November 28, 2014 | 1982 users online

Lotions/ Creams - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea butter

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kblimm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion is definitely worth the money!!! I love how it doesn't feel super thick and sticky like some lotions tend to feel. The smell is perfect, and it isn't too overbearing. My skin felt instantly smoother after just one application. My skin has been extremely dry in the past few of these brutal winter months, and this lotion didn't even irritate the razor burn on my legs. Definitely a clean smell and highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Gunmetal21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

To give a bit of background: I've been using this specific kind of St. Ives lotion since around 2010, when I began working in a bakery. I had to wash my hands constantly throughout the day with a harsh soap, and my hands began drying out and cracking/rashing. Using St. Ives, since it was very non-greasy AND they didn't test on animals/use animal products, was my major reason to keep purchasing and it was pretty cheap for such a big bottle.

They've had at least two product changes since then, but I found the last change to be tolerable. It wasn't any more greasy or more fragranced since I'd last picked up a bottle, and it still say they didn't test on animals, use animal products, etc. This time however was a bit different. (I've had this last bottle for about a year now.)

After deciding it was getting a bit pathetic to continue scraping to get all the lotion out (rofl) I picked up a bottle while I was out for lunch at work from the grocery store. Still a pretty cheap price, and I didn't think they'd changed recently because the bottle looked mostly the same (except for no "NEW LOOK" sticker on the side).

I pretty much instantly noticed it was a lot more scented, and my hands remained greasy feeling for a long time afterwards. I kind of didn't think about it for a while, but I finally have both my old and new bottles in front of me and they're actually pretty different.

The new one no longer states that it's made without phthalates, not animal tested, and does not contain animal products. I noticed fragrance is MUCH higher on the list now; it was the last ingredient besides the colours on the old bottle, and now there's about 10 more ingredients between it and the colours. It looks like they've now added soybean oil to the mix as well.

I'm not entirely sure if this is helpful for anyone, but maybe it will be? I picked up St. Ives initially because it was cruelty-free AND it wasn't greasy. Now it doesn't do either. Sigh.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by harmonyten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well my mom had been given this for Christmas in a set from a friend ! And me being a lotion enthusiast i just had to try this !!! To be honest i have always snubbed cheap products.. And questioned there effectiveness BUT BOY WAS I WRONG! ..i typically use this after a hot shower and when i apply it its soooo soothing! It does what it says but the advertising is false because not all ingredients in there are natural it gives me such a relax warm feeling after using this! But i probably wouldn't run out to buy this or anything but i would defiantly recommend this to a friend!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by donaliew

Love the scent, the coconuty smell motivates me to put them on. If apply at night, skin wakes up softer the next morning. But i guess every body lotion posses that function =/ However, when read the ingredients printed at the bottle, it tells colouring (yellow, blue..) and also fragrance. A setback in confidence, not so natural after all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Dontwannausername

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't write too many reviews: something really has to impress me one way or the other. That said I have really, really dry skin - when I take off my sock, it looks like they have been powdered. I bought this stuff based on the reviews and it was on sale buy 1 get one 50% off (and it's usually $4 a bottle, so ya can't beat that). [FYI: I have the site as a short cut on my phone and it's saved me who-knows-how-much while shopping, thanks all!]

I'm really very happy. I use it after a shower, it sinks in pretty quickly, isn't greasy, I don't need much and while I'm not amazed with the smell (it's not horrible, some kind of vanilla/oat scent) it isn't heavy, doesn't clash with any perfumes I wear and fades within a very short time. I can get through the day and my skin hasn't dried out by evening, which is rather impressive, and I do indeed believe it's helped to improve the condition of my skin in the short time I have used it (a third of a bottle/a couple of weeks)

This is one of a small group of lotions (Curel, Gold bond, Nivea) that I would buy again, and this is much, much more reasonable in price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This body lotion, much like the body wash doesn't do anything for my skin. They both smell amazing but do not hydrate my skin at all, even leaving it feeling a little on the dry side. This body lotion is fairly thick so you would think it would be hydrating but once this absorbs in to my skin (or rubs off), it is just gone, leaving no sign that it was ever there. My skin is just as dry and flaky and rough. I feel like there is a lot of misplaced hyped surrounding this range which is really too bad because for the price of these products, I would love for them to actually work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

I'm so in love with the scent!!! it goes on slightly sticky yet it absorbs into the skin and makes your skin feel moisturized. the scent is not too strong and it's subtle, leaving a nice shea butter scent which is just right. so in love with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lotion is quite incredible. I've been using it for the last year and I have to say that I really loved it.

I've never had an HG body lotion, but this is definitely it. One day my mom and I happened to try this lotion and we loved it. This lotion has such an incredible texture; it's thick, creamy and moisturizing.

The smell is quite nice and not overpowering so if you're easily offended by scents this shouldn't bother you. It's warm and sweet, but I can't put my finger on the exact scents.

The lotion does take a little bit of time to absorb, so you can't just throw your clothes on immediately after you apply it.

The moisturizing effects are effective and long-lasting. I have the type of skin that itches when it's dry, and it doesn't itch at all when I use this lotion once a day. I used to use Garnier's Body Intensive Cream and my skin would become dry and itchy less then four hours later. This lotion keeps your skin moist until the next day!

This lotion is really inexpensive for the amount of product you get, which is another added plus. In short, this lotion is fantastic! Great moisture, yummy smell, huge bottle and cheap price all wrapped up in one product. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great everyday lotion. I bought it to help relieve itching and irritation from shaving my legs and it works great for that. It does seem to actually soothe my skin. It's a light lotion, nothing super-moisturizing, but great for after the shower. It absorbs very quickly and doesn't feel sticky or greasy. The scent is also very light; I suck at describing scents but it's a warmish smell, maybe a little almondy? At any rate it's nothing too offensive. I love this stuff, you get a ton of it for cheap and it will last forever. I would definitely repurchase and definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by sarah2495

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS . it smells amazing. its not expensive at all. it is a huge bottle. V
ERY moisturizing and hydrating.
i use it as soon as i can when i come out of the shower. i do not have dry skin, just normal it can get dry sometimes. but only sometimes.
if i were to go without body lotion for a week or so, my skin would obviously get dry.
if you have eczema or sensitive skin or dehydrated skin or pimples on your chest/back, get this.
even if you have oily skin, still try it out its great. its definitely not thick but its not runny either. LOVE IT. my HG body lotion. w
ill repurchase for life! will have this all over my house when i have a family! lol