November 28, 2014 | 1190 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Contour Blusher Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by flossyglam

I actually bought this to use as a foundation brush for my Everyday Mineral samples, so I can't really speak of its contouring qualities (my current blush is a cream). It hasn't shed yet and does a good job getting powder on the face. I also kept the packaging to store my brush in since it's mixed in with a bunch of other junk in my drawer. Yay for useful packaging!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by strawberita1

PROS:

-Shape is absolutely perfect for highlighting & contouring.
-Bristles are soft and plush yet firm enough for precise application.
-Handle is ergonomically designed for comfort.
-Reasonably priced for the quality you get.
-I have owned this brush for well over a year and it has never shed a single hair and looks exactly as it did the day I bought it - and that is after tons of use and washes.

CONS:
I wish it were a teeny tiny bit larger.

I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by cherrrrryl

i've had this brush for a few months now and i'm pretty pleased with it. I use it to stipple and blend a contour color under my cheekbones, but sometimes it is just too small a brush to blend easily with, so i occasionally grab a bigger, fluffier brush to blend out. the bristles are nice and soft and pretty dense, and since it's on the small side it's great for detailing. the shape of it really helps with contouring and adding highlight on top of the cheekbones. i would repurchase because it's pretty good quality and i've never found another brush quite like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by francie197

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG blush brush. I was looking for a blush brush that would give me more control when applying blush, and this is perfect. The brush head is much smaller than most other brushes, which is great for applying blush directly to the apples or sides of the cheeks. I have had this blush for over a year, and I don't think it's ever shed at all. This is a great brush, I highly recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by sksterling

I always have issues with the big fluffy blush brushes......they plop blush all over. This is a perfect size for the apples of your cheeks. I know it's supposed to be used for contouring; but I don't do that. I just like the concentration of color and smooth application with this brush. however, since it's a 'cheap' brush, after about 2 monthes of daily use a new one will be needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 7:11:00 AM More reviews by spaghetina

I LOVE this brush. Yes, really... l-o-v-e. For the longest time, I was contouring with an old Clinque brush that came a gift set from about 10 years ago. That Clinique brush held up really well, and even though bristles had broken and splayed, they'd broken and splayed in the perfect way, making what was once a blush brush into the perfect contourer. Well, I figured that it probably wouldn't last forever, and so my search for a new brush began. I went through a lot of MAC brushes, trying to find one that I liked that wouldn't break the bank, but settled on trying the Sonia Kashuk first. Well, I haven't needed to purchase anything else because this brush has just been fantastic. It's great for contouring (of course) but also for applying blush to very specific areas, and works beautifully with highlighters. The quality of the bristles is amazing. They're soft and supple, full, but not too full, and a nice length. I have no problems picking up enough of whatever I'm swiping it across, and it deposits color evenly. I loved this brush so much that I went out and bought 2 more - one for my mom, and another one for myself just in case!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 5:54:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This design is part of Sonia Kashuk's premium line of makeup brushes (black handles), packaged inside white and clear plastic cases. The Contour Blusher Brush is a narrower version of her Angled Blush Brush, featuring a long, contoured handle for easy grip, and synthetic (yet soft and plush) bristles. It works best for precise application of contour shades or highlight powders. Obviously $14.99 is a pretty steep price for a brush used for such subtle touches, but Target does occasionally put the line on sale.