Maybelline Expert wear eyeshadow- Nutmeg

4.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/15/2013 11:17:00 AM

Last week I went to the MAC counter at Macy's and was trying to get a nice rich matte brown. I saw a couple but none of the drag queen-esqe ladies were helping me. They were too busy making 15 year olds look like drag queens as well. Anyway, so I left and continued my quest for this specific matte brown. Little did I know that when I stopped by at Target last night for toilet paper, that my coveted perfect matte brown was in the Maybelline section at Target. I LOVE THIS COLOR! I tried it on this morning and it is very pigmented and just what I was looking for. Lately I've only been buying makeup from Urban Decay, Benefit, and NARS, and have completely ignored the drugstore. With a good primer, any drugstore eyeshadow can last. This Maybelline eyeshadow was $2.94! Great color, even greater price. Never going back to the clowns/drag queens for eyeshadow at MAC again!

on 8/11/2013 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I went to walmart last week (I live in the boonies and this is about the only place to browse makeup in person around here) hoping to find the Physician's formula matte quads. They didn't have them, big surprise, so I looked around for something else to fill the bill. I ended up getting this and tastefully taupe (which is great for it's not super shimmery) to wear together. Nutmeg is a great matte brown that I would recommend to anyone! It's just as good as anything HE I've ever tried and a perfect crease/liner shade. I love my UD naked palette but the colors are so shimmery that sometimes they look a little too obvious so I reach for my DS Maybelline/Covergirl/WnW eyeshadows so much more. Nutmeg is perfect and for $3...what more could you ask for? Highly recommend!!

on 8/3/2013 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The perfect truly matte brown. Great for the crease, and still looks natural on my NW10 skin. Easy to build color for a more dramatic look. No fallout!

Seriously, buying a more expensive matte brown is just wasting money. This is just as good as any high end brand.

on 3/29/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Cannot say enough good things about this eyeshadow! I have medium-dark hair and this is what I use on my brows! The color is perfect and it's very pigmented so it just glides right on! HG for me! Anyone with dark hair should give this a go!

on 10/7/2012 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I had a coupon to get a 2 dollars off of a maybelline eye product to use and went to my nearest Target to redeem. I have never really been a fan of Maybelline mascaras and eyeshadows, but I wanted to use my coupon. This shadow got my attention, I thought it would be a great transition or crease color for my complexion, and for the dollar and some change I paid for it, thought it was at least worth a try.

It is a bit too dark as a transition color, but I LOVE it as a crease color. I find my self using this to start off any eye look, regardless of the color. Depending on the shade I use, this color can range from deep brown to a deep plumy burgandy.

I am so glad I decided to give this shadow a try, It will be a staple in my make up collection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has become my favorite, go-to, crease shade for my every day look. It creates a gorgeous smokey look that is still work appropriate and really makes my brown eyes pop. On me, I think this is a kind of warm and plummy brown which I wasn't expecting at all. It is a matte finish and over primer it does not crease and lasts beautifully all day. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This color is a gorgeous dark brownish gray with a hint of purple. Gorgeous color to smoke out a bronze gold look. I wore this today with mac's tempting all over the lid, mac's cork and this eyeshadow in the crease and lower lashline. Consistency is smooth and easy to blend. Def would repurchase!

on 11/6/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

About two years ago, I became obsessed with creating brown smokey eye looks. At the same time, I was also becoming kind of a makeup snob, so instead of going to the drugstore for my shadows, I went to MAC. I purchased Brule (which I put all over my eye, from lid to brow bone) and a matte chocolate brown shade called Handwritten. I began applying Handwritten to the my outer corner with a fluffy blending brush, and it gave an amazing effect. Unfortunately, I lost the eye shadow pan, and because I was not willing to pay $11 for it again, I went to the drugstore. I soon found Nutmeg from Maybelline and found that not only is it cheaper, but it is surprising dupe-able. I don't notice any difference in the consistency, and though it may be slightly more red based than Handwritten, it does the job. Ladies, DON'T spend anymore money on matte browns from MAC. Maybelline is absolutely amazing.

DO not buy another high end matte browns. This will be enough, I regret buying MAC matte browns because there is literally no difference when applied to your face. Save your money, and get this little gem because it is super pigmented, smooth and blend-able. I highly recommend this!

on 9/20/2011 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

like the other reviewers say, this is a perfect matte brown, great for blending. i will be using this for ages, especially as the packaging seems sturdy enough to last as long as the shadow does.