April 24, 2014 | 929 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Courbe Virtuose (Divine Lasting Curves)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by shaneksgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i originally got a sample of this product, which i used for 4 months. i liked it so i decided to buy the full price...big mistake!! this product is so expensive, and has such a short life! it started drying up within 6 weeks! as for its curling action, i couldn't see any significant effect without the use of my eyelash curler. it does give a nice, quite natural effect though, and does make your lashes very black. however, it also flakes like crazy. usually after two hours of application, i have little black flecks all over my undereyes and cheeks.

on the whole, this product is a total waste of money. dont believe the hype about Lancome mascaras, invest in drugstore brands. my maybelline, l'oreal and boujois mascaras are so much better than Virtuose!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by sherrulau

overall: worth trying out!
about this product: 12 hour curves and longer looking lashes
review:actually the best so far, i have stiff lashes and so its hard to curl them to show some length!
the curve brush is great, using the inside of the curve, it curls your lashes upwards (almost no need for an eyelash curler!) and the outside of the curve lengthens and fans your lashes out more. the effect looks a little fake lashy so that cool ^^...only problem...clumps easily.flakes off after a good 10ish hours.worth using it to bat your eyelashes for no reason ;) pricey. would like it even more if it was waterproof.
xo

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by vilkku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have so short and stiff lashes, and no mascara can keep them curled. I usually buy drugstore mascara so I really hoped that Lancome would help me..

Pros
-it does curl lashes, actually
-it gave my lashes volume (pretty much the only thing i'm NOT looking for in a mascara,lol)
-the curved brush is good

Cons
-like I said, it curled my lashes.. but did not hold it :(
-it tends to flake quite a bit
-on the expensive side
-did not lengthen lashes at all

Overall, this mascara was a bit of a disappointment. Not gonna buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by hippiepippie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Divine lasting curves my ***!!! This mascara does nothing. It doesn't give any curve, any length or any volume to my lashes. Terrible, terrible - a total waste of my money! Would not (NOT!!!) buy again. Ever! (And, also, I think the brush is horrible. It's thick, so the mascara ends up everywhere, and the shape of it makes it difficult to handle .. so it ends up everywhere.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by cepauloar

Luckily I got this as a free sample! I am so glad I didn't have to pay anything to try it. You should know that I have thin, sparse, medium length and stick straight eyelashes.
Goods:
- The brush has a nice shape that fits the eye
Bads:
- Can't hold a curl, so fails to its main purpose
- Provides minimal volume and length
- Clumps and flakes like crazy
- Formula is very dry
- The color is very grayish
Maybe I got an old sample tube but this mascara was too dry and it made my lashes look horrible. I think Lancôme has better mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

anyone notice there are two listings for this product? one has a re-purchase rate of under 50%, the other about 70 + %. depending which one you find, you would be swayed in totally opposite directions to purchase this

anyways. not sure why i bought this. probably to collect points of some sort. as far as i'm concerned it is an extremely average product. does what a basic mascara should do. not much length or volume, just your standard "blackening". very basic. not worth $30~, but would be a fine product at a drugstore pricepoint.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by DitaVee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent mascara for adding length, definition and making my lashes curl. The colour is not as intense as the Hypnose black, but I love how the curl and length enhances the shape of my eyes, my lashes are quite long naturally, but this adds more length without weight and a lovely curl.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Better that L’extreme, but not as good as Definicils. The curved brush is quite easy to easy, and the formula lengthens and thickens lashes slightly. Unfortunately, it doesn’t leave lashes feeling very soft. But as with all Lancome mascaras I’ve tried, this one has immaculate staying power; no flaking or smudging. I’ve been using a sample-size, but won’t be buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by csauthier

My favourite of Lancôme! I tried Definicils and Hypnôse from Lancôme, but I still prefer this one! It separates beautifully, adds length and curls. The only thing that I could say is that it doesn't add that much volume so don't go with this one if you want HUGE volume (you'd prefer Hypnôse). It gives a more natural look that the other Lancôme mascaras I guess. And it doesn't run even though it's not waterproof. It's just a bit pricey! But overall a great mascara, not too dramatic but that gives you beautiful separated and long lashes!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by melnlicky

This mascara is not worth buying. The color goes on dark and volumizes, an okay amount of curl, and didn't fade too much. I found that as i put it on it flaked everywhere. Big disappointment. This mascara is cluuumpy. especially if u want to layer coats. It also makes your lashes hard and brittle