

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products