November 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by katiemac0324

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS IS AMAZING! I have acne on my cheeks, chin and forehead with a horribly oily t-zone and this stuff does the job. It keeps my face matte for a good amount of time (about 2-3 hours) which I think isn't bad. I haven't broken out (except maybe one or two times) and you can't tell you have it on. The packaging is awesome and I think this will be my go to powder. Hopefully it's not discontinued because I think I've seen it in stores still.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by neveralways142

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolute best powder I have ever used. This has been my HG powder to set my makeup with for years. I was shocked to hear it was being discontinued, especially considering how popular and well loved it seems to be by many people. For me, this powder has been absolutely perfect. It keeps my combo/oily skin matte throughout the day, it sets my foundation well, and it provides a little extra coverage as well (but certainly not as much as many powder foundations). For me, that's perfect, considering that I have always used it to set and perfect the look of my makeup, not as a powder foundation. This is a daily product for me, something I keep in my purse and regularly repurchase. There's no other powder that has compared for me, so I'm devastated to see it go.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Sarahvelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product and repurchased it many times. It made my face look flawless and not oily at all. I was heart broken when I found out it was discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by monica3210

I am slightly oily but not much. I purchased this based on reviews here. I haven't tried very many powders but in comparison to the ones I've tried this makes my face look very smooth. It goes on matte but not chalky. After awhile I get the prettiest glow. I can imagine that people with oiler skin might not like this. To me this glow is not greasy or even dewy just a healthy skin glow. I am sad they discontinued this product and I'll miss the perfect glow it gave my skin. If I find a powder that gives me this glow too I'll update :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Summerkisses88

When I read that they were discounting this product, my husband and I spent Sunday afternoon searching for it. Found it at target, but most of the shades were already gone. Been using this for about a year, and I love it. Sets my makeup perfect, doesn't feel heavy. I enjoy using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow what a shame if this is discontinued. I've found this to be one of the best powders I've come across in terms of shine control, helping makeup last all day and just making my face look finished. Sad to see if may no longer be sold and will definitely hide any that I see in stores away!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this in the summer! It has lovely pigmentation, so I can just buff it into my skin either bare faced, or on top of concealer and ready to go! It's smooth, and easy to blend into the skin. It's great for touch ups during the day. It doesn't cake up, nor does it turn orange. I just hit pan on my second pan! If you have combo to normal skin i'd 100% recommend this powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by byankitty

Oh wow, no wonder I couldn't find it a few weeks ago. I finally found it and was really excited because of the reviews...but...to me, it's nothing special and I don't know why some people have compared it to a MAC one. The MAC one ate at have me a finish I could see. This one barely looked like it set on me. And since I have combination skin, the powder didn't stay as matte as I would've liked and it also set cake-like in the creases of my nose. I also thought the packaging was just not for me. And I'm an avid consumer of cool, innovative packaging. I see what they wanted to do with this but the packaging was awkward.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Shony101

Love this stuff so much. After reading other reviews I realise Ive probably gotten too much of a light shade (beige) but feel like it's still perfect because it doesn't seem to alter the colour of the foundation I wear underneath and I can also sometimes wear it by itself and it still looks great. It's velvety and doesn't leave you with a powdery finish like others. Would defiantly repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really wish I could love this powder but it really is no good and reminds me why I only ever use high end powder. It is really chalky, not finely milled at all and just leaves me looking really cakey. I usually press my powder on my face with a sponge since it sets makeup the best, and gives the most flawless and cake- free finish but it just didn't work regardless of how I used it. I think I may have bought a bad one given that everyone else describes it as smooth and silky where I would describe it as hard and powdery but I have owned two of these and I don't remember liking the first one I bought either. It's a shame! Would not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No