April 18, 2014 | 1777 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - T/Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

So after countless products and trips to the dermatologist it was decided that I don't have dandruff but dermatitis, they present similarly but regular dandruff treatment will not treat dermatitis. I've used every store product and prescription, none have worked and this us no exception. I tried it because it claimed to test dandruff, psoriasis and dermatitis but it has done absolutely nothing for me, even the moment after I use it and get out of the shower, the flakes and itching are just as present as before using it. If it works for some people, that's great because only we know what a pain in the but dermatitis, psoriasis and dandruff are but for me it was a waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have had dandruff since i was a wee child. Seriously, the doctor prescribed Selsun for me back when it was a prescription-only product.

Over the years I've tried so many different dandruff shampoos, but my favorite is T-gel. It really does the job of taming my scalp. I am even fond of its smoky tarry smell. I don't like shampoos with a lot of perfume in them, and this stuff just smells like itself.

I don't wash my hair daily - just 2 or 3 times a week - because i've found that nearly every dandruff shampoo is hard on the hair, and a head full of dried out straw is not nice. If you feel you must wash daily, dandruff shampoos are best alternated with a gentler, more moisturizing shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by bellasera973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if I have psoriasis, or just horribly bad itchy/flaky scalp, but my doctor recommended I try Neutrogena T-Gel. So I did, for a full bottle, and noticed absolutely NO difference.

It got rid of the scalp dryness/flakes on the day that I used it, but the next morning, my scalp would be dry and flaking again. I'm so frustrated.

It smells masculine, and like tar (because there's coal tar in it. That's the T in T-gel. It's a dandruff fighter.) but the scent really didn't bother me. You can cover it up by using conditioner afterward. But the product itself just didn't work :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Gillybby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after battling with other anti-dandruff shampoo's to help aid my seborrhoeic dermatitis. I was reluctant because I knew from family members who also used it that it smelled awful. And it really hasn't changed. The bottle says "pleasant frangrance", which I feel is an outright lie.

I noticed it helping right away. I have to use it every day however, but that isn't a trouble because I have to wash my hair every day anyway thanks to my very fine and fast-greasing hair.

After a week however, I noticed my hair becoming very dry and straw-like. I have begun to need to condition my hair heavily to combat this dryness. I will probably not buy this product again and continue to search for other treatments that don't attack the rest of my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by flyingwind66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had uncontrollable dandruff and after using this for about 10 days it's all gone! I did find that if I did not continue to use it at least twice a week that my dandruff would come back.

This stuff burned a bit on any high dandruff patches, it felt like the prescription treatment rub my doctor gave me.

The smell is absolutely horrid though I put up with it since it's the only shampoo that has ever gotten rid of my dandruff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by OvErDoSeDoNbEaUtii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have PSORIASIS in my scalp, I like to use the severe t gel... I do get shampoo from my dermatologist, but I go through it fast and its not cheap so this is my alternative when i run low on my other shampoo from the doctor....I find the best results when I apply it too the scalp then ill add a little water and rub it in, I leave it on my scalp from anywhere to 15-30 min's depending on how much time I have, I do this when im around the house cleaning etc, I don't sit in the shower for 30 min's. it works better for me that way, then I get in the shower and rise it out. putting it in my hair in the shower and leaving it for a few min's doesn't work for me. I get even better results when I do it everyday, so I recommend it. it works pretty well. But I hate the smell yuck

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by njumpy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I have a dry itchy scalp and some dandruff but not crazy amounts. I tried this once before and i HATED it. it made my hair horribly dry and rough and it did nothing for itching and dandruff. then after trying a bunch of other stuff i decided to come back to this and I've gotta say, I like it a lot more than that time. it no longer dries my hair out, at least not EXTREMELY. however, its not a miracle. it did not stop my itching or my dandruff but it does give that clean scalp feeling and it definitely REDUCED both itching and dandruff by like 60-65%. i used to hate the smell as well but now i find it quite tolerable. not exactly pleasant, but okay. they might have changed the formula because a lot of things are different now. bottom line: i will continue to use this because it keeps the scalp problem in check at least.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Firefly80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this for my daughter, her scalp gets do dry and itchy that she scratches so hard and bleeds, poor baby is only 10. Went to the doctor and they suggested putting baby oil, didn't work. They said to try this. It smells horrible but I was hopeful. This didn't work either, thankfully we did find something that did work and she has been itch and flake free since.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by SkyAlternative

I use this because I get blood spots on my head from time to time. I have never gone to the doctor for it because I heard you can try this stuff first to get rid of it. mine is not that severe that I need a doctor it's usually just 3-4 small blood spots/scabs. I usually go through 2-3 bottles of this stuff (around 1-2 months) before they go away. I like the product. It smells awful but it get's the job done. It's a bit costly and wal mart has a store brand for $1-3 less. Would repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell is absolutely horrible, but I think I've gotten used to it. I have the worst dry (more on the thick side) hair and the worst dandruff, and Head and Shoulders was not doing it for me!! Conditioning shampoos worked all right, but when my stepmother bought this for me, my hair grew addicted to it! If I go a day without using this shampoo, my hair gets all flakey! The only downsides are the smell and that it makes my hair kind of greasy, so I usually pair it with just a pump of a different shampoo to counteract that. Otherwise, this is essentially the cure to flakes!