April 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by sophie217x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have ruined my lashes due to wearing big fake ones for about two years. Its took me so long to find a mascara that actually holds my curl and keeps my lasehes curled all day without smudging and fall out! This mascara keeps my lashes looking thick and long and i would deffo reccomend!!

The only disadvantage to this product is that its a nightmare to get off you really have to rub at your eyes to remove! I use baby oil to remove mine and it works a treat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I have such a hard time with mascaras - my lashes are pathetically short and stubby so wearing falsies everyday is a must! So I was in Boots last month and decided to pick up a tube of Telescopic Waterproof, based on Vivianna's recommendation (viviannadoesmakeup). Firstly, this mascara will not give you thick, voluminous lashes, that's what L'Oreal Voluminous is for! What it does, and does extremely well is give my lashes lots of length AND most importantly holds the curl ALL day long! What I do is first I curl my lashes with my Shu Uemura eyelash curler then apply 2 coats of Telescopic to my lashes using the zig-zag motion. I just love how the plastic brush coats each lash evenly and does a great job on my bottom lashes too. I really believe the waterproof formula is what makes this mascara work so well. Now, to remove it, be prepared to put in some work! It's so effective at being waterproof, the only thing to completely remove it is an oil-based make up remover. I use MAC 'Cleanse Off Oil' and massage it around my eyes and it comes off a treat.

Oh, and I've used this mascara in conjunction with Voluminous; 2 coats of Voluminous over the top of Telescopic = seriously full, thick even draq-queenesque lashes!

For my short, straight lashes it does a marvellous job of adding length and holding a curl. Will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have quite good lashes to begin with (long and lots of them) so I don't like volumizing mascaras for every day looks. This mascara is great if you just want to accentuate your natural lashes whithout weighting them down or making them look clumpy. It is not very lengthening though, so I will keep looking for the better mascara, but still repurchase this in the meantime.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by angelalynnc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This flaked really bad on me - I mean the whole time I have it on....I'm constantly picking off little flakes from my face. I do like the brush and staying power; but because of the flaking i won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by sydneysidertegs

This is the best waterproof mascara I have ever used!

It holds a curl all day! I have straight lashes, but this mascara makes them look long, lush and curled! There is no clumping here!!

This mascara has a very strong formula and doesn't budge when it hits water. Good yes, but awful to take off!

I wanted to use this for every day use as I loved the finish it gave but it would just ruin my lashes so I purchased the original Telescopic but unfortunately it just wasn't the same :( I'm not too sure why...

This is a wonderful product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by strawberrykitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was terrible! I wanted to love it because I always poke myself in the eye with normal mascara wands and this was different. Unfortunately, the brush didn't actually pick up any product and getting it onto my lashes was painful. I tried using a different wand as well but even then the mascara barely showed up. Went straight into the trash. What a waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a lengthening mascara, then this must be one of the best. It coats the lashes almost individually, no clumps, and amazing staying power!
Why I won't buy this again is because I want volumizing mascaras.. that don't smudg and stays on!
I read from others' reviews that they have trouble removing this. Maybelline eyemakeup remover does the job well.. I have also tried Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, I massage on my lids and lashes and wipe off with tissue. Works perfectly!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by youngtempest

PROS:
- Probably one of the strongest waterproof formula mascaras I've ever tried.
- holds a curl wonderfully (and I have naturally straight lashes!) I like to apply a thin coat of this so my curl holds then a more lengthning/voluminous mascara on top.
- Small, rubber wand: appropriate if you have short lashes that can be hard to reach to with chunky wands.
CONS:
- Absolute PAIN to remove. Even with my best eye make up remover I still had to spend ages rubbing at my eyes and there would be a few lash casualties in the process!
- Can be a bit clumpy depending on how you apply it. I found all the product would sometimes sit at the roots of my lashes and I'd have to give a few more swipes before it looked better, there were very minimal lengthning properties.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lashes look nice for up to 2 hours. Then there is smudging. Absolutely not waterproof. Tube is pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by NatsumiSuzuki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Worst mascara I have ever used. It clumps like crazy, it won't come off without a battle, where many precious eyelash lives get lost, and it's too pricy for the amount and quality of the product you recieve. If I were to recomend this to someone, it would be to people with extremely thin eyelashes.