April 17, 2014 | 1916 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Glamour Ultra Black

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I quite liked this mascara, the wand is better than that of the Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Care mascara because it's smaller and there are less bristles.
I have the mini version but I believe it works the same as the normal sized one.
I really like the effect it gives my lashes, it makes them soft and feathery, curls them a little and gives them a nice amount of volume so that it still looks natural. I really loved how good this was at separating my lashes. I wouldn't say the color is ''ultra black'' or any blacker than the color of most mascaras.
I will probably buy another one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by jadeylou15

My lashes are longish already so it's volume I need from a mascara. I had a voucher for this so it was only around 5.
I do like the way it makes my eyelashes volume wise, however it didn't really manage to hold a curl on my eyelashes and it was flaky from the first use.
I loved the way it made my lashes look (at first) and the price, the flaking and lack of curl makes it a no for me. I could only use this a handful of times before the flaking drove me mental!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by crazy76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of the few mascaras that I actually really like.I have already quite long but sparce lashes and most mascaras made my lashes look spidery,sticky and unnatural.Not this one though.-it really darkens,adds volume and curls with minimal smudging and it really makes my eyes pop.Only 2 coats are enough for me.The only thing that bothers me a little is the wand that is average and could be a tad better but ok overall I love this..

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by jikla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

this mascara is not bad but not great either.it really curls lashes and gives some volume but not enough for me.its good for everyday use but if you want dramatic lashes this one won't do the trick.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by kedery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not impressed with this mascara. it didnt give my lashes much volume. i wil nog buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 12:48:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddict713

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I have been using it for many years. (I am sad that Sephora no longer carries Bourjois!) No matter how many other mascaras I try, I always go back to this one. I have never found one that I like nearly as much.

My pet peeve with other mascaras is when they make my eyelashes look like dry, hard, black-mud coated spider legs, clumpy and thick. This mascara NEVER clumps on the first coat and only sometimes on the second coat. Any clumps are easily smoothed out by a swipe of my finger, a swipe of a hard paper towel or napkin (tissues leave white dust behind), or a quick swipe from a lash comb.

******* IMPORTANT TIP: Wait for the 1st coat to half-dry before applying the 2nd coat. (If you apply the 2nd coat while the mascara is still too wet, applying the 2nd coat is pointless. If you wait too long and the first coat is too dry, then the results are clumpy and sticky.) I have found that the time it takes to apply each eye with 1 coat is enough time to half-dry. ********

It thickens and lengthens my lashes well, but it does not give as dramatic results as some other mascaras (like DiorShow). I like that it looks natural, which makes it ideal for daily use. However it never flakes, never irritates, never smudges, never leaves rings under my eyes, almost never clumps, and lasts all day, even through sweating and sleeping! I would say it is water-resistant and not waterproof, which is perfect! (I find waterproof mascaras too difficult to remove. Plus I hate that they require tugging at the delicate skin around my eyes to get it off, especially when you get black rings under your eyes from it!) I have very sensitive eyes and wear contacts, so non-flaking, non-irritation, and longevity is very important to me in a mascara. I also like that the finish of it looks a little satiny (slightly shiny, like real eyelashes), supple, soft, and moist, instead of fake, dry, hard, brittle, powdery, and cakey like with other mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by hoangrl

I bought this because bourjois was having a 50% off sale at Priceline. I really wanted the white one as i love that one but i thought i would try this one.
first off its not as good as the white bottle - the volume glamour ultra care or seomthing like that. The formulation is quite dry and i thought it would get flaky but it doesnt. It doesnt live up to its claims of volume. I find this is better for lengthening my asian lashes, but it takes quite a few coats because the formulation is drier. I like the brush and the lenght of the handle, You can easily get to your lashes top and bottom.
i dont think this is very black as the white bottle, if anything i find this gives you nice everyday lashes with not much wow factor.
i find when i use this i get dark circles on my eye after all day of wear so its not that long wearing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by bronze_chiqz

This mascara does live up to its claim, volumising.My lashes look extra black and volumey, thus it can be lil messy if u apply numerous of coats.If I separete wt a dry mascara wand, its perfect again!Just that Ive noticed some tiny flakes for this mascara, turnoff for that!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:32:00 AM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best mascara I have used yet. And I think I have tried at least ten different types. It has replaced my old fave MAC's Plush Lash - I can use Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Black Mascara as a day AND night mascara. I have used this everyday for work - with just one coat it seperates, thickens and lengthens. For a night look a few coats creates a great dramatic effect. Will buy again =]

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 5:51:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really liked the regular Volume Glamour mascara but wanted a darker black and so got this. This lengthens, thickens and volumises without leaving crunchy or clumpy lashes. The black is much blacker than the regular Volume Glamour which is good, but I found the formulation also a bit thicker which left more product on my lashes than the regular Volume Glamour so the end effect wasn't as pleasing (even if I wipe excess product off the wand before using).