November 21, 2014 | 1640 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert wear eyeshadow- Nutmeg

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The perfect truly matte brown. Great for the crease, and still looks natural on my NW10 skin. Easy to build color for a more dramatic look. No fallout!

Seriously, buying a more expensive matte brown is just wasting money. This is just as good as any high end brand.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by KatelynTaylor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cannot say enough good things about this eyeshadow! I have medium-dark hair and this is what I use on my brows! The color is perfect and it's very pigmented so it just glides right on! HG for me! Anyone with dark hair should give this a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by greenelady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had a coupon to get a 2 dollars off of a maybelline eye product to use and went to my nearest Target to redeem. I have never really been a fan of Maybelline mascaras and eyeshadows, but I wanted to use my coupon. This shadow got my attention, I thought it would be a great transition or crease color for my complexion, and for the dollar and some change I paid for it, thought it was at least worth a try.

It is a bit too dark as a transition color, but I LOVE it as a crease color. I find my self using this to start off any eye look, regardless of the color. Depending on the shade I use, this color can range from deep brown to a deep plumy burgandy.

I am so glad I decided to give this shadow a try, It will be a staple in my make up collection.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has become my favorite, go-to, crease shade for my every day look. It creates a gorgeous smokey look that is still work appropriate and really makes my brown eyes pop. On me, I think this is a kind of warm and plummy brown which I wasn't expecting at all. It is a matte finish and over primer it does not crease and lasts beautifully all day. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is a gorgeous dark brownish gray with a hint of purple. Gorgeous color to smoke out a bronze gold look. I wore this today with mac's tempting all over the lid, mac's cork and this eyeshadow in the crease and lower lashline. Consistency is smooth and easy to blend. Def would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

About two years ago, I became obsessed with creating brown smokey eye looks. At the same time, I was also becoming kind of a makeup snob, so instead of going to the drugstore for my shadows, I went to MAC. I purchased Brule (which I put all over my eye, from lid to brow bone) and a matte chocolate brown shade called Handwritten. I began applying Handwritten to the my outer corner with a fluffy blending brush, and it gave an amazing effect. Unfortunately, I lost the eye shadow pan, and because I was not willing to pay $11 for it again, I went to the drugstore. I soon found Nutmeg from Maybelline and found that not only is it cheaper, but it is surprising dupe-able. I don't notice any difference in the consistency, and though it may be slightly more red based than Handwritten, it does the job. Ladies, DON'T spend anymore money on matte browns from MAC. Maybelline is absolutely amazing.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeswithsprinkles

DO not buy another high end matte browns. This will be enough, I regret buying MAC matte browns because there is literally no difference when applied to your face. Save your money, and get this little gem because it is super pigmented, smooth and blend-able. I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by xahxha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

like the other reviewers say, this is a perfect matte brown, great for blending. i will be using this for ages, especially as the packaging seems sturdy enough to last as long as the shadow does.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by nikki_nikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really great, pigmented eyeshadow for applying the outer V area and I also use eyeshadow to line my bottom lids. If you're looking for a dark brown shadow to create a smokey eye I would skip purchasing dark brown shades from high end makeup brands and purchase this instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This shadow is quite pigmented. It's a matte deep brown and I like using this to line my eyes and also as a crease/outer v colour. This eyeshadow is very smooth, silky and blends easily. Does have a little bit of fallout if your not too careful but that's alright. Would even work as a brow filler for brunettes.