GHD IV Styler (all sizes)

4.6

ummm ceramic duahhh

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Best hair irons ever. I have the 1-inch and 2-inch and plan to buy the 1/2-inch. They are pricey, but hair irons are not the place to try and save money, because you will end up wasting it every time. These irons work, even when I had my stubborn curls, and the hair stayed straight so long as I put a little lock-in product on and don't expose my hair to too much moisture (i.e., rain). I also use these irons to finish my hair now that I've had it chemically straightened. Cannot recommend this brand of irons highly enough.

on 10/4/2012 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Pricey, but awesome if you use a hair iron often. I have thick, long, dry hair. I have keratined my naturally curly hair and currently have about 5 inches re growth. I flat iron almost daily (damage heaven) no iron will prevent damage if you use it often no matter what. This is no different. There is no magical- no -damage iron. This will reduce damage only in that you only need one pass. No snags on hair. It heats up super quick. Has no settings. I considered this for a while and finally got it on a flash sale site so it was about 140$ for the 2 inch. Best iron i have out of chi, sedu, maxiglide and some other over years cant remember. The others arent bad and i still use the 1 inch Sedu very rarely, but this is the best for sure.

I have a love-hate relationship with this flat iron. It's a hair salon standard flat iron, but you really should be careful of not buying a counterfeit as the market is flooded with these. The counterfeit models are of really poor quality, but cheap. The original GHD which you can verify on the official website is heaven-sent, but it will cost you around $200 which i.m.o. is a bit expensive. Try and find a good deal at Sephora, Folica or Amazon for under $150 and it's a no-brainer. continued >>

on 8/23/2012 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These straigtners have a cult status for a reason. I have just purchased my second pair. My first pair lasted me for 7-8 years. They are well worth the money, if anybody is in doubt don't be they will be one of the best purchases you will ever make. They do everything, curly, straight, wavy whatever you feel like on the day. Go ahead you wouldn't regret this purchase.

on 7/26/2012 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

In Australia these straighteners retail for AUS$330 - they are a very expensive product! I am glad I spent the money, I don't think there is a better straightener on the market. The original one I purchased, probably 4 years ago, stopped working after about 6 months, but under warranty was replaced by GHD. I've had no problems with the replacement and have had it for several years now. I would be wary about purchasing on the internet as there are a lot of fakes and you don't get the GHD warranty, I definitely recommend buying from a trusted retailer as it is a expensive purchase! Great product!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros: Easy to use, heats up very quickly, flexibility that you can turn on/off the iron on the actual iron, long cord, styles quickly, comes with possibility for differents electrical plugs (In EU).
Cons: VERY expensive, standard verion does not come with a storing pouch.

It is really well worth the money though and I would happily re-purchase :-)

on 4/11/2012 2:08:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love this bad boy. Heats up in seconds. It hasn't damaged my hair as much as my previous (Sedu) flat iron had. It only takes a few passes to get my crazy curly hair silky and pin-straight. Makes styling my hair much quicker. Love it entirely. Well, except for the price tag.

on 3/12/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

First of all, I dont want to diss the actual performance of the GHD styler, but rather in the 20 months that I have owned my ghd styler, it has broken down on me twice. First time something malfunctioned in the wiring... within a few weeks GHD sent me a new one. A few weeks ago, the wire again started acting faulty, as in I would have to hold the styler in a certain position the whole time while straightening my hair if I wanted it to keep itself turned on. Then the lower plate started smoking.

I dont think I use my GHD in an abusive manner, especially as I've had other brands of straighteners like CHI and helen of troy and they have lasted me for years. I even use cheap brands for curling irons and hair dryers and they outlast my GHD. Not impressed at all with GHD... I thought its supposed to be the top of the notch brand when it comes to straightening and mine have broken down twice. What a waste of money.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I used the GHD 1 inch flat iron (the original) all throughout high school and college and had no problem with it. I have very coarse and thick hair, too. When my GHD finally conked out after about 6 or 7 years, I thought, well of course I'm going to get the same flat iron since my original served me so well! Wrong. I got the new GHD for a whopping $185 and it just did not perform as well. It took me several swipes over the same piece of hair to get my hair straight. Instead of cutting my hair prep time, it nearly doubled it. I remembered the lady at Sephora who had helped me mentioned that GHD makes another iron that was slightly higher in price and went to a higher temperature so I went for that one and paid a whopping $225 plus tax! I thought that this one would definitely work. For over $200, this flat iron would surely make my hair look like silk! Eh. Wrong again! Ladies, if you have coarse hair, look the other way. This flat iron with its one temperature setting is just not up for the task. I give it 2 stars because I'm sure it works for people with looser curls or thinner hair and the new beeping feature it has is pretty cool. But for $225---you gotta be versatile, and this iron, unfortunately, is not. Go for the Sedu if you have 3b to 4Z curls and kinks. You won't be disappointed.

on 3/1/2012 5:57:00 PM

I love my GHD flat iron. It's perfect. I'm a very low maintenance hair girl, and have straight hair with just the smallest amount of wave. I usually don't use this all over my hair, just the wavy bits, to make it all uniform and shiny. But if I do make the effort to do an all-over ironing, it makes my hair completely like silk, very shiny and wavy. I love this because it heats up quickly, makes a nice quick chirp to alert you that it's ready, and stays hot. I usually only use this on the days I wash my hair (every 3 days) but I've had it for about 4-5 years and there's no sign of any problem. Even though it's rather expensive, I believe in buying something once that lasts, and I would say this flat iron meets that expectation.