August 27, 2014 | 1778 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was looking for a cheap-ish pressed powder and got this in 105 ivory. It got good reviews from Paula Begoun, but there are a lot of products near this one's price point (around $10 US) and several of them are better. This powder is decent, but not the most finely milled or silky. Sometimes it showed up in the lines near my nose or mouth. The color was good enough on my rather pale skin, but sometimes felt a bit too dark. Compact is sturdy, puff is crap. For the money, I much prefer Physician's Formula or The Body Shop. I was not terribly impressed with the Cover Girl. I can get about the same performance from Rimmel Stay Matte for about half the price. It's good enough that I'd buy again in a pinch, but not if I have access to other options.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by LadyLightRaven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a big makeup wearer. I usually just use Eyeliner and mascara. But I have found this pressed power to be a good and easy addition to my routine. The toasted almond is a surprisingly good match for my skin color. The compact fits easily into the side of my purse and it's durable. I can't tell you how often I drop it. Oh, and the mirror stays surprisingly clean. I have only good things to say about this powder. It does what I need it to do. When the days come that I need more coverage, I'll probably use something else. For now, this is very good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is another OK pressed powder, it's not chalky but not very silky either. Doesn't really control the shine and not very long wearing. It's pretty sheer so I use it to set my makeup, it works well for that, doesn't look ashy, and gives me a finished look. To me it's matte, I don't notice any illuminating effect, which is fine since I have super oily T-zone. Definitely will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by anapanics

This is the only powder I've used and I love it! It is good with oil control. In the summer during school time I do need to reapply at around lunch though because it's hot and sweats off. It gives a light coverage also and overall I really enjoy it. I do not use the puff it comes with cause it's too cakey, I use a big brush instead.

The packaging is simple so what's so complain about it. I would not purchase again though because I want to try other powders!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by kerry31

I really like this powder. I use it with a brush rather than the puff that it comes with - puffs can make powder look cakey because you end up putting on to much. If you build it up, it gives a small amount of coverage, but I prefer using it in a light layer over my foundation to control oil and set the foundation. Gives a subtle radiance to the skin. If you are very oily or live in a humid climate, it may not work as well, but for slightly oily or combo skin, it should work well without being too drying. Packaging is very basic, but overall it's a great product for the price, and I would use this over department store powders anyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by xteetastic

I really like this product so far. It goes on nicely, doesn't look cakey, and doesn't fade very quick. I don't like the pad that comes with the compact, so I'm am using one of my own. I prefer this over Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

My thoughts for this product is all over the place so i shall divide it into pros and cons for more comprehensive reading:
PROS
- It provides a bit of coverage (it's not a powder FOUNDATION obviously so don't expect to use it just by itself without concealer/liquid foundation underneath)
- The powder has a almost velvety texture when first applied
- Has minimal discolouration even after hours of wear
- I don't think it accentuates fine lines (though i'm a little young to tell)

CONS
- starts to seperate on skin from my oily oily face
- Doesn't control oil, at all.
- Packaging is fairly cheap looking (but it still functions fine) and the layers beneath the top of the powder looks a little uneven and less finely millled

Even though i've read reviews that this colour range is quite light, creamy natural suited my skin which kinda fluctuates between NC25-20 and 53 in the Bourjois Healthy Mix range. It works fine as a powder and the puff provided isn't completely useless (though it does look a little heavy handed if you're not careful) though i use a mini kabuki brush to buff it in. But in terms of repurchasing, i wouldn't due to the fact that it doesn't control oil like my dream powder would.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by couldyoupleasehold

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product to set the matching liquid foundation. I found the pad it comes with picks up way too much product and gives the terrible look that i'd decided to apply my makeup with a shovel that morning so i used a brush instead.

When i used both the powder and lliquid together i broke out horribly all over my face with big sore red pimples so i stopped using them because i'd never had a breakout that bad before in my life. Every now and then i run out of powder however and have to use this one to finish my foundation and i find it still gives me little breakouts so i try to always have an alternative in my makeup case, this is purely in my cupboard still as a backup.

PROS: Good coverage, when i use this over a fairly sheer foundation it really covers up imperfections and finished the look well.
Good colour match. I picked up the perfect shade for my skin, it matches exactly so that was great.

CONS: MASSIVE breakouts when i use this product.
The pad provided to apply powder picks up way too much product. You will need a brush if you want to try it which will add to the cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Omigod, this was the most awful powder I've ever used, very thick and caked up horribly on my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

While this is a pressed powder, which means you're supposed to use it over a foundation, I use it as a foundation. It worked okay but tends to be a bit cakey. There's obviously no coverage with this but the lightest color matches my skin tone (pale olive skin) nicely.