October 24, 2014 | 1844 users online

Mascara - Ready To Wear - Lash Extensions

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ehhh....well I bought this based on the reviews here. I thought it would work wonders but unfortunately it doesn't really do much for me! Naturally, my lashes aren't super long or thick, they are just average. But they are really dark, maybe that has something to do with not being able to tell much of a difference with this. It definitely is messy when applying it though that is for sure! I really don't think I would repurchase unless they was a big sale on them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Nikkilici0us

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I am, personally, a fan of these lash extensions. I have used the Talika ones in the past and was not impressed, so I was reluctant to try these. Let me start by comparing the two. The Talika fibers are larger, darker, and more coarse, while the Ready to Wear extensions are finer, shorter, and much softer. This alone makes the RTW extensions much easier to use. When I would use the Talika extensions, I would have fall-out onto my cheeks throughout the whole day and people would constantly be telling me that I had hairs on my face. Not a good look! So far, I haven't had that problem with the RTW. You are meant to sandwhich the fibers in between 2 or more coats of mascara. For contact wearers, try closing the eye slightly before putting the fibers over your first coat of mascara. This should help minimize the amount of fibers that might fall into your eyes. However, I haven't experienced discomfort with fibers in the eye with the RTW (I did experience this with Talika). These do give my lashes a longer, fake lash look. If you are more of a natural mascara girl and do not like the fake lash look, you will NOT like the effect that these fibers give. With that said, they do take a little bit of manipulation to make sure they are applied evenly and unclumpy. If you are willing to work with them, then they will give you fuller, longer lashes. However, as others have mentioned in previous reviews, I'm sure there are primers out there that give a similar effect for much less work. Me... I'm a little bit ridiculous and love lashes, so I use primer AND the extensions! but both in moderation. In the end, I would say these are worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by VickiinOregon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would go to almost all lengths to get longer and thicker lashes. But this product was not for me. People say you can just brush off the fibers with a brush off your face but seems like there are always enough left that people can see them. Worse if they get on your after makeup because then they stick even more to foundation so do your lashes before foundation. In order to get dramatic difference I need to do a couple coats but then my lashes just get clumped together, it just looks dark, but not a good dark and dramatic, the lashes aren't seperated individually nicely. Its heavy for me kinda weighs down my lashes. And the fibers get in my eyes. Sometimes it gets thicker one area over another so then you have to go back over the area even though it looked the same a second earlier. Then it just cakes. I don't know, it's a lot of work for a result that's not that pretty on me. And like I said, I am one to go to all lengths to help my puney lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this was a case of unrealistic expectations on my part.

I already have decently long, thick dark lashes, but I've always wanted SPECTACULAR!

So, when I had a little extra money, I decided to give this a try.

It's really not a *bad* product; it just didn't do anything for my lashes that MAC Prep + Prime Lash doesn't, and is way more expensive and trickier to apply.

Also, I wear soft contact lenses, and it hurt pretty badly when one of the fibers got into my eye.

No real harm was done, but it didn't leave me enthusiastic about the product.

I expect to just stay with Prep + Prime in the future.
UPDATE: I *think* I've made peace with this stuff.

What I've been doing is inserting the wand of whatever lash primer I'm using (either MAC Prep + Prime or UD's Eyelash Primer Potion) into the bottle of Lash Extensions to coat the primer brush with fibers. Then I tap the brush, just in case. Then I apply primer, and immediately sweep on my mascara. When I use this technique, I don't get any fibers in my eyes.

I'm still not convinced that Lash Extensions really does anything that a good primer won't, but I'll at least use up this bottle. It's still probably not a re-purchase.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by bleiboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ladies and adventurous gentlemen....

this product is a god send!! I Looove this shit! it's amazing seriously it works!! you can even use it as your everyday- it doesn't take long!!

you do need a good mascara to coat it though....
I've tried a few and none work as good as max factor false lash effect!!! (because its really wet and has good seperation)

applying:

apply a coat of mascara on one eye both back and front, try to get good seperation.... then apply your ready to wear (RTW) both back and front (tip: look over a mirror and the fibers don't end up an your face) then seal with another coat of mascara, brushing out any excess...........- for an extra umph add another coat of mascara and 'whala' .....perfect long lashes.

when I'm on a night out I repeat this over whatever mascara I was wearing that day.... and it adds extra fullness an length!!

girlie, guys whoever!!! this is a winner

try it!!
x

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by mexiangel25

If you are looking to add ridiculous length and some good volume to your lashes you will love this product.
However, in order for the little cellulose fibers to adhere to your lashes properly you have to use a very wet mascara, like L'oreal Voluminous or CoverGirl Lash Blast, this is a major problem for me. My lashes are super straight, I have to heat my curler and use only waterproof mascara, which dries very quickly, in order to keep that curl in my lashes that I love. If you use a waterproof mascara or one that dries quickly you really won't get any length from this product that you wouldn't get from a couple more coats of mascara.

I used this product with both L'oreal Voluminous and Lash blast and the length was ridicoulous. I loved it , but no one will be able to look at your amazing lengthy lashes if their dropping straight down.

I've played around with this product for a while now. The first time I used it , I applied it as I normally would my mascara, with my eyes open, and got a good amount of fibers in my eye. It stung and it felt like it took forever until they finally came out with my tears. So apply your wet mascara, close your eye, and then apply the RTW , not close to your lash line. Also you have to curl your lashes before you apply this.

As other reviewers have said, there is a large amount of fallout, both on your cheeks and lid, which means a lot of the product that you just shelled out more than $20.00 bucks for isn't going to end up on your lashes. It is very easy to sweep off with a powder brush though.

So if your not looking for curl but only for length and volume , I would give this product a shot. It just didn't workout for what I was looking for :( and that makes me pretty sad.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Kimmycakes

Love it! I now have lashes! It does exactly what it says it will. You will have long thick lashes. The little fiber fall out is a bit annoying, but totally worth dealing with.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a total beleiver. Ready to Wear lash extensions is the best. When I got it reminded me of Longicils Lash Extensions in the bottle. I thought it would be the same. But it wasnt. It wasnt messy for me use. I know a lot of people say they have issues with fibers falling but I didnt have that problem. I love the lush, long full look I have after using RTW. It's definitely worth the purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Macmeover

I have very short thin eyelashes that are neither curly nor straight. I've gotten amazing results with this product. My eyelashes are thicker, longer and almost look false. Sure it can be a little bit messy but a clean sweep with a cosmetic brush and voila! You're good to go! I ordered two bottles of this goodness just as an impulse buy and thankfully will be purchasing many more in the future....really hope this product never gets discontinued. Its a bit on the pricy side but worth every penny...I use it on a daily basis before going to work. My new love!!! Try it out for yourself!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a beauty product junkie and this is the most genius product I have ever come across. It is a miracle to me. After spending enormous amounts of $$ on mascaras, extensions, lash growing formulas, etc., I have now found the cure. I feel like this is gold to me. It is convenient, easy, and gorgeous. If there is any bad review on this product it is because they are applying it incorrectly OR their mascara is cheap. This works differently with different mascaras. It works beautifully with lancome Definicils. I tried it with others such as Clinique, and did not get as good a result, although I still noticed a difference. All my coworkers are amazed by my lashes and are now ordering some for themselves. My tips are : Use a primer first, then apply your mascara, gently pull out the ready to wear wand and carefully apply the fibers over a mirror, apply coat #2 of your mascara and Voila', a miracle has been born. I was so happy when I looked in the mirror after applying this that I actually danced around my bathroom with giddy excitement. Don't wait another day, order this stuff and your eyes will love you. It really is a wonderful product!