July 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I bought this sight unseen because somebody had used it in a YouTube cat eye liner tutorial. Ugh!! This went back returned unused for the PP in Vintage Selection...Painterly is too much like concealer or a base looking to me. Bring on the glitter bombs please!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on my last uses of this product and it's unavailable everywhere I can get it...and I'm really sad if I have to live a make-up-wearing-day without this product. I use Painterly as a eyeshadow base and it's the only product that does it all for me; cover veiny lids and prime my eyelids. It does not crease at all on me. HG product for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Racalber

Mac Paint Pot in "Painterly" is the only Paint Pot that I own. It's a light beige nude colour, matte with a natural latte finish. I think it gives a nice nude coloured base for the eyelid before applying my eye makeup and also smooths out the surface which helps with eyeshadow application. I believe the price was around $24 CDN so it's expensive, but there is a LOT of product in the little jar - I bought it last summer and I still have almost a full jar left, so a little goes a long way! I probably wouldn't repurchase because I have a favourite eyeshadow primer already (Too Faced Shadow Insurance) so this is not essential in my makeup lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by shalie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This paint pot is amazing, I am olive tone, who tans easily and this is the right color for me, creamy, long lasting, and looks great with a smoky eye. A little bit on the expensive but it is worth the investment. Looks flawless on the skin and it is a nice canvas for neutral colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This eye shadow primer is AMAZING!
I have been using Bare Study for about 3 years and I loved the fact that my eye shadow NEVER CREASED. EVER. However, I disliked the fact that it has shimmer in it. And sometimes it just did not work well with my matte eye shadows.
Until recently, one of MAC SA showed me Painterly. WOW. Just PERFECT!!!
This is exactly what I was looking for! I am sad I bought Bare Study, I wish I could exchange it to Painterly. I love the color (ligh/medium beige), I love the creamy texture and I love the fact it never creases on my eye lids as Bare Study. And it has no shimmer.
I have tried so many eye shadow primers (Too Faced. NYX, NARS, UD, G Armani, etc.) and none of them worked for me as MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

At first, I was worried that this color (pinky-beige) would look very strange against my yellow NC25 skin. I have natural (brown-y) darkness around my eyes. I can conceal my undereye area with other products, but usually I just apply eyeshadow on top of my upper lid without compensating for the darkness there.

Painterly solves that issue in one go - it neutralizes the brown of my eyelids and leaves me a smooth, nude canvas upon which to apply eyeshadow. I just use my finger to blend a little bit of Painterly on each lid every morning before applying other eye products.

Is this product necessary? No, I've survived many years without it. However, it's a nice touch for when I want my eyeshadows to look flawless and more true to their pan colors. (I may be imagining it but I think blending my eyeshadows on top of Painterly is easier than it would be otherwise!)

NOTE: I always apply Painterly over Nars eyeshadow primer. I don't know how well the Paint Pots work alone on my oily lids, but I won't risk it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by lili89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I cannot live w/o this little thing. Ladies, no more creases on your eyeshadow, no more oily lids. If you have a day job, it will be 5pm and you still look faboulous! If you are going out, you can get trashed and your eyeshadow still look faboulous. I usually apply with my fingertips, but a concealer brush is better. Beware of using brushes, make sure they are clean, unless you want an eye infection and your Dr. Tells you to throw away all your makeup, it will hurt your wallet... Anyways, this product is another reason why for me MAC is one of my favorite makeup lines. Try it!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by ladadadadi

Alright! I want to put out there that I have VERY oily eyelids! So, with that being said, using this as a primer was a big no no for me. My eyeshadows creased within a few hours of applying. However! I found a shining light while experimenting! I placed my $1 eyelid primer by E.L.F on first THEN the paint pot and continued on with my routine. My eyeshadow lasts alllllllllllll day now! :D Goodness. If you're thinking it's a little too expensive let me say that this stuff lasts forever! Less is more (:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by safrager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it as a primer. Keeps my MAC powder eye shadows true until I remove them at night. When I want to run out with very minimal makeup, I can use it on just my lids to brighten my eyes.
My eyes are little crapey but I don't have a problem with it caking. Colour good for my fair-medium skin. Not crazy about the pot is comes - would prefer something flat so I can get all of it out of the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This stuff is amazingg! And it lasts all day. I use it with brown/natural eyeshadow on the top of it or alone, because it gives a really natural sort of colour. It's really easy to blend and goes on easy. This is definitely a must have. I also think it blends really well with brown/natural eyeshadow. Will definitely repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No