April 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Indianwood

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by conniehe

A little side note before rating this.. Mac is super expensive where i live.. lipsticks are $30 dollars and paint pots $34 so before buying something i think about it at least 10 times!!

I loved indianwood from the moment i swatched it in the store. At first i wanted rubenesque but the color pay off of indianwood convinced me more.

I love this as a cream eyeshadow, its very easy to use (no brushes needes) and very every day ( not sure for school or places like that)
I love it!!

the few cons are the following:
- for my oily lids, i cant use this without a primer
- i wish the color was a little more vibrant, it tends to be more on the opaque side once you put it on.

I would love to purcharse more colors!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by celinealmira

I am so glad I found this product! I went to mac looking for a paint pot because I heard so many good things about them, and the lady colour matched me to indianwood. I have been greatful ever since. I wear this every day all over the lid, mostly by itself but sometimes a wear a simular eyeshadow over it. I would recoment this to any one with more tan/dark skin. It looks so natural and I love it so much! For reverance I use medium dark mmsn. I am in love with this product! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by converse17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really adore this product, although it isnt for everyone.If you have very fair skin this may becdome a bit too orangy but for medium to dark skin tones it is absolutely perfect as a base for a neutral eye!!! I like to use my urban decay primer potion underneath because it will crease without a primer!! I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeupKidd09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Totally have a LOVE for MAC Paint Pots and this one is no exception. An amazing warm bronzy gold, creamy easy to apply and blend. Works great layered under Woodwinked for extra pop of color and def can be worn on its own. Sooo worth the money since you get a LOT of product with Paint Points.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by omoalexa

Amazing product. The texture is great and it leaves a nice pop of color. I'm NC30 in MAC and it goes well with my skintone. This is also a dead ringer for NARS Fez. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

Love this product for an eye shadow base that is more golden than taupe (creates different looks than my HG eye shadow base, UD primer in Sin). Beautiful for both dramatic and subtle looks. Makes blue eyes sing!

EDIT: lowered my score to a 2. It is still a lovely product. Rubenesque is too reddish to be as flattering as this product. However, it creases on me : ( After a few hours of wear, it's all smeary and creased up. Womp womp. This was one of two paint pots I've ever owned, and I probably won't buy anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by sukayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Indianwood is a beautiful, antiqued bronze gold very similar to the powder e/s Woodwinked. I have slightly oily lids, and this PP lasts all day on me- once it sets, it does not budge at all. This shows up very nicely on my NC35 lids. I love this color for an all over wash, or as a base for summery/fall MU looks. The texture is amazing, very creamy and easy to spread. There is TONS of product in these jars, and a little goes a long way so these will last forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is almost like a cream form of MAC Woodwinked. Great texture and works very well layered under any color in the coral/bronze/gold family. Nice neutral that looks great in the crease or as an overall wash on the weekends or for work. I think this color would work on most people, especially those with warm undertones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am not a MAC girl - usually too pricey for my budget - but my sister is, and she got me a paint pot for my birthday, which I loved. She had bought one of the more nude ones for me to use as a base, and I finally caved and spent the $18.50 to get Indianwood because I wanted a pretty, bronze eyeshadow I could apply quickly for every day.
I really like the formula of the paint pots because they are easy to apply, last well and have a nice dewy finish without all the usual problems of a cream eyeshadow (creasing, fading, greasiness, etc). These are the only "creams" I will even bother with as far as eye shadows go.
Indianwood is certainly pretty. I had hoped, based on the swatch I did in store, that it would be darker and more shimmery, but of course I was pretty generous with the product when I did that swatch. The color of Indianwood is like a slightly lighter UD Smog. Smog is one of my favorite eye shadows (I pretty much wear it and Half Baked every day) so that is a complimentary comparison. However, the pigmentation is not quite as intense as Smog is, and so it looks very natural on me - like I'm wearing barely any color. It's also not as shimmery on as it looks in the jar.
While I appreciate the ease of application and the overall color, I had somewhat higher expectations for the pigmentation and finish of Indianwood. I will be using it alone when I'm in a rush but don't want to go bare faced, but most of the time I will probably use it as a primer to deepen Smog, or another favorite, Flirt Chocoholic. I will probably look for another, darker paint pot to achieve the look I had in mind.
I only say I will not buy again because I'm pretty sure this little pot will last me forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not sure if I would buy this again. I think I would try out different paint pots though. I throw this on as a quick makeup fix when i'm running out the door. It's a nice burnt brown/golden color and looks really natural. I can use it as a base and also turn it into something more dramatic. If I were travelling, I think I would bring paint pots along just cause of the ease of usage. I'm just not a fan of the pots, I mean I like the glass packaging because it looks fancy .... but it's a bit bulky. I'd rather it came in a tube really. (seems more sanitary then dipping your finger in)

This does crease on me, but I do have oily skin. I can live without, but it's a nice product. Nice smooth texture and daily usage for a couple months has only put a little dent.

** I hear that these things dry out (even with a tight lid)...I've had mine for half a year now and it's okay still.