November 28, 2014 | 1913 users online

Mascara - Avon - Uplifting Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by CherryCupcake

I got this mascara for free at a Avon meeting I attended with my mom, so I can't really complain about the price, LOL. However, I would spend my hard earned money to purchase this product, and the advertised price is decent.

Overall, I would say this mascara is decent too. It does exactly what is says it will do, UPLIFT. This mascara puts a definite curl in my lashes I don't even have to use an eyelash curler. The lengthing is pretty nice too. But, it doesn't have any volumizing capabilities at all. You definitely need to layer with a another volume mascara if that's what you're looking for. This is great everday mascara but if you want a dramatic look, layer it

I like the plastic bristles but I don't really need to bend the brush, so the fact that it bends is useless to me. Like I said I like this mascara, it gives decent length and great curl without any clumping or irritation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by bangninuo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find that this mascara holds a curl pretty well, as long as the first layer isn't too thick. It also gives a substantial amount of length, with a few more coats and there is no clumping. My eyes aren't irritated unless I'm careless, but the bendy wand is useless.

However, I would be unhappy paying full price. There is absolutely no volume and minimal definition. (I have the navy one.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Ami801

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

You know, out of all the mascaras i have including sephora, dept stores and cover girl ones, this one seems to be the winner IMO. I know it isn't good to curl your lashes after you apply your mascara..but i do..and i do it only because i have tiny lashes. This is the only mascara that would hold a curl after i use a lash curler and comb through my lashes! I loved this mascara so much i went and bought 2 more! I would definately recommend this to someone with tiny lashes like me lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not care for this mascara. The brush actually makes my lashes stick together not in a clumpy way, but in a way that makes them look very sparse... so I appear to have only 6 lashes on each eye, and they look thin. I tried it in Black and it took 5 coats to show up at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by vortiz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My eyes are my best feature so mascara is important to me. I usually wear 2000 Calorie by Max Factor or Volumnous by Loreal. I have tried different Avon mascaras and have not been too happy until this 1. It is best if you do 2 coats but I do not even need an eyelash curler with this mascara. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2007 5:23:00 AM More reviews by illure

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Worst mascara I've ever tried. It doesn't bend like it advertises that is does and the wand sheds. . . adding tiny string like fibers to your lash. Horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by LaurenP83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is okay. Nothing particularly special. It added length, but definitely not thickness. The main problem with the mascara is that after about a month, it was totally dry and chunky. The product was pretty inexpensive, so I definitely don't regret the purchase, but I don't think I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Rebelgurl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product a lot. It lengths my lashes without any clumping. It looks very natural.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by BroncTeach

It seems like Avon comes out with new mascaras all the time, and in my never-ending search for the HG mascara, I keep trying them. My experience is always that Avon mascaras are average at best, and this one is no exception. It has the bendable brush that was supposed to make lashes uplifted and long. Not so for me. After applying a few coats of this stuff, I could barely even see any lashes. It's hard to beat Avon's prices, but then again, I got no value in this mascara at all. I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2007 9:35:00 AM More reviews by treat3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw the advertisement for this mascara on avon.com and just knew I had to try it. My previous mascara is so-so and I wanted to try something new.
I finally received my order from my avon lady and am very happy! The mascara definitely lengthens my lashes like no other! I can't believe the difference after just one coat. I will never use my old mascara again.
I tend to use only one coat of mascara. The only downside of this mascara is that it doesn't separate lashes very well, and after 2 coats you might get clumpy. I recommend using a lash separator if you are going for more than one coat.
Overall very happy with this mascara!
Let me know if you have any questions.