Sonia Kashuk Bent Eyeliner Brush

4.6

brush

on 10/10/2012 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT 3/22/13: Ever since discovering Sephora's Pro Gel Eyeliner #26, I rarely touch the SK one anymore. Actually I love it so much for eye lining or concealer, I own 3!

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Chinese hooded eyes. Gel liner girls, GET THIS NOW!

I'm slowly deleting old reviews, as I update them (above was written Jan'12). Oc't12, this is just the right stiffness for point concealing. Will now have to purchase a 2nd for both purposes.

on 8/19/2012 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Amazing brush for applying gel eyeliner, I picked this up thanks to recommendations from other reviewers and am not disappointed!! It makes it so easy to apply a thin line or build a thicker line if desired.

I'm writing this to compare the two bent eyeliner brushes that one can pick up at Target: SK vs. E.L.F.

Obviously, the Sonia Kashuk is built much sturdier and looks a lot nicer. The bristles are dense and the brush head is longer than the E.L.F one. The E.L.F is part of their Studio line, which means it's around $3, cheaper than the SK.

If you need a bent eyeliner brush to TIGHTLINE with, that's the biggest different for me with these two brushes. I have a harder time getting the SK brush between my lashes because of it's longer bristles; but it's those longer bristles that make it much better for drawing cat-eyes! The E.L.F brush comes to a smaller point, which makes it good for precision work.

I own and use both. I love the SK for lining my upper and lower lashlines or drawing cat-eyes, and the E.L.F for tightlining. The SK is a great brush and definitely worth picking up.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This makes using a gel eyeliner so easy. You can see the line you are drawing since it is angled. If anything, I would say this is ergonomic.

on 7/19/2012 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been wearing cake or gel eyeliner for over 10 years and thought the angled brush was the best way to put it on. I kept seeing these reviewers saying they thought the same thing until they tried this brush and for about $6 I thought why not. This is the best way to put on eyeliner, hands down. I get a smooth line with the most control I have ever had. I can make an ultra thin tight line or thicken up as I see fit. Makes that perfect swoop at the end for a cat-eye look. And its cheap. I washed mine-gently as you should-last night just to see if it would fray. while it was still wet i shaped it with a tissue and let it dry. It still had a perfect point when it finished drying.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I just started doing looks using a gel liner, so I decided to pick up a liner brush. Love that it's bent, makes it super easy to use. Def would repurchase! :)

on 7/12/2012 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this brush! I use it with the Sonia Kashuk liner palette, and it works amazingly. I have small eyes, so I need small liner brushes to give me more precision. Otherwise I end up looking like I applied my liner with an eyeshadow brush. I loved that it's bent because it makes it so much easier to apply liner. I've also used it with a gel liner (and it was even a cheap E.L.F. liner), and it worked well with that too. I also love the quality of these brushes. I love white brushes, and for a while I used the E.L.F. ones, but they were cheaply made (like painted wood that scratched off), but these are plastic and hold up really well.

on 7/9/2012 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This brush is a great alternative to more expensive ones. It makes it so easy to draw on winged eyeliner and is the perfect size. Readily available at most targets and lasts forever.

Why haven't I heard about the wonders of this brush?

Let me just say, that MUA members are usually on the cutting edge of these things. That is exactly why I find myself repeatedly reading through the site and LUV doing it! You learn so much.

This brush is:

~$6 and so economical
~Nice bristles which remain contained together instead of fly-by-ways
~Draws a perfect line with MAC Blacktrack and the tail of the wing is created SO MUCH EASIER with this brush!
~This brush out performs those brushes that are 4 times the cost or more!
~So cheap that going back for a couple more would be a good idea.

Luv, luv, luv!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I own two of these brushes. They apply my gel eyeliner so perfectly, and they keep their shape pretty well. For $6 they are a steal.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products