Maybelline Expert wear eyeshadow- Nutmeg

Price: $

on 1/1/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

i love this shadow! the packaging is kind of annoying, i've had this for awhile and it broke on me. the color is a gorgeous dark brown matte. i love this for filling in my eyebrows (close to my brow color) and using in my outer corner. the pricing is good, cheap. it's pretty pigmented and creates the perfect brown for a eyeshadow look. it's so beautiful for the eyes and is one of my go-to options for the eyes and the brows.

Wow & finally. This is a rich brown matte color with the best texture I have ever felt in an eye shadow. It's very buttery and smooth and I find that I want to keep rubbing and say "buuuuutttttttttttttery", but I stop myself. I've been looking for a way to softly but definitely define my eyes. This color defines the very well and it does it softly without looking harsh. *For Sensitive Eyes* When I've tried using other eye shadows to define my eye (right at the lash line and I apply with a damp standard eye shadow pad) they always cause irritation. I just started buying some Maybelline powder eye shadows and noticed that my eyes never watered or acting irritated in anyway. I also love Tastefully Taupe, Mocha Motion, Earthly Taupe... not taupe in any way but a great buttery blending color, and a few others. Maybelline must have changed their formula? Back in the day they were at the same level as CoverGirl. If you haven't tried Maybelline eye shadows in a few years, or decades give them a try. I suggest trying the one's I wrote of because they have been surprisingly wonderful!

on 9/6/2013 9:08:00 PM

When I first swatches this eyeshadow... I was a shocked!!!! It is like touching a super smooth cream eyeshadow. I have never found anything this creamy and smooth. Words cannot even describe the texture of this eyeshadow. The color is a beautiful brown/plum matt color. I am so completely obsessed with this color!!!! It looks really great with taupes that have a plum like undertone. I really want to try more of the matt formulas from this line to see if they are as FANTASTIC as this one!!!

on 8/15/2013 11:17:00 AM

Last week I went to the MAC counter at Macy's and was trying to get a nice rich matte brown. I saw a couple but none of the drag queen-esqe ladies were helping me. They were too busy making 15 year olds look like drag queens as well. Anyway, so I left and continued my quest for this specific matte brown. Little did I know that when I stopped by at Target last night for toilet paper, that my coveted perfect matte brown was in the Maybelline section at Target. I LOVE THIS COLOR! I tried it on this morning and it is very pigmented and just what I was looking for. Lately I've only been buying makeup from Urban Decay, Benefit, and NARS, and have completely ignored the drugstore. With a good primer, any drugstore eyeshadow can last. This Maybelline eyeshadow was $2.94! Great color, even greater price. Never going back to the clowns/drag queens for eyeshadow at MAC again!

on 8/11/2013 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went to walmart last week (I live in the boonies and this is about the only place to browse makeup in person around here) hoping to find the Physician's formula matte quads. They didn't have them, big surprise, so I looked around for something else to fill the bill. I ended up getting this and tastefully taupe (which is great for it's not super shimmery) to wear together. Nutmeg is a great matte brown that I would recommend to anyone! It's just as good as anything HE I've ever tried and a perfect crease/liner shade. I love my UD naked palette but the colors are so shimmery that sometimes they look a little too obvious so I reach for my DS Maybelline/Covergirl/WnW eyeshadows so much more. Nutmeg is perfect and for $3...what more could you ask for? Highly recommend!!

on 8/3/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The perfect truly matte brown. Great for the crease, and still looks natural on my NW10 skin. Easy to build color for a more dramatic look. No fallout!

Seriously, buying a more expensive matte brown is just wasting money. This is just as good as any high end brand.

on 3/29/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Cannot say enough good things about this eyeshadow! I have medium-dark hair and this is what I use on my brows! The color is perfect and it's very pigmented so it just glides right on! HG for me! Anyone with dark hair should give this a go!

on 10/7/2012 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I had a coupon to get a 2 dollars off of a maybelline eye product to use and went to my nearest Target to redeem. I have never really been a fan of Maybelline mascaras and eyeshadows, but I wanted to use my coupon. This shadow got my attention, I thought it would be a great transition or crease color for my complexion, and for the dollar and some change I paid for it, thought it was at least worth a try.

It is a bit too dark as a transition color, but I LOVE it as a crease color. I find my self using this to start off any eye look, regardless of the color. Depending on the shade I use, this color can range from deep brown to a deep plumy burgandy.

I am so glad I decided to give this shadow a try, It will be a staple in my make up collection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has become my favorite, go-to, crease shade for my every day look. It creates a gorgeous smokey look that is still work appropriate and really makes my brown eyes pop. On me, I think this is a kind of warm and plummy brown which I wasn't expecting at all. It is a matte finish and over primer it does not crease and lasts beautifully all day. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This color is a gorgeous dark brownish gray with a hint of purple. Gorgeous color to smoke out a bronze gold look. I wore this today with mac's tempting all over the lid, mac's cork and this eyeshadow in the crease and lower lashline. Consistency is smooth and easy to blend. Def would repurchase!