July 31, 2014 | 1471 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - IV Styler (all sizes)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by blondi530

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These straigtners have a cult status for a reason. I have just purchased my second pair. My first pair lasted me for 7-8 years. They are well worth the money, if anybody is in doubt don't be they will be one of the best purchases you will ever make. They do everything, curly, straight, wavy whatever you feel like on the day. Go ahead you wouldn't regret this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by sosu89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

In Australia these straighteners retail for AUS$330 - they are a very expensive product! I am glad I spent the money, I don't think there is a better straightener on the market. The original one I purchased, probably 4 years ago, stopped working after about 6 months, but under warranty was replaced by GHD. I've had no problems with the replacement and have had it for several years now. I would be wary about purchasing on the internet as there are a lot of fakes and you don't get the GHD warranty, I definitely recommend buying from a trusted retailer as it is a expensive purchase! Great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros: Easy to use, heats up very quickly, flexibility that you can turn on/off the iron on the actual iron, long cord, styles quickly, comes with possibility for differents electrical plugs (In EU).
Cons: VERY expensive, standard verion does not come with a storing pouch.

It is really well worth the money though and I would happily re-purchase :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love this bad boy. Heats up in seconds. It hasn't damaged my hair as much as my previous (Sedu) flat iron had. It only takes a few passes to get my crazy curly hair silky and pin-straight. Makes styling my hair much quicker. Love it entirely. Well, except for the price tag.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by persiantee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, I dont want to diss the actual performance of the GHD styler, but rather in the 20 months that I have owned my ghd styler, it has broken down on me twice. First time something malfunctioned in the wiring... within a few weeks GHD sent me a new one. A few weeks ago, the wire again started acting faulty, as in I would have to hold the styler in a certain position the whole time while straightening my hair if I wanted it to keep itself turned on. Then the lower plate started smoking.

I dont think I use my GHD in an abusive manner, especially as I've had other brands of straighteners like CHI and helen of troy and they have lasted me for years. I even use cheap brands for curling irons and hair dryers and they outlast my GHD. Not impressed at all with GHD... I thought its supposed to be the top of the notch brand when it comes to straightening and mine have broken down twice. What a waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by PinkGrapefruit14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used the GHD 1 inch flat iron (the original) all throughout high school and college and had no problem with it. I have very coarse and thick hair, too. When my GHD finally conked out after about 6 or 7 years, I thought, well of course I'm going to get the same flat iron since my original served me so well! Wrong. I got the new GHD for a whopping $185 and it just did not perform as well. It took me several swipes over the same piece of hair to get my hair straight. Instead of cutting my hair prep time, it nearly doubled it. I remembered the lady at Sephora who had helped me mentioned that GHD makes another iron that was slightly higher in price and went to a higher temperature so I went for that one and paid a whopping $225 plus tax! I thought that this one would definitely work. For over $200, this flat iron would surely make my hair look like silk! Eh. Wrong again! Ladies, if you have coarse hair, look the other way. This flat iron with its one temperature setting is just not up for the task. I give it 2 stars because I'm sure it works for people with looser curls or thinner hair and the new beeping feature it has is pretty cool. But for $225---you gotta be versatile, and this iron, unfortunately, is not. Go for the Sedu if you have 3b to 4Z curls and kinks. You won't be disappointed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my GHD flat iron. It's perfect. I'm a very low maintenance hair girl, and have straight hair with just the smallest amount of wave. I usually don't use this all over my hair, just the wavy bits, to make it all uniform and shiny. But if I do make the effort to do an all-over ironing, it makes my hair completely like silk, very shiny and wavy. I love this because it heats up quickly, makes a nice quick chirp to alert you that it's ready, and stays hot. I usually only use this on the days I wash my hair (every 3 days) but I've had it for about 4-5 years and there's no sign of any problem. Even though it's rather expensive, I believe in buying something once that lasts, and I would say this flat iron meets that expectation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have had many many straighteners in my life.

Middle School - Cheap target $5 straightener
High School - Revlon straightener and Sharper Image straightener
College - Chi straightener and now the GHD

When I was studying abroad I bought a transmitter to use for my Chi. Unfortunately, it did not work and my Chi died in Shanghai. After I came back to the US I got the GHD after much thought and deliberation. At first I thought about getting the GHD from discounted websites, but I got afraid of the horror stories on all the fakes in the market. So I went to Sephora and got the classic ($185).

The first time I used it I noticed how much better it was than the Chi or any other brands I've used. It straightens my hair in less than five minutes. Granted I have straight Asian hair to begin with. But this makes my hair smooth, silky, and beautiful. It is super expensive, but it makes a huge difference to how you look. Thus feeling prettier and more confident.

I don't know whether to trade this in for the professional or not. They say the plates are newer and creates more shine and less damage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Limwen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the gold standard in straightening irons. I have used ghd for years and would never, ever use anything else. Prior to ghd I had a Remington which simply did not compare. I have naturally frizzy, dry, kinked, crazy, flyaway hair and my ghds can tame it into sleek submission very quickly! They last years and years, too! My ghds are part of my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by foraudrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE my GHD Blue Serenity!