Prada Infusion d'Iris EDP

3.9

on 2/16/2014 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

When this was released, I sniffed a bottle of the EDT and wasn't impressed, due to its lack of staying power. Fast forward a few years. I purchased the Homme version for my husband and loved it on him (the pour elle and pour homme versions are extremely similar). I then purchased an inexpensive bottle of Infusion d'iris edp on ebay to see how I would like it for myself and was amazed how quickly I fell in love!! I just finished my third bottle this week and can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. I read a lot of reviews mentioning this as being an "old lady" scent. I'm never sure what to do with that description. The very last image that comes to mind when I smell Infusion d'Iris is anything paticularly old. I live in Europe and have spent time in Italy and France. It is an Eau de Cologne type fragrance. THIS is what I think of smelling this fragrance. I think cool, crisp elegance. A freshly ironed white blouse, gray pencil skirt, stilletos. This is a woman who knows her stuff and doesn't need a loud blast of fragrance to announce her. This smells "expensive" and stays close to the skin. You only get a whiff of this as she strolls by or when she leans across the conference table of the board room during her presentation. This is the absolute perfect work fragrance, but is a divine evening scent as well, as it is unexpected. The EDP lasts on my skin forever and leaves a beautiful hint of scent on my scarves and cashmere sweaters. I also highly recommend the Vetiver as well as the d'leau versions of this scent. The Rose, Tuberose and Oranger were duds in my book however. Prada, please don't ever discontinue Infusion d'Iris.

on 12/11/2013 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm always on the lookout for a fragrance that I will actually wear, and this is it. To me, this smells sophisticated and uptight in a good way, if that makes sense. It's definitely not 'pretty' in the typical sense, but I feel pretty when I wear it. I wear it to work because I feel it is subtle. It is long lasting and I can smell it on my coat at the end of the day. I have the edp. It is the opposite of warm and sexy. I would describe it as kind of icy. It's unique and not something I smell often on others.

on 9/13/2013 3:39:00 PM

I had a sample of this and as soon as I opened the lid of the glass sample tube and got a whiff of what had spilled on my fingers, I ran to wash it off. It smells so soapy and old-ladyish, at first whiff it really smelled like any generic bar of floral scented soap! I tried it a couple of more times just to give it the benefit of the doubt and no change, this kind of scent definitely isn't for me, though on the positive side I did notice it to be not too overpowering and not too intense, almost like a soft floral baby powder smell. I am not a floral scent person at all -- I absolutely cannot stand floral scents or soapy scents and much prefer citrusy or food-y scents. But having said that, if you are someone who likes the smell of flowers, irises or floral soaps and are looking for a scent that is on the softer and lighter side, then this just might be the scent for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Why does Prada have such LAME packaging? ...oh yea! to match their LAME scent- what you see is what you get with this perfume!! LAME.soap.Lame.
YOU'RE WELCOME.

on 8/3/2013 8:17:00 PM

As much as I like to think of myself as a scent explorer, I can barely tolerate this for longer than an hour before frantically scurrying to a bathroom to scrub it off. It smells just like my grandmother, a fantastic woman who had a very pronounced old-lady/ancient powder smell in her later years. Even so, I don't think she'd really go for this.

On me, the EDP has a healthy sillage and projects quite well with a spray on each wrist. I don't get any earthiness from it, as the considerable amount of benzoin has been completely neutered along with the vetiver. It's no citrus and all old soap, or rather the kind of soap that remains unsold and forgotten in the bed and bath section of Tuesday Morning. The strangest aspect of Infusion D'Iris is that it has negative warmth--I love a "cool" fragrance on a hot summer day, but this fragrance is so chilly that it reminds me of a funeral home. A morgue smells more lively than this.

If you want to smell like you collect doilies and play bridge with the soon-to-be-departed, I cannot recommend a more suitable perfume.

on 7/28/2013 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Infusion d'Iris is not the type of perfume I would fall for, but well... it got me.
While building a perfume collection one realizes that although a particular olfactory group will be the favorite, there are others that have their time and place too.

Opens with the refreshing kick of orange and neroli. Then gradually gets more soapy and powdery, smells airy, cool and clean. But Infusion d'iris is more than citrus, soap and powder. As it reaches the drydown there is an almost transparent woody lightly incensey base. Seamlessly blended, geniously structured and totally unisex.

Sillage is low but it's surprising long lasting.
I consider it a serene scent, very suitable for job interviews. A little austere, aloof at time, clean and modern but not intimidating, professional, self possessed, not flirty at all. Totally lacking emotion but still manages to have personality at the same time.
A great choice for taking a break from louder/sweeter scents, helps me concentrate and accomplish tasks.

Brings to mind a cool spring rain in the woods and it's also soothing. As a friend, wouldn't be the one to bake you comforting cookies but would give you the wisest advice for sure.

on 7/25/2013 11:27:00 AM

I bought the rollerball of this as I wanted a smaller version of the fragrance to carry around with me in my bag. The packaging for this is fantastic - inside the outer box is an embossed pale green case with a snap closure where the rollerball is stored.

The fragrance itself is fresh, clean, slightly floral without being sharp or having an overwhelming alcohol odor. I was using a sample size of this for so long, I tried to make it last as long as possible because I adored it so much. Only time will tell if I start to get headaches from this (I really hope not). Right now I would definitely buy this again!

on 7/7/2013 7:57:00 PM

I remember when this fragrance came out several years ago and i remember trying it several times. Either i didnt like it or i just ignored it completely. I got a sample of this fragrance sent to me a few days ago so am now trying it again. This time i love it. Infusion D'Iris is much more floral than i originally remember it being. I have the EDP. Maybe i was trying to EDT when it first came out but i dont remember it being as floral as it is now. I love florals so maybe the reason i like it so much now is because i am wearing the EDP. Infusion D'Iris is deep and smokey....brooding. It is not a happy type floral. It lasts a long time and projects well. Infusion D'Iris follows you around and leaves a lovely floral trail in its wake.

on 6/27/2013 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Another love of mine.

The scent: clean, soapy, transparent, elegant, floral, signature.

I find this scent immensely sexy, and it is by no means a sexy scent. It does smell a bit soapy, and maybe that fresh cleanliness is what reminds me of stepping out of the shower into a clean towel, and putting on lingerie. I've had lots of compliments from men, so I guess men like clean scents on women haha.

Anyway, it's a very elegant effortless feminine scent. It's not overpowering, and it can get lost in the crowd of gourmands. It is however, the loveliest "daytime" scent. It is quite sophisticated, and I just love Irises! For all its seeming simplicity, it is a quite complex mix and it changes through the dry-down. I feel most "perfumes" nowadays are very linear and even if they smell nice, a bit boring. Infusion d'Iris is a true perfume with a changing scent.

This is what any signature scent should aspire to be: unique, fresh, and full of personality and depth.

And how can you ignore that bottle? It looks crisp and, frankly, expensive. I love it.

(self-indulgent bit) What it makes me think of: shabby chic mason jar as a flower vase, set on top of coffee table books; a white bedroom with a soft breeze flowing through it, laying on a fluffy couch under the open window, there's grass outside and it's slightly cloudy. Kissing on the couch, listening to soft jazz music.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have the EDT and I love it. It's very light and feminine and non offensive to my nose. To me, it appears to have a slight likeness to Chanel #5 minus the "old lady" stigma. When I smell #5 I think of rich old woman but with Prada just a hint of #5 makes it really nice for me. Very gentle scent that has some staying power. If your a #5 fan you might enjoy this one too.

Popular Fragrances