October 1, 2014 | 1959 users online

Toners - Boots - No7 Soft & Soothed Gentle Toner

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by amphitritegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this Boots toner by chance since my origin Paula's choice was thrown away at the airport. :( Though I still like Paula's Choice toner more but I think this product does a good job as well. It is not irritating and does not contain any skin irritation ingredients so far as I know it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by twinklystarangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best toner I've ever used. It doesn't irritate, it removes excess makeup/dirt, and slightly moisturizes. I've been using this toner for a few months (half way done with the bottle) and it really does remove excess dirt and leave the skin feeling fresh, clean, and smooth. I usually use a cotton pad to swipe all over my face in the morning when I wake up and I could actually see what has been on my face over night. This product removes dirt and oil which is great for preventing acne. Overall, I would recommend this product and would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this free with the purchase of the matching cleanser and doubt I would have tried it otherwise. I'm not a huge fan of toners but figured I'd give it a whirl since I wanted to try the cleanser (which I hate btw, it's awful).
I have combo, acne prone, extremely sensitive skin and recently added a light glycolic acid to my regimen that has left me needing a little more moisture. I can't use lotions/creams over my entire face on a regular basis (acne!) but this is perfect. It adds just enough moisture to keep me from drying out too bad, soothes irritation and doesn't cause any redness.
*Update* This has started to break me out =(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by junkie_on_prowl

This is a pretty decent toner for the price. I can't remember exactly how much it cost. It was between 5-10. I had a 5 voucher for Boots products and ended up paying less than 5 for this.

It does its job pretty well - cleaning off excess dirt and giving your face a little moisture in preparation for moisturiser. It was relatively fragrance free and is light pink in colour.

I think the best part about this toner is the packaging - it comes in a pump bottle with a cover. The cover is rather big and annoying so I threw it away. The pump bottle is sufficient on its own as it is lockable and I was able to bring it on my holiday with no disastrous results.

I have not had much faith in toners - I have used the more expensive Dermalogica one and not been impressed either. If I were to get another voucher, I might repurchase this. If not, then I might shop around.

Based on my limited experience with Boots products I think they are priced a little higher than their worth! I would hesitate to pay full price for this unless out of desparation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by pinup_chick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this toner! I began using it after I developed a skin reaction to an all-natural exfoliator product (the company shall remain nameless) and it instantly soothed my red, dry skin and helped calm the reaction. I've been using it since as my normal toner and I can't rave enough about it. It's effective in removing all the last traces of makeup but is very gentle and hydrating. I love that it is fragrance-free and has a sanitary pump dispenser. My complexion is smooth and clear after using this for about a month, and I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

This is a decent toner. It doesnt irritate my sensitive skin, its very gentle, 10 out of 10 for no fragrance, it does exactly what it says it will. Okay so it doesnt feel really luxurious like some high end toners would, but for the price i think its a good buy. Would like to try the cleanser to go with it. I think this would be a good toner for any type of skin, it does exactly what a toner should - remove the last traces of cleanser and make up . It makes your skin feel really smooth afterwards too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I really like this toner. I have combo/oily skin that gets drier in the winter. This toner makes my face feel soft and smooth before I put my moisturizer or foundation on. It has some good ingredients in it like Panthenol and Vitamin E. It does NOT have any irritating ingredients like alcohol, menthol or fragrant oils.

I like that it doesn't have fragrance-- that gets 5 stars!!!*****

I also like the pump-bottle which works well, and is sanitary.

Most of all, I like that it's not tested on animals!

I will definitely buy again! :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2008 6:50:00 AM More reviews by milkteef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

like the cleanser , did nothing for me . very gentle which is pleasing compared to other 'paint-stripper' like toners , but hate the smell and find i have to use quite a few pumps to feel like i've got all the excess cleanser off my face . won't buy it again but people with really sensetive / dry skin may find it works well to relieve .

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by qpid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have finally found a toner I would actually buy again. I have a very hard time with toners on my dry, sensitive face and yet I love using them. L'oreal's Hydrafresh is good and my usual but with all the Boots hype, I decided to give this one a try and I am glad I did. It has no real discernible fragrance, it is not drying and not at all irritating. It does what a toner should do: freshens and removes leftover cleanser traces. I have also found it soothing to my skin. I have to give kudos on the packaging too. It has a pump top with a cap over it. Well done.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by dearnikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

other than being pink and in a pretty bottle..

this toner is crap.

it didnt even remove my no7 sample foundation.. i used like 3 cotton balls doused in the pink stuff and they were all FULL of foundation after cleansing with the matching cleanser. i had to use something else entirely to remove my makeup.

returned.